Page 2 of 2

Re: Q&A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:33 pm
by Arcturus Descending
gib wrote:Paranoia can be contagious, encode. But I've contracted every strain of this bacteria. I'm immune. :lol:


Perhaps *every* could presuppose that there may still be another or others out there lurking in the wings?
You are not immune until you die. lol

Be vigilant but with balance. If you are hyper-vigilant you may experience paranoia around every corner. 8-[
Train your mind to be calm, gib.
:evilfun:

Re: Q&A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:18 pm
by gib
Arcturus Descending wrote:Train your mind to be calm, gib.
:evilfun:


Thanks master Yoda. :mrgreen:

Re: Q&A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 pm
by Arcturus Descending
gib wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:Train your mind to be calm, gib.
:evilfun:


Thanks master Yoda. :mrgreen:


Everything I know I have learned from my cat, Yoda. :evilfun:

Re: Q&A

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:55 am
by encode_decode
    Arcturus Descending

    And here I was, hoping, praying and further hoping that both yourself and gib would catch the strain I have on offer.

    Arcturus Descending wrote:
    gib wrote:Paranoia can be contagious, encode. But I've contracted every strain of this bacteria. I'm immune. :lol:

    Perhaps *every* could presuppose that there may still be another or others out there lurking in the wings?
    You are not immune until you die. lol

    Perhaps the strain I am offering is not contagious.

    Arcturus Descending wrote:Be vigilant but with balance. If you are hyper-vigilant you may experience paranoia around every corner. 8-[
    Train your mind to be calm, gib.
    :evilfun:

    I took this on board . . . now I am paranoid . . . I am freaked out. I hope you will be OK gib.

    :lol:

    Re: Q&A

    PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:56 pm
    by gib
    encode_decode wrote:And here I was, hoping, praying and further hoping that both yourself and gib would catch the strain I have on offer.


    Geez, what a tempting offer! :lol:

    Re: Q&A

    PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:12 am
    by MagsJ
    encode_decode wrote:
      MagsJ

      These are good questions. The first question seems to be one that nature says yes to and we often say no to.

      MagsJ wrote:Gib/ED/AD.. does that mean everything can have endless possibilities?

      I have never considered a question like this. I do not have an answer right now, but I will say this, thank you for asking.

      Just from a moments thought, it is quite a stimulating question.

      Thanks.

      MagsJ wrote:Humans limit situations.. not the situation itself, so are we becoming a problem unto ourselves/our growth?
      Well we are definitely becoming a problem unto ourselves and our growth - this I believe can be from both setting limits and not setting limits.

      Not an easy set of criteria to overcome, of which I recognise that I too am a victim of.. victims of an all or nothing mentality, that needs an interim middle-ground found quickly enough to resolve this limitation of situations and therefore growth.. or is that a bad idea, if our fight or flight responses cannot adapt as quickly as our mind?

      image.jpeg
      image.jpeg (112.7 KiB) Viewed 362 times

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:27 am
      by MagsJ
      Arcturus Descending wrote:MagsJy wrote:
      does that mean everything can have endless possibilities?
      Many things do have strong possibilities. I do not think that they are limitless nevertheless because there are too many inner and outer influences going on around us.
      There is also Reality despite what we might want to believe.
      Also, we are human. It is nice to believe that we are limitless but at the same time we have our limitations.
      It would also greatly depend on the individual and the circumstances and the subject matter.

      I think that we ourselves have to investigate and gauge just how possible something is for us.
      We all have different gifts and talents.
      But we cannot let go too soon or let go too late to discover our answers.

      So, I would have to err on the side of caution and say No. We do not know everything.

      So you equate 'endless possibilities' with 'knowing everything'? Ok.

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:07 am
      by MagsJ
      gib wrote:
      MagsJ wrote:Gib/ED/AD.. does that mean everything can have endless possibilities?
      Hmm... looks like we three have been branded as the experts in these matters. :lol:

      I don't know how to answer this question. Off the top of my head, I'd say no. Things are limited by the laws of nature. Gasoline has the possibility of becoming fire but not the possibility of becoming medicine (unless there is some kind of chemical process it can go through that I'm not aware of). The laws of nature see to it that this is the case.

      However, I do believe that the singular totality of the universe in its primal state has the potential to be carved up into any possibility you can imagine (or any possibility you can't imagine), much like the number 1 can be carved up into any sum of fractions you like:

      .25 + .25 + .25 + .25
      or
      .1 + .9
      or
      3 - 8 + 6

      ...of all the possibilities, in all the world, you had to choose this one - compelled to, or limited to?

      Less limitations means more compelling experiences, but at what cost.

      MagsJ wrote:Humans limit situations.. not the situation itself, so are we becoming a problem unto ourselves/our growth?
      We only limit situations because we are limited. We cannot choose all possibilities. We are limited to choosing one (or a small set) of possibilities. If we had no limits, things might be different.

      I think cities, and especially large cities, are making us reactive rather than enabled. Modern woes make for modern ills.

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm
      by Arcturus Descending
      MagsJ wrote:
      Arcturus Descending wrote:MagsJy wrote:
      does that mean everything can have endless possibilities?
      Many things do have strong possibilities. I do not think that they are limitless nevertheless because there are too many inner and outer influences going on around us.
      There is also Reality despite what we might want to believe.
      Also, we are human. It is nice to believe that we are limitless but at the same time we have our limitations.
      It would also greatly depend on the individual and the circumstances and the subject matter.

      I think that we ourselves have to investigate and gauge just how possible something is for us.
      We all have different gifts and talents.
      But we cannot let go too soon or let go too late to discover our answers.

      So, I would have to err on the side of caution and say No. We do not know everything.



      So you equate 'endless possibilities' with 'knowing everything'? Ok.


      I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from what I wrote. Read it again.
      Had you even read my last line, you would have realized that my answer to your question was a NO.

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:13 pm
      by gib
      MagsJ wrote:...of all the possibilities, in all the world, you had to choose this one - compelled to, or limited to?

      Less limitations means more compelling experiences, but at what cost.


      I'm not sure what you mean Mags? I don't think anyone chooses to be in the reality we find ourselves in. However, I think the anthropic principle might address what I think you mean. It's like asking: out of all the animals on Earth, why did I become human? Because only humans can ask the question.

      MagsJ wrote:I think cities, and especially large cities, are making us reactive rather than enabled. Modern woes make for modern ills.


      Reactive meaning more limited? Not actually making free choices? In that case, we've got to tough it out. Learn to be okay with the consequences we're trying so desperately to avoid.

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 pm
      by MagsJ
      surreptitious75 wrote:
      Mags wrote:
      does that mean everything can have endless possibilities
      Humans limit situations not the situation itself so are we becoming a problem unto ourselves and our growth
      Growth happens slowly over time and if one is truly open then they shall consider every available possibility
      But they will not be endless or infinite ones and even if they were they could not all be experienced anyway

      It is not so much in the experiencing than in the choosing, that I am interested in.. the deciding factors in which way things will go... stressful much! :|

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:13 am
      by MagsJ
      Fixed Cross wrote:
      MagsJ wrote:Gib/ED/AD.. does that mean everything can have endless possibilities?

      Its hard enough to see two different possibilities most of the time.

      It is? I think the difficulty arises in settling on only one of many available choices.. seeing all those choices is the easy part.

      Humans limit situations.. not the situation itself, so are we becoming a problem unto ourselves/our growth?
      We need to exploit more of each others qualities. Humans are severely under-exploited, they are capable of far greater feats than we now expect of ... us, - and I mean as a collective.
      The egos of others prohibits this exploitation of those with an amazing skill set.. nothing brings out the demon in others than being outshined.

      The UN isn't the best we can do, as citizens of the world. For one it dates from a pre internet age. We can have a much better and more layered and interwoven and effective, relevant, and even sort of democratic united front of nationalities if we become a bit more ambitious with the internet. As fragile as all these individual bits are in terms of force, all of them together will make the world more stable. We will slowly be able to afford more truth, and value others more in terms of what we can not do. That is meritocracy, only refined intelligences can endure it - they have their pride in what is smart, they don't care if it is the collective or individual who does it. As long as it benefits most stably and with the greatest plenitude.
      The UN do nothing.

      The most healthy society is one where the greatest diversity of types can act spontaneously, attain its values, and thereby be of value to others so that they can attain theirs. Now, spiritual spontaneity is all but dead. Where it appears it is met with scorn as if it is violence. We can only imagine the ways in which it will try to come back into the game, and anticipate.
      I fear the world will be a disappointing place for years, so best to buckle up and at least try to enjoy the ride. :auto-swerve:

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:28 am
      by MagsJ
      Arcturus Descending wrote:
      MagsJ wrote:
      Arcturus Descending wrote:Many things do have strong possibilities. I do not think that they are limitless nevertheless because there are too many inner and outer influences going on around us.
      There is also Reality despite what we might want to believe.
      Also, we are human. It is nice to believe that we are limitless but at the same time we have our limitations.
      It would also greatly depend on the individual and the circumstances and the subject matter.

      I think that we ourselves have to investigate and gauge just how possible something is for us.
      We all have different gifts and talents.
      But we cannot let go too soon or let go too late to discover our answers.

      So, I would have to err on the side of caution and say No. We do not know everything.
      So you equate 'endless possibilities' with 'knowing everything'? Ok.
      I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from what I wrote. Read it again.
      Had you even read my last line, you would have realized that my answer to your question was a NO.

      I do not need to read anything again.

      My reply was not a criticism, but a verification of your reply..

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm
      by Jakob
      MagsJ wrote:
      Fixed Cross wrote:
      MagsJ wrote:Gib/ED/AD.. does that mean everything can have endless possibilities?

      Its hard enough to see two different possibilities most of the time.

      It is? I think the difficulty arises in settling on only one of many available choices.. seeing all those choices is the easy part.

      Maybe men and women differ here. But maybe it just me.
      Where there is a whole wall of seeming options, I see a monolithic forbidding wall, not a lot of bricks.

      Humans are severely under-exploited, they are capable of far greater feats than we now expect of ... us, - and I mean as a collective.
      The egos of others prohibits this exploitation of those with an amazing skill set.. nothing brings out the demon in others than being outshined.

      Dont I know it. Its the main problem for a wholesome guy with respect to women as well - all the sick dudes will gang up to prevent the match. Same with work. But a knowing, mocking smile is usually enough to disperse that whole wall and send them all crying to their mothers laps.

      The UN isn't the best we can do, as citizens of the world. For one it dates from a pre internet age. We can have a much better and more layered and interwoven and effective, relevant, and even sort of democratic united front of nationalities if we become a bit more ambitious with the internet. As fragile as all these individual bits are in terms of force, all of them together will make the world more stable. We will slowly be able to afford more truth, and value others more in terms of what we can not do. That is meritocracy, only refined intelligences can endure it - they have their pride in what is smart, they don't care if it is the collective or individual who does it. As long as it benefits most stably and with the greatest plenitude.
      The UN do nothing.

      Other than running pedophile networks and creating slave-markets the size of nations, not a whole lot, I agree.

      The most healthy society is one where the greatest diversity of types can act spontaneously, attain its values, and thereby be of value to others so that they can attain theirs. Now, spiritual spontaneity is all but dead. Where it appears it is met with scorn as if it is violence. We can only imagine the ways in which it will try to come back into the game, and anticipate.
      I fear the world will be a disappointing place for years, so best to buckle up and at least try to enjoy the ride. :auto-swerve:

      Sort of. Im actually part of the ride. I make it very difficult for stupid people to enjoy their stupidity. I enjoy this role beyond imagining. It is so lovely to see a stupid person writhe in agony when his stupidity becomes evident to him.

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:36 am
      by MagsJ
      gib wrote:
      MagsJ wrote:...of all the possibilities, in all the world, you had to choose this one - compelled to, or limited to?

      Less limitations means more compelling experiences, but at what cost.
      I'm not sure what you mean Mags? I don't think anyone chooses to be in the reality we find ourselves in. However, I think the anthropic principle might address what I think you mean. It's like asking: out of all the animals on Earth, why did I become human? Because only humans can ask the question.


      MagsJ wrote:I think cities, and especially large cities, are making us reactive rather than enabled. Modern woes make for modern ills.
      Reactive meaning more limited? Not actually making free choices? In that case, we've got to tough it out. Learn to be okay with the consequences we're trying so desperately to avoid.[/quote]
      What if an individual refuses, or simply cannot be, reactive or want to tough it out? I see a few humans as the calm, and the majority as the storm.

      Re: Q&A

      PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 am
      by MagsJ
      Jakob wrote:Maybe men and women differ here. But maybe it just me.
      Where there is a whole wall of seeming options, I see a monolithic forbidding wall, not a lot of bricks.

      A nice analogy to describe the dilemma, but I wouldn't know if this was a male/female issue, just from our observations alone.

      Humans are severely under-exploited, they are capable of far greater feats than we now expect of ... us, - and I mean as a collective.
      The egos of others prohibits this exploitation of those with an amazing skill set.. nothing brings out the demon in others than being outshined.
      Dont I know it. Its the main problem for a wholesome guy with respect to women as well - all the sick dudes will gang up to prevent the match. Same with work. But a knowing, mocking smile is usually enough to disperse that whole wall and send them all crying to their mothers laps.[/quote]
      Females prevent matches too, and who needs the woes of the workplace politics to be played out in front of them every day of the week.

      The UN do nothing.
      Other than running pedophile networks and creating slave-markets the size of nations, not a whole lot, I agree.

      Isn't there currently a call to have the UN disbanded? as they are nothing more than a money pit now..

      I fear the world will be a disappointing place for years, so best to buckle up and at least try to enjoy the ride. :auto-swerve:
      Sort of. Im actually part of the ride. I make it very difficult for stupid people to enjoy their stupidity. I enjoy this role beyond imagining. It is so lovely to see a stupid person writhe in agony when his stupidity becomes evident to him.
      :lol:

      i should have said try to enjoy the ride "in the driving seat". I am not averse to dipping my toe into the ocean that is humanity, but the experience has proved worthless, so back to the dipping pool for one. ;)