Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby promethean75 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:56 am

Biggs, wanna see something funny as hell happen? Of course you do. Post this over at KT. No wait don't. It'd be too cruel. No yeah do it. Fuck it man, do it.

According to the Arniaz study, …Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles, such as *0305, *0307, *0411, *0413, *0416, *0417, *0420, *1110, *1112, *1304 and *1310. Genetic distances are closer between Greeks and Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean group and finally Greeks cluster with Ethiopians/sub-Saharans in both neighbour joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses. The time period when these relationships might have occurred was ancient but uncertain and might be related to the displacement of Egyptian-Ethiopian people living in pharaonic Egypt. See Arnaiz-Villena A, et.al: HLA genes in Macedonians and the sub-Saharan origin of the Greeks.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:08 am

Holy shit the plot thickens dude. I just read that Thales received instruction from a very elusive presocratic philosopher who's work was lost... but fragments of it were recovered in various ancient texts. His name was Negronides, and he is considered the real father of greek philosophy.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 pm

professor sarty pants wrote:
VIDEO: Fighting-age male migrants at Greek border say they want to go to Germany where there is free money

— Voice of Europe [...] (@V_of_Europe)

Post-Modern Afro-Asiatic hoards drunk on Abrahamic nihilism and desperate in their degeneration seeking vengeance and hope - a way to expunge their passions, i.e, needs/desires.

Jesus and here I was thinking these folks are just trying to escape the political turmoil, poverty and squalor in their own country, like anybody with a shred of sense would do, and now I find out they're drunk post-modern afro-asiatic abrahamonihilists seeking vengeance.

Who'da thunk it.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 pm

σάτυρος wrote: Moderns empty the world of meaning, using language, and then seek meaning in their own abstractions which have been rendered void and unable to offer them any fulfillment.
Then they seek relief in hedonism, and other forms of hyperbolic escapism, and in chemical joy, or art emptied of reality, reflecting their internal emptiness.

This is the cycle of Desperate Degeneracy.

And on and on and on he goes. The irony ever and always escaping him.

After all, what does he provide for us with on this thread but a world of words? The meaning of which almost never going beyond the use of language itself. Endless intellectual contraptions that, post after post after post, take the place of "hedonism...hyperbolic escapism...chemical joy... art emptied of reality, reflecting their internal emptiness."

You tell me: How are not his own numbingly didactic "general descriptions" not the very epitome of philosophical emptiness?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:36 am

Well when you understand the Ethiopian heritage of the Greek people, the rich imagery and use of apothegm in writing style, as opposed to abstract argument, accounts for most of what you're trying to understand in a more rigorously logical manner. These people have a long history of story telling and practicing philosophy in their own capacity. I think it's rather insensitive that you criticize him so.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:57 pm

You tell me: How are not his own numbingly didactic "general descriptions" not the very epitome of philosophical emptiness?

he dropped another one this morning, and if it weren't for the fact that i'm not inspired to debate in the company of only a handful of people (here at ILP) who would either learn nothing from my critiques, or in no way be able to apply anything they've learned to improve their lives even if they did learn anything, i'd seize the opportunity to do something with it. it used to be that i felt insulted enough (i being marxist in my leanings) by all the yapping, but these days i can't even get angry anymore, man.

but i wouldn't be able to answer your question anyway because the nature of the writing is such a verbose, disorganized mishmash of induction, poetry, unfalsifiable theory, pseudo-psychonanalytical nonsense, metaphysics and informal fallacy, topped with the emanating bitterness of someone so mundane and ordinary that living in a communist concentration camp would make no noticeable difference in his life, anyway... so you're finally like 'fuck this. excuse me, alexander the great, but if you could go ahead and pipe down a bit, we'd all appreciate it. thaaaanks.'
promethean75
Philosopher

Previous

Return to The Sandbox