My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:09 am

Ecmandu wrote:** always look around and ask, "is this violating anyone's consent?" If it is (yours included), you are in the wrong place

** every sociopath wants to be an empath with a conscience

** hyper-dimensional mirror realities

** atone

** everyone will have to regret their no means yes memories

** unceremonious dedication to non contradiction is the only non contradictory highest power

** five stages of a sex dimorphic species

** make infinite? Hyper-dimensional mirror copies of yourself or do a cosmic mind meld

** don't be the thing you hate

All of this is my spiritual protection and my grounding - I use it to ward off bad spirits



Talking about violating consent violates my consent.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:33 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:** always look around and ask, "is this violating anyone's consent?" If it is (yours included), you are in the wrong place

** every sociopath wants to be an empath with a conscience

** hyper-dimensional mirror realities

** atone

** everyone will have to regret their no means yes memories

** unceremonious dedication to non contradiction is the only non contradictory highest power

** five stages of a sex dimorphic species

** make infinite? Hyper-dimensional mirror copies of yourself or do a cosmic mind meld

** don't be the thing you hate

All of this is my spiritual protection and my grounding - I use it to ward off bad spirits



Talking about violating consent violates my consent.


That's not as clever as you think it is.

Phyllo is trying to use the same 'trick' in what he considers a serious way. He's losing badly.

My reply to him was, "is that what you want someone to say to you when they smash your foot with a hammer?"
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Ecmandu wrote:@karpel,

How many people have you met who say "I can't fully enjoy anything unless everyone can"?


Ecmandu,

Trying to deprive yourself of something (harmless) which will give you enjoyment is not really caring about yourself and your own needs, the latter of which is NOT being selfish.
Human beings have a right to be happy and to feel fulfilled.

If you cannot care about yourself in a good way you cannot actually care about others in a good way. This is not being kind or altruistic or empathic towards others. It is more of a scrupulous way of feeling and thinking. That is why I asked you if you were a religious person. It does not have to have anything at all to do with being an atheist.

Do you also feel that others ought not to enjoy things unless you yourself can?
If no one allowed their selves to be happy because they saw no one else as being happy, who in this world would ever be happy.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15597
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:@karpel,

How many people have you met who say "I can't fully enjoy anything unless everyone can"?


Ecmandu,

Trying to deprive yourself of something (harmless) which will give you enjoyment is not really caring about yourself and your own needs, the latter of which is NOT being selfish.
Human beings have a right to be happy and to feel fulfilled.

If you cannot care about yourself in a good way you cannot actually care about others in a good way. This is not being kind or altruistic or empathic towards others. It is more of a scrupulous way of feeling and thinking. That is why I asked you if you were a religious person. It does not have to have anything at all to do with being an atheist.

Do you also feel that others ought not to enjoy things unless you yourself can?
If no one allowed their selves to be happy because they saw no one else as being happy, who in this world would ever be happy.


I'm not going to insult the suffering by refusing to live my life because of them -- however!! I am always in solution mode --- I won't forget them either.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Perhaps I misinterpreted your words then. I thought that in your address to KT you were referring to yourself.

I'm not going to insult the suffering by refusing to live my life because of them -- however!! I am always in solution mode --- I won't forget them either.


I think you can say that there are good intentions in that as long as one does not lean too much in the other direction and become blatantly obvious and smug about it.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15597
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
I am not going to insult the suffering by refusing to live my life because of them

You not living your life as you wanted would not be insulting to them as all they want is for their suffering to end
But by you actually placing greater value over your life than their suffering you are engaging in consent violation

And because you have now broken your own moral code you can now go and have sex with all of those beautiful women you claim to know
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
I am always in solution mode - I wont forget them

Not forgetting them is not what actually matters but ending their suffering once and for all
Once you have done that you can forget them for ever if you really want to but not before
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:52 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
I am not going to insult the suffering by refusing to live my life because of them

You not living your life as you wanted would not be insulting to them as all they want is for their suffering to end
But by you actually placing greater value over your life than their suffering you are engaging in consent violation

And because you have now broken your own moral code you can now go and have sex with all of those beautiful women you claim to know


Surreptitious, sometimes you're just a moron.

How the fuck am I supposed to stop a child from starving in Bangladesh?!?!

Should I just shoot myself in the head because I feel so bad about this child?!?!

No! That child would say to me, "fuck you for ruining your whole life because of me! You made a mockery of my suffering!"
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby surreptitious75 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:27 am


So far in this thread you have said this about others here :

seriously fucked up - kind of rot - almost a nothing - you are a parasite - you re full of shit - wiping the shit off your ass for you - zero sum loving moron

But you carry on convincing yourself that you are a hyper empath who feels everyones emotions while you insult anyone who disagrees with anything you say

I wonder what stupid insult are you going to post in response to this - I dont really care I am just reflecting yourself back at you as you have zero self awareness

Mags has told you to rein it in but that did not register with you for some reason so can you not understand a simple instruction with that very large IQ of yours
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby surreptitious75 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:56 am

Ecmandu wrote:
How the fuck am I supposed to stop a child from starving in Bangladesh ?

Should I just shoot myself in the head because I feel so bad about this child ?

No ! That child would say to me fuck you for ruining your whole life because of me ! You made a mockery of my suffering !

You are not thinking very logically here so let me help you out if I can :

No child in Bangladesh even knows you exist so could not blame you for ruining their life which you had nothing to do with anyway

You have consistently said hyper dimensional mirrors will eliminate all suffering so there is your very own solution to the problem

The small matter of translating the theory into practice will hopefully be overcome in time to save all children dying from starvation

So how soon do you think it will be then before you have finally eliminated all suffering for all of eternity
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:37 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:
Mags has told you to rein it in but that did not register with you for some reason so can you not understand a simple instruction with that very large IQ of yours

The only one contradicting themselves on these boards is Ecmandu, but he has made a thread, here, for him to contradict himself all day long in.

The fact that Ecmandu is not learning, and therefore not adjusting himself from the input of others, is not the best thing to do, and intelligence is mostly about choosing the best option/s and doing the best thing.. for you.

The guy is obsessed with procreation.. he needs to get a life, then all things fall into place within the framework of that life/our lives.. if he doesn't do it now, then when? never.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18867
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
@karpel,

How many people have you met who say "I can't fully enjoy anything unless everyone can"?

Jesus made some mistakes and some mistakes were projected on him.
YOu getting up on a cross, to the extent you are effective at transmitting the giant guilt trip, doesn't help anyone.
You're a living guilt trip right now, and people in posts here who do not have your uniqueness are pegging you on the contradictions in your stance, the lack of empathy and the brutality in it.

It's good to acknowledge hate, and good for you for doing that. But you got stuck in a moment and now you tell everyone, bascially, that they are shit, you are Jesus, while at the same time not having the foggiest notion of the dynamics you are engaged in.

It's bullshit, and it's not subtle.

I know very strange things are going in. I don't judge you for your hypermirror or for owning hate. I don't get triggered by 'weird' or counterintuitive. It's your dynamics and the old savior guilt trip you are rolling in and streaming out of you. But, look, even people who reject your ideas out of hand, are nailing, I mean spot on describing your interpersonal dynamics and blind spots. That's how obvious it is.

I reject your positioning yourself as having so much insight when it is clear from interpersonal interactions here, you miss so much about yourself and others. I reject your positioning because it is driven by an angry Jesus complex. (that's shorthand, I'm not saying the archetype can to you via Christianity directly or even indirectly.)

You are shitting on people and calling it love.

I don't need guilt nor do I confuse it with love.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:36 pm

Absent hyperdimensional mirror realities, the default is the old system. I'm trying to teach you the old system.

You feel guilt because you actually are guilty.

If you think I'm hard!!!

Move like your ass is on fire!!

You all attack my mind every moment of every day in much worse ways than I've assaulted your minds. Consider for a moment that my life has been so much harsher than yours that it's a miracle that I'm this composed.

Maybe then you'll understand.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby promethean75 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Consider for a moment that my life has been so much harsher than yours


pfft. you don't know what suffering is, pal. in 92 i got a 93 cherry red corvette as a gift. had the superfly trans with the three-speed shift kit and everything. so i walk outside, see it in the driveway, and fire it up for a drive. and guess what. it didn't have any gas in it.

so don't talk to me about suffering, dude.
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: My grounding / centering post - magnum opus

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Consider for a moment that my life has been so much harsher than yours
I have. It was one of my first reactions to you. And that's in the context of me having gone through some really quite hellish stuff as a child and then again as an adult. I would guess despite that, that you are right on this one. My first reaction was concern. But there's only so long I can get judgmental smacks from someone before there are other things I will want to respond to. Consider that that harshness is affecting you in some of the ways that people are responding to, and you might need to save yourself, in some basic ways, before saving the universe. And if you think you need to save everyone before making your own life better, that is Lucifer whispering in your ear. That ain't love. Perhaps to fully have everything you want you do need the world healed, but things can get a lot better for you, even if it isn't. And carrying the world on your shoulders all the time is what some of the kinder victims of abuse do - I speak from experience - and that form of self-hate needs to be let go of to heal.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

My greatest idea / formulation

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:03 am

I'm often seen as "the sex guy"

But this is actually not my greatest output or formulation. The sex stuff is my output for the mundane world.

My transcendent idea is this:

- Nobody wants their consent violated

- Everyone is having their consent violated

- The purpose in life is to eradicate consent violation

For all time, that will be my greatest philosophical contribution.

I'm now just an emeritus philosopher.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My greatest idea / formulation

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:28 am

Ecmandu wrote:I'm often seen as "the sex guy"

But this is actually not my greatest output or formulation. The sex stuff is my output for the mundane world.

My transcendent idea is this:

- Nobody wants their consent violated

- Everyone is having their consent violated

- The purpose in life is to eradicate consent violation

For all time, that will be my greatest philosophical contribution.

I'm now just an emeritus philosopher.



I'm giving you folks very good advice ...

If you're in judgement, all you have to say is...

"This is violating my consent!"

To EVERYTHING, until it stops violating your consent.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My greatest idea / formulation

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I'm often seen as "the sex guy"

But this is actually not my greatest output or formulation. The sex stuff is my output for the mundane world.

My transcendent idea is this:

- Nobody wants their consent violated

- Everyone is having their consent violated

- The purpose in life is to eradicate consent violation

For all time, that will be my greatest philosophical contribution.

I'm now just an emeritus philosopher.



I'm giving you folks very good advice ...

If you're in judgement, all you have to say is...

"This is violating my consent!"

To EVERYTHING, until it stops violating your consent.



Arghh...

I forgot one bullet point.

- no matter how hard you try in a world like this to not violate consent, you have absolutely no choice but to violate consent!

Again, the purpose of life is to eradicate all consent violation
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Previous

Return to The Sandbox



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users