Creative Impetuses

What forces creativity to occur?

General excess and lacking seem to be two driving accelerators which end up becoming alternative somethings.

I operate in the realm of excess, excess positive energy inspires me which would equate with ample endorphins and serotonin, rather than any personal lacking in physiological components or perceptions of my situation in general, but the change I envision always fixes a lacking, providing a betterment for other people including myself. The needs of others drive me to create in the realm of utilitarian common sense rather than artistic philanthropy. Strange how that happens. Art for art’s sake offends my sensibilities concerning my endeavors and perhaps there is some snobbery in me devaluing artistic self-absorption in others.

Since I always operate creatively from the aspect of excess, people who operate from the aspect of lacking intrigue me. Their methods to self-medicate or revise what they have into what is missing while suffering amazes me, but is it in the high of the alcohol/drug addictions where they find their footing, their grounding, their excess, an artificial, man-made catharsis rather than a natural one? Then I wonder how they view their creative outputs…with new eyes (sober eyes), through the haze of the focused addiction, or some kind of combination of the two.

Wendy … interesting topic

What forces creativity to occur?

Paraphrasing … what are the seeds of creativity?

Perhaps as numerous as the stars. :slight_smile:

Have you had a look at Gib’s book?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=193771

Snobbery is something we are all guilty of from time to time. :slight_smile:

Wendy, since they alternate , for me its a matter of speeding up the alternator. Of sped up through the drive train to a sufficient rate of rpm’s I will be a bad judge of whether the impetus of my revolutionary ideas are more tuned toward artistic efforts either for it’s own sake, or for others; or whether it’s for really effective utility of required various types of constructions I would hazard to put my efforts to, mainly in order to be of service to others.

I am speedy as well the whirring machinery working in the highest gear, and changing my biochemistry will only change the rate at which both will function.

Let me clarify:

When the alternator switches to a very low gear, the two types of endeavors will change, the differential enabling a long enough time to appear as of I’m merely idling . At that time, whatever I’m on, will appear to be the derived root of my intended product. The self serving art for its own sake , will tend to be expressed by most naturalistic stylistic rubrics, and as its sped up , it went through the various stages , up toward the literal expressive nature of an abstractly expressed expression. But if it changes gears, in a machine comprised of seeking innumerable changing gears, a strange thing may occur, the artistic phenomena can transform like some kind of Fourier mystery tour into installations of machine art, where art itself can become a functional transport of reality as it should be , changing and moving things and people.

The modus operans of such as can happen on very strong stimulants like lycergoc acid, mushrooms,
and stuff like that, is a biofeedback of such heightened sensibility that the fear of gaining the ground may be an actual possibility

In cases of such large infusions of creativity , the function and the , the utility, and the appearance of the installed reality bite, can summon an entropy of existential hyper compression, where analysis of the motive to create a link between the intentional apparition of the beginning of the inspirational chain and it’s eventual target , become defused by severing. the drive train from the power source.

Although such achievement of the neural state can be achieved, if left intended in a hyperglide for too long, it can usher in a permanent state of total mechanical transformation, where, the rusted parts could de-activate the whole system, resulting in a imminent journey to the junkyards.

Note: as strange as it sounds, such wrecks can be transfixed into permanent collections of installed junk for fun aesthetics.

You more or less answered your own question here. I will add that is is a good answer too.

I can understand why a person in your position would be intrigued by people who operate from a lack perspective.

I absolutely, positively adore this quote of Keats…

I will clamber through the clouds and exist!

Creative impulses? The above says it all for me.
Just feel it!

But do you think that Wendy summed it up pretty well with the following sentence:

That is Creative Impetuses from what I can tell.

I may be wrong here but it seems to me that these phrases ~ general excess and lacking ~ are being used in a negative way. But Wendy can explain that.

General excess can mean one’s cup overflowing after having taken a break from the creative. That space or allowing one’s cup to fill is what may be needed for the creative energy and force to rise up.

As far as lacking goes, it is the other side of the coin.
It is not necessarily what the artist sees as lacking within him-her self as much as it is what he/ she subjectively sees as lacking within the world. Writers and painters have that still small voice within them which they at some point need to answer to to speak for a cause or an ideal or to paint in order for others to wake up to what needs to be seen.

For example, take Ikkyū’s beautiful words

This ink painting of
Wind blowing through pines
Who hears it?

Do those words give you the shivers? They do to me and they speak and point out what is lacking in the ways in which we view and do not understand art or anything in nature which we may not see …what may be missing from our perspective and what may otherwise enrich us.

Arcturus Descending

I can better see where you are coming from now and I thank you greatly for taking the time to explain it.

=D>

Again thank you!

How far back did you have to look and what exactly is it which you are seeing, my friend? :animals-bunny:

Arcturus Descending

First I quote:

Oh dear, you had to ask - I thought you would have known better by now :laughing: but of course, I am kidding.

This is how far back I did have to look and what I saw was this: that your clambering and existing can both be adverse conditions - I would say especially in clouds. That this adversity is most auspicious to creativity.

Would not adversity also be seen as negative under certain light?

encode_decode,

Keats’ words were included in a letter to painter Benjamin Robert Haydon…

…“I will clamber through the Clouds and exist. I will get such an accumulation of stupendous recollolections that as I walk through the suburbs of London I may not see them–I will stand upon Mount Blanc and remember this coming Summer when I intend to straddle ben Lomond–with my Soul!-”…

englishhistory.net/keats/letter … pril-1818/

As far as what Keats himself may have been experiencing, I get no sense of adversity in his words at those moments albeit I do realize that he suffered with TB. He seemed to be really looking forward to his trip with great expectation and fervor.

I will agree that adversity or some form of struggle and/or questioning at some point can create the impetus for creativity. I myself have one or two poems in here which are the result of that.

But when I spoke of my own clamoring through the clouds and existing, and how Keats’ words affected me, there was no sense of adversity there at all.
There was only a sense of heightened awareness, joy or delight, rapture, ecstasy (lol) and great expectation.
That too is also a part of existence and our participation within it.

His words almost blew me away because I have so experienced them in my life!
Can you also feel that too when you read those words?
Go for it! :angelic-flying:

Of course, that does not mean that others would have the same inner experience while reading those words. Theirs might be different.

With a sense of heightened awareness etc. the adversity may be removed - there is a certain amount of extra power given to us when we are excited.

I can now after you explained it all further to me.

When we are not excited, even the smallest thing can seem like a chore, but when we are excited, the biggest of mountains becomes easier to climb.

If that makes sense.