Can laziness be genetic?

I don’t see why not.

Why are some people fat?
In some cases it might be because they like (some) food(s) more than the gen pop, and/or have a more powerful desire for (some) food(s) than the gen pop, and/or have a more powerful aversion to (some forms of) discipline than most people, and/or dislike (some forms of) discipline more than most people, and all this could be attributed to genetics.
They also may be less afraid of many of the illnesses associated with being obese than most others, and/or less motivated by all the health benefits associated with being fit/slim than most others, and all this too, could be attributed to genetics.

The same could be said of lazy people.

You become “lazy” when you become crushed by stress.

Lazy people may be less tantalized by many of the monetary, social and material benefits of hard work, and likewise, they may be more repulsed by many of the drawbacks, such as more stress, responsibility, physical and mental exertion, loss of freedom and so on, than the average bloke, and these personality traits could just as easily be attributed to genetics as to psychology, nurture and environment… thou we can’t be sure, unless some genes have been identified by geneticists, or twin studies and similar sorts of studies. Likely thou, it’s a combination of factors with many lazy people, genetics being a primary one.

Genetics play a part. If you have evolved to live one way and then you’re placed in an environment that forces you to live in a completely different way, then you sure as hell are going to be “lazy”.

Parents say you’re “lazy” when you don’t do what they want you to do. It generally means tired, exhausted, lethargic, stressed.

It’s certainly not a choice.

There’s definitely some truth to this, and you seem to be drawing from your own experience.
If you push yourself way, far beyond your limits, you’ll crash, and then you won’t be able to do anything, for a while.
People actually will be a lot more productive at work, when they work, when they’re rewarded, not just monetarily, or with a pat on the back, but with a good amount time off, holiday, vacation.

There’s a difference between disliking work, and fearing it.
For some, they may develop an aversion to work due to some workplace trauma, where as for others, it might be due to just having shitty jobs in the past, or not knowing what to do with themselves, not finding work they’re ‘passionate’ about, or they can make a lot of money at.

But for others I think they’re just born more laid back than than most, and you’d have to put a gun to their head to get them to be otherwise, if that.
It’s a temperament, like phlegmatic, as opposed to say choleric.
A temperament can be genetically instilled, or it could be instilled by the diet/lifestyle of the mother giving birth to you, or it could be instilled by your own diet/lifestyle, or the experiences you’ve had, and how you’ve interpreted them, your choices, values.
If you think society is basically rigged in the elites favor, or some other class not your own, that doesn’t help either.
So I think it’s multifaceted, genetics plays a role but so do a lot of other things, it depends on the person.

I don’t think there’s necessarily or inherently anything wrong with this temperament, so long as it doesn’t get taken to extremes, because then the consequences can be extreme, or so long as the person is content with it.
But society has different values and tries to push us in the other direction, to be more gung-ho.
There’s voices all around us, all the time, telling us to achieve, acquire.
Myself I think these voices do more harm than good, and I think we ought let people be themselves more, and recognize there’s all sorts of temperaments contrary to the norm, and that the norm itself is kind of artificial, and has to be kept up by drugs like caffeine, or sugar.
I believe the norm itself might be a sort of mental sickness we’re all spreading around, but then the other extreme might also be sick.

There needs to be more balance.

Yea and they may also be fine, contented, at ease.
When people are fine, alright, when they feel they don’t need or really want anything or much more than they already have, why would they do very much, and stress themselves?
For some, it might take a lot more negative stimulus, like you lack this, this and that, to get them going.
Nothing may get them going so long as they have the basics.

If a person is fine with the basics, and feels they require little else, why is that such a problem?
It may be a problem cause others feel they themselves have this tremendous lack inside, that no matter how much they have, they always want a hell of a lot more, and they feel that if everyone else feels like them, they’re more likely to get what they think they want.
They may be extremely put off, bothered by other peoples complaisance as they see it, or contentment.
They may even envy it, they say why can’t I be like that?
If I can’t be like that I’m sure as hell not going to let them be.

No need to push yourself. If your environment is such that it makes you emotionally react in a very awkward, unusual, way, such that your reactions end up cancelling each other out due to density, then you’re gonna be exhausted pretty quickly.