Continuation of my topics...

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Continuation of my topics...

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:06 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:You have to kill something in order to live otherwise you just starve to death so your moral lecturing is entirely impractical here
The only way to accept those conditions would be to commit suicide but no one is going to take it that far so killing is inevitable

What part of “mistakes are avoidable. In a world like this they are unavoidable”. Did you not read?
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby surreptitious75 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:38 pm

You say that mistakes are unavoidable and that everything should be regretted
But if something is regretted it means that it could actually have been avoided

You can not be responsible for something if it is inevitable so you really should tighten up the logic there
So try and spend a bit more time on developing a valid argument and less on babbling about metaphysics
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:54 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:You say that mistakes are unavoidable and that everything should be regretted
But if something is regretted it means that it could actually have been avoided

You can not be responsible for something if it is inevitable so you really should tighten up the logic there
So try and spend a bit more time on developing a valid argument and less on babbling about metaphysics

Regret is something that happens with maturity. Guilt is a child’s response. Regret comes from a higher level of cognition than a child. Sure. You can argue that nobody is to blame. Once responsibility is taken, regret is the emotion adults use.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to The Sandbox