How much of modernity (the last 20 years) is precious?

What is of highest value in regards to being alive as a modern? Opinions welcome.

What is of lowest value?

Health (highest). Pollution (lowest).

(High) Medical breakthroughs: genome mapping, robotic micro surgery, artificial organs

(Low) GMO seeds ??? Chem-trails ??? Big Government corruption ??? Religion/absolute faith in anything ??? Ideals ???

I like the medical breakthroughs too.

The medical breakthroughs are for the human animal’s body, but what of the conscious soul housed in the animal body? Where are the leaps in evolutionary progress and cooperation concerning civilization?

How about the sanctioned immorality of New Age living?

What is new age immorality exactly and by whom is it sanctioned?

Accepting the imposition of reality that impacts upon ones own life

Allowing it to impose itself upon one rather than the other way round

Becoming as detached as possible in order to accommodate this process

You are making me sad. Stop.

I should mention that it only applies to me. I am not suggesting everyone
else thinks the same too. Because what others think is a matter for them

Your modus operandi still saddens me, but if you are satisfied without what makes life worth living then you are satisfied…end of story.

I never said life was not worth living but I find being detached gives me peace of mind
Now of course this is not for everyone like I said but all that matters is it works for me

I guess it’s similar to choosing to cut off your legs, or to choose to be blind and deaf…if it works for you and your piece of mind, its your choice which still saddens me. I can’t force you to listen to music or see colors and light, to run through fields of flowers laughing. If bread and water are what you’re choosing for sustenance then who am I to wish a feast for you, right?

It is not really a choice more of an adaptation but from what you have
said there I can see you have got the completely wrong idea about me

Are we forgetting laws allowing homosexuality, marijuana etc?

Wendy
wrote:

Which brings me to question “what makes life worth living?” which assumes “that life is or can be worth living.” I would rather ask “Is life worth living?” and if it is, what sorts of things make it so, according to each person? I have always thought that asking this question is a total waste of time, as life might be better for the person who does not question this. Dwelling on this may easily lead to despair, if one determines that life is worthless, which then leads to another question “do we live our lives?” and on reflection happiness does not necessarily guarantee that a life is worthwhile, as happiness is not sufficient for meaning. Even if you disagree and state happiness is a necessary component of a worthwhile existence, identity and self expression are far more decisive or critical. Of course the obvious retort would be a meaningful life would come from relationships with others, or from things we can relate to in this life. I get pleasure from many things that may be considered unimportant and even mundane to others. Does this mean we thrive mainly on self expression? I for one think so.

GMOs do more to solve the problem of world hunger than anything else. Why you against them?

One gives meaning to ones own life if one can or wants to. Not everyone necessarily can but if you can then the meaning you give to it is not for others to decide
upon because it is true only for you and no one else. So since meaning is personal to one then what others think is entirely irrelevant even if they agree with you

Homosexuality is problematic, but it has been a part of societies throughout time. There is no way to wipe it out genetically especially if it is in part exacerbated by genes and chosen as a way of life as well. I really don’t believe that homosexuality is an exclusive sexual requirement for I know for a fact that some fairly flaming men do find a few woman attractive enough to sex up, but I’m not so sure that the gay men who find themselves all of the sudden infatuated with a woman can handle that truth. These gay men flip the fuck out when a woman’s presence gives them a stiffy and they retreat back into the ultra gay male world to escape this new jolting reality. Since I’m no psychiatrist, I can’t tell you why they run back to Gayville.

Monsanto…now bought by Bayer

Another reason, ramping up hormones in dairy cows for larger milk productions…not good for humans over the long term.

I’m a big fan of the banking system, and I think taxes suck.

In America, if you start young, buy and hold, and can manage to scrape up 50 bucks a week or so to put into your retirement, and you pay attention to it and diversify and all that, then you can retire with money even if your contribution to society is actually worthless. Because this is the land of the free. People who refuse to help themselves in that simple way cause people who do to have to pay more taxes, making it harder for people who care about themselves and their futures to end up with what they need.