my problem with the golden rule

it doesn’t get me laid

I learned it. understood it. followed it. subscribed to it.

Learned it innocently. “treat others as you want to be treated”.

It did not work.

where does it end? assume a desire of sex. How is my equal treatment going to get me laid? (i’d switch this question sexually from a female perspective, if I could).

I’d like to believe that people are better off with the golden rule than without it. This comes from a thought that most people are ignorant (the intelligent ILP audience knows better… …? yeah probably not).

Rather than learning this rule… towards the intelligent, I suggest learning an alternative sexually helpful rule. this one does not work.

I pray to God to give me back my 20s (and prior, frankly). A decade where sexuality is assumed, encouraged. A decade where, I for one, did not get nearly as much sex as I should have (in comparison to say, my parents, who had a better measure of their fair share in both their teens and 20’s, prior to their marriage/my birth).

What was I given? ( It would be disrespectful to not mention)…

-Fear
-As seen on TV
-Less than ideal physical stature
-Good reasoning
-A vicarious understanding of intention, and a poor desire for patience

I think everyone wants this (the golden rule) as far as survival is concerned. Get sex in the mixture - IT SEEMINGLY DOES NOT APPLY. I MEAN AT ALL. NOT AT ALL.

I question where the words (“golden rule”) came from (not in the bible - e.g. matthew 7:12). Who wanted to associate this with ‘gold’ … e.g. money?

Money doesn’t help. Its a lie as far as genuinity is concerned

I have heard that rules are meant to be broken

I’d say this one, necessarily, is broken by hypocrisy. all the time. yes. all the time.

It’s well intentioned

But broken

help