weird facts

In German, “jungle” is spelled “Dschungle”.

No, it’s spelled “Dschungel”.

Duhh good catch
another fact

The association between yeasts and angiosperms dates to the Cretaceous,

You get a boner when you die, or something.

You win.

The average air-speed velocity of an unlade swallow, whether African or European, is 23mph. Knowing this fact could save your life.

Can they carry coconuts?

Only very tiny ones.

That figures! Thats about a ninth of the dive-speed of the Peregrine Falcon.
See things are already starting to stitch together.

There are more microbes on a person’s body than there are humans on Earth.

Read more: scienceclarified.com/scitech … z5HwFJXB2v

I find that to be very interesting though a bit scary.
But talk about inter-connectedness or outer-connectedness.

I would find it a lot scarier if it were the other way around.

lol I did not expect that. Can you edify me as to the reason why? Is it because many of those microbes are healthy and positive ones?

An enquiring mind would really like to know.

Lol no when you grow up knowing of the trillions of beings that crowd your skin and innards, and given how humans tend to lose all integrity in crowds, the idea that there would be even more humans than these crawling micro creatures is just terrifying.

Apparently humans are more ancestrally related to echinoderms (starfish, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, etcetera) than they are arthropods (insects, crustaceans, arachnids…) and mollusks (squid, octopi, cuttlefish…).

You’d think because arthropods and mollusks have heads, faces, brains and the former an exoskeleton (we have an endoskeleton), they’d be more ancestrally related to vertebrates than headless echinoderms, but nope.

So heads, faces and brains independently evolved a few times, weird.

You also poop when you die.

Poop is an understatement… it literally instantly rushes out of you, like the great flood.

There are more potholes in Montreal than there are stars in our galaxy.

La, la.

It takes so long for a star to die that astronomers have not yet observed a fully dead star.

A human brain operates on about 15 watts.