Nothing rather than Something

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Nothing rather than Something

Postby Gloominary » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 pm

The universe is nothing...a big nothing.
It only appears to be something, like an inkblot.
It only appears to be going somewhere, like a rat race.
The universe is almost entirely empty space.
And full space is almost entirely empty space.
Backwards and forwards in time, inside and outside in space, the universe is infinitely regressive and divisible, there's no origin, destination or substance.
It doesn't repeat itself, so much as it rhymes.
A septillion years from now, the universe will be totally unrecognizable, and a septillion years from then, more unrecognizable still.
And so we are but a means to an alien end.
Our universe is the multiverse, in that it is transformative.
It's a chameleon, a shapeshifter.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Re: Nothing rather than Something

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:20 pm

You have to understand what the word "nothing" means.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:32 pm

I meant practically nothing, not literally nothing.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Gloominary wrote:I meant practically nothing, not literally nothing.

Still in as far as there is something, it is in the universe.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 am

Can't argue with that.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:25 pm

There's a lot of art to the conceptions we build of omega and all times, extending into eternity. It seems to be an ultimate end, detaching ourselves from this universal upload, and observing time square become a forest, or the sun eating the earth. And what penetrates and binds all of existence together could be the future, a shining point all of this messy rattlesnake of a life is rocketing towards, should we initiate noble causes of growth and uplifting. Then a shining utopia may pierce all of that black depression.
RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
Secret Garden viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
Buddha Unleashed viewtopic.php?f=25&t=195208
Nihilus Harnesses Yoda Wisdom viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195214
Kazaam viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195203
I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:10 am

Exuberant Teleportation wrote:There's a lot of art to the conceptions we build of omega and all times, extending into eternity. It seems to be an ultimate end, detaching ourselves from this universal upload, and observing time square become a forest, or the sun eating the earth. And what penetrates and binds all of existence together could be the future, a shining point all of this messy rattlesnake of a life is rocketing towards, should we initiate noble causes of growth and uplifting. Then a shining utopia may pierce all of that black depression.

In all likelihood, I think we're done for.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Fri May 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Gloominary wrote:In all likelihood, I think we're done for.

Defeating the big omniversal black is easy - you just need hope. If there's any way out of this accursed simulation of a torture system, it's by seeing the shroud of the manic in our souls replaying that wish into the tape recorder of cosmic fate. We could return from the future, and prevent out past offspring from making cataclysmic mistakes that seal our fate away from something higher, more rewarding, grand, and luxurious. The way forward is wisdom, wisdom to choose, to have experience, to know what works, and to implement that by the power of command. The human will is absolutely groundbreaking, a metal ball of big bang like ferocity and intensity. It's mind that triumphs over matter, that orchestrates the patterns, and sets free the fountain of youth, promising us life to come.
I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat May 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Exuberant Teleportation wrote:
Gloominary wrote:In all likelihood, I think we're done for.

Defeating the big omniversal black is easy - you just need hope. If there's any way out of this accursed simulation of a torture system, it's by seeing the shroud of the manic in our souls replaying that wish into the tape recorder of cosmic fate. We could return from the future, and prevent out past offspring from making cataclysmic mistakes that seal our fate away from something higher, more rewarding, grand, and luxurious. The way forward is wisdom, wisdom to choose, to have experience, to know what works, and to implement that by the power of command. The human will is absolutely groundbreaking, a metal ball of big bang like ferocity and intensity. It's mind that triumphs over matter, that orchestrates the patterns, and sets free the fountain of youth, promising us life to come.

Sure, the way forward is wisdom, to know what works, but what works?
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Gloominary wrote:
Exuberant Teleportation wrote:Sure, the way forward is wisdom, to know what works, but what works?

The most important thing throughout the ages of past civilizations has been writing. Learning can't die, and knowledge has to spread. Progress rises exponentially when we transmit our knowledge. By studying the great works, delving into the fossil record even (that's a record of the past growth too, just like writing), we see the inestimable value of life, and of all of our ever expanding dreams. Life should be cherished, should flourish and grow. So if we all loved life, and the opportunities we have before us, then we could transform this hell-hole into a marble statue cooked from oblivion and the maelstrom of channeled energy/efforts.
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:17 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Return to The Sandbox