Which race is better at war? Whites vs Blacks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blood_River

Also, it is important to note that a European army from the middle ages of the same size as the Zulus could have taken out the Boers, as well as the Zulu.

The only reason blacks are any threat at all is that Europeans (foolishly) give them European invented and produced technology, resources, and knowledge.

Whatever mod deleted the previous thread from the Society, Government, and Economics forum, could you at least notify the participants that the thread was deleted and why?

Although this iteration contains less racial epithets, it’s the same thing. I don’t see how it’s good to remove the old one with my comment. The thread basically just got whitewashed and no one’s point of view went challenged. That seems like the worst possible outcome to me.

I removed it, largely because of the epithets. While this thread seeks to advance ideas that are as abhorrent, the ideas themselves aren’t prohibited. The epithets, by contrast, are different in kind from bad ideas.

Unfortunately, the thread sat around longer than it should have before being removed, and it got several replies. I am happy to provide you with language from your reply if you’d like to post any part of it again.

Thanks for the explanation. I was pissed because I felt like I couldn’t let that thread go unanswered, like all of ILP is just letting this dude get off on race baiting without a challenge, using ILP to plant seeds for race war, so I start a dialog (albeit a tenuous one) and then come back to find it gone, with no idea if AutSider even saw it, and a whitewashed version of the same OP with no answers. Frustrating.

The epithets are also a consequence of the ideas AutSider is trading in. I would rather the thread have stood as it was, lest someone get the impression it has an air of serious argument to it.

I created this second thread because I care about the message being conveyed here, and using epithets is useful but not necessary in order to convey it.

This thread merely presents a fact that blacks are militarily incompetent. I never claimed it was an argument. It’s obviously impossible to make a serious argument for the other side.

If your message is, “I have a strong hatred for black people,” I agree that using racial epithets is useful to convey it. However, that message is not philosophy.

This is arguably philosophy, it’s just bad philosophy. Are you actually incapable of seeing any counterargument to that position? I get that you have a strong emotional commitment to not recognizing such arguments, but if you can’t play devils advocate against your own positions, your positions will always be weak (case in point).

Oh, there are counter arguments. Just not a single good one. Some positions are just so weak and obviously false you can’t make good arguments in their favor.

Autsider, you should spend more time around lawyers. They can make strong arguments for almost anything.

So your contribution to discussion is to make statements on which you believe there can be no disagreement? You posting this is the equivalent for you of someone posting a thread called “What color is the sky? Blue vs red”, with images of Ray Liotta laughing directed at anyone who thinks it’s red?

I think you recognize that what you’re saying admits of more counter-argument than you acknowledge, but if you don’t, I don’t understand your motive. Why make a post asserting a fact that you believe is obvious and not subject to doubt? Is it just trolling?

Look, Autsider, I have deep disagreements with your worldview, but it seems to me like, given that worldview, you could do a much better job of presenting it. There are interesting things to be said about race, there are even philosophically interesting ways to make racist arguments. When you make a post that is little more than a racist meme, you give the strong impression that you haven’t thought deeply about the positions you’re taking, and your ideas can be and are dismissed. If you put some thought into it, try to understand why people disagree with you and make arguments that address those reasons, you’re more likely to be taken seriously and to advance your worldview. Whether you are interested in personal aggrandizement or propagating an ideology, that seems like a win.

For my part, I want you to think deeply about the issues you’re concerned about because I think in doing so you’ll see why you’re wrong. But if you really think you’re right, you shouldn’t be afraid of that. If you think your position is true, pursue the truth fearlessly and in good faith. If you’re worried you’re wrong, I guess keep posting memes (but please post them elsewhere).

Ray Liotta is an old meme.

Carleas

No

Just in case some people aren’t aware of the fact, or perhaps even thought the opposite is true. And cause I find it funny. And cause of some other reasons, and no, not trolling.

This thread is a short statement of a simple fact. Take it for what it is.