what would you think youd derserve to be paid well for

and are you?

Teaching you proper English grammar and spelling.

But I am not.

Only kidding.

Aquila non captat muscas!

That is so cool and something to bear in mind.

I think people should be well paid for making accurate predictions of future events, and I think that when someone does, they can be.

No one deserves to be paid for doing nothing. But that’s the reason I’m well paid. I suppose I could say that I’m well paid for what I’ve done before retiring.

An old man who was either a fool or a genius told me that everyone must do a dollar’s work for a dollar’s pay.

Again, I don’t think money should be paid to those who do not contribute to society. But would that be realistic and practical? Of course not.

www.finviz.com

I got paid pretty good shorting rite aid when I knew the walgreens merger was falling apart. I got paid pretty good for predicting that Trump would make everyone think that the fracking stocks would go up, even though oil is holding steady at a price that makes LNG less competitive. I may make some more money when they get closer to opening the cracking plant in PA. I make some money off Lumber Liquidators when I saw they had positive earnings and were opening new stores while simultaneously being bashed by 60 minutes over some Chinese hardwood flooring that had too much formaldehyde in the curing process, because I figured it wasn’t really too much and that it was just the state of California raising hell about consumer issues and bashing corporations as they tend to do. Hell, in California…everything gives you cancer, but we all know that isn’t true, and the market knew it too. I made some money of Tazer when the kid got shot in Missouri and the body cameras got mandated by 100s of police jurisdictions, since tazer makes the cameras I knew they’d be selling shit tons of them and I saw it almost triple. I made some money when burger kind did a partial merger with tim hortons for tax inversion purposes because good balance sheet or not, wall street always rewards companies that avoid taxes as that it one of the core principles of the wealthy and for better or worse they’ll help a company increase their market cap if they see them acting on those cannibalistic principles. I made some money when glaxo smith kline took a dip over allegations of using sexual favors to gain contracts in Chinese hospitals, because love it or hate it, sexual favors are a good way to get clients to buy products. I could go on and on. I made a shit load of money once when I bought 4 medical marijuana stocks the November before Colorado went legal on the recreational stuff, because I knew that idiots would run up the bids without doing any due diligence because the average retail investor is a moron. Bought a car that way. I bought and help in a drip plan a bunch of lockheed martin when I realized Saudi Aramco was going to go public. Averaged in the 170s, sold just over 300. I’m hoping that they do the IPO and run up prices through opec cuts to get as much as they can in the initial offering so that the LNG will be viable, then I’ll flip shares of CHK until Aramco decides to open up production and gain market share since they can get oil from the ground for cheap enough to send XOM down to 60 a share. I bought UNP when Obama attacked coal plants and slowed down the cargo and sent them to the 60-80 dollar range, sold out just over 100 a share. I could go on and on.

There’s no disparity of opportunity in America. There’s just a bunch of lazy, disinterested assholes out there who could be reading the same news that I read, and doing the same thing I’m doing, but they’d rather read harry potter and half assed garbage then complain about how I need to pay more taxes because it’s not fair that they don’t have enough money.

A high school kid could put 50 a week into blue chips on computershare and drip the dividends, ignore the money and study the markets through college, then come out with enough saved up to quality for pattern day trading, then you can buy and sell the same shares over and over in a single session and if your ass isn’t so fucking intellectually lazy and if you give a fuck about your own future then you can make enough to do whatever you want.

But it’s easier to read lord of the fucking rings and vonnegut and try and pretend like you know philosophy because you quote Nietzsche or to just pray to god that he helps you or to just blame the ones who did the right thing and demand a fucking handout. You’re the one who had the fucking kids at 17 and never held down a job. You’re the one who went to concerts that you couldn’t afford and didn’t put the 50 or 100 a month in the bank. You’re the one who didn’t make sacrifices and take risks, but you sure as fuck think you should be able to reach into the pockets of people who studied their asses off and took risks and had discipline so that you can have something for nothing that comes from someone who put in the work and took the risks to earn it.

Anyone in America who says the game is rigged and they’re forced into poverty is completely full of shit. Until you can do something for someone that earns them 40 bucks an hour, then you’re not worth 20 and hour. And even if you can, and you think 20 an hour is good money, then you’re a fucking moron who’s expectations are so low that I don’t even know what to tell you. Sometimes, I think fuck it man, let these people starve. Oh…you just want a modest life, cheap rent, clean housing, nutritious food, a reliable car and some free time to live your life and just be happy with a moderate existence.

Let me fucking tell you something, if that’s what you want, then you’d better get to working your ass off and getting it yourself. A modest life in a place with cheap rent, and without any luxuries is gonna cost you 4000 a month by the time you pay taxes and insurance.

Who the fuck are these assholes who are like, “well I worked my 40 hours, where’s my good life and all the stuff I need”?

No one owes you that or anything else, and until you realize that leverage is what you need, and intelligence and an understanding of how money gets moved around in the world, then it’s your own damned fault that you don’t have what you need.

Poor people are usually poor because they cling to principles that in the end don’t serve their economic interests, then they want to take from those who did what they needed to have more than they needed.

Total fucking shit show trying to get people to realize that.

Daaamn dude haha. I enjoyed reading that, thank you.

Incidentally, I don’t get paid well for doing anything, and I do like both Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (say what you will, no shame in my game) but I’ve had the sense and fortitude to plan a bit and save a bit, and to not expect someone else to take care of me. All this and I’m a so - called liberal, fucking weird!

I am interested in trading, but I lack confidence in myself that I’d be any good at it. I’d probably just lose all my savings.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH2BBJTDUw[/youtube]

I have started the thread where Mr Reasonable finally goes into challenge with his real weight. Nice. Thats what ILP has to be more like.

I’m just in a bad mood and sick of listening to helpless morons blame everyone but themselves for how they live. If you knew how many people I know who grew up with nothing and earned their way into something then you’d look at these people and want to both laugh at them and slap them in the face.

Tax time for some people is a free check with a negative effective rate, and for others it means writing a check that would be enough to purchase a rental property, pay off a mortgage or fund their kids education. A friend of mine this year paid 280000 in personal income tax. He sleeps 4 hours a day and has 4 sons and owns 7 businesses that he attends to with every ounce of his being. At the end of the year, he has to give away over a quarter million that he earned to people who probably think they’re too good to work for him.

Fuck everyone who is on welfare, except those that really physically require it.
Everyone on welfare should at least kneel on their bare knees and pray thanks to business owners.

I think people that pay a lot of taxes should get honourable mentions in government addresses, and have their name written down and honoured, as great Philanthropists. Thats the way to get the economy sanitized - if you want money, respect those that make it.

High quality work isn’t always recognized and financially rewarded. TSZ barely sold when it first came out.

“O my brothers, I dedicate and direct you to a new nobility: you shall become procreators and cultivators and sowers of the future — verily, not to a nobility that you might buy like shopkeepers and with shopkeepers’ gold: for whatever has its price has little value. Not whence you came shall henceforth constitute your honor, but whither you are going! Your will and your foot which has a will to go over and beyond yourselves — that shall constitute your new honor.”

Fixed Cross wrote:

Outrageous!

and which category do you come under?

N wasn’t on state-welfare though.
Where welfare is abolished, philanthropists need to step in.
So it will be a while before this becomes possible.
First, real men, and real women, have to get the upper hand above slobs, slaves, slackers, hacks, cracks, cucks, sluts, hoes, whores, handlers, hurricanes and heavy-lifting blubberjoggers.

Any thread that elicits a relevant Nietzsche quote is a success.

I will add, to clarify something about capital owners - shopkeepers aren’t powerful enough to be philanthropists. You need Magnates. Why Britain has no philanthropic infrastructure, but the USA used to be nearly completely reliant on it. Many of its great universities are philanthropist gifts.

To get rid of the government as on one side sugar daddy/honeymommy and on the other hand prison taker and all-owner, we simply need an aristocratic economic infrastructure. The idea that wealth is good needs to be brought back.

Feoh
“Cattle”
Wealth

[i]The cattle come slowly though the mud from the north. The bulls horns are adorned with iron. The cows, a trail longer than the eye can see in the january mist, will provide wealth, meat and milk. Newly woven baskets with fine flowers on long stems in them are carried by girls standing along the path. The tower of brick and natural stone is visible above the welcoming.

A beginning of a prosperous phase. The winter as a time of reward; a time given to the rich, the happy. Endless festivities, music, stories told in great halls to many happy feasters. Outside the forests are unthreatening, well guarded by archers in thick yet silent leather in which they move well and swiftly, trained by long standing tradition. Villains are shown some mercy.[/i]

Now, note that wealth is still simply a means. I do in no way mean to say that the capital owners himself is to be the meaning of the Earth. He/she will merely facilitate philosophy, as it is coming above the ground, creeping out of the Hades, by my work and that of all of you, in as much as you are courageous.

None of these at the moment.

I don’t receive welfare, never have by the way, live quite frugally now and I don’t pay a lot of taxes at the moment. I still pay taxes though so I am on the bestowing side - Ive definitely paid for some family’s survival. I think this should be honoured.

But I mean it. I think welfare recipients need to honour the people that pay them. And I think the people that pay for other peoples welfare and for our roads and stuff like that, have to be honoured.

I dont see how this is any more radical than saying thank-you when someone gives you a present.
Though I know kids raised by hippies were sometimes trained to take everything for granted. Miserable wretches…

What about reserving the right to vote in presidential elections for people not on welfare?
That would be amazing grace.

50% of the wealth in the world is owned by 6 men, and that’s even excluding the Rothchilds who can pay to keep their names off of Forbes.

And: you are all fucking idiots

The central bank is a Ponzi scheme that uses wall street as a shill …

To say fuck you, is too kind.

I love the central bank.