Contentment & Complacency

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Re: Contentment & Complacency

Postby Gloominary » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:22 am

Hundreds of millions of people don't have a pot to piss in, their ceiling is the stars, and their floor a dirt road, and they still get by.
That's how much of the world lives.
Hundreds of millions more live in McMansions and drive SUVs and sports cars, so yea, I'm right, smack in the middle between those two large classes of folk, I'm middle class.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Aristotle

If you're not sinning against the scientific, religious and political status quo, than you're not really thinking.
Gloominary

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:44 am

Gloominary wrote:Oh and I know that's just an expression, but I don't drink coffee, coffee is a real scourge, keeps the hamsters spinning on the wheels toiling.
We need to slow down, stop and smell the roses.

Really ... when I walk outside to smell the roses ... I smell shit ... or it's equivalent. :lol:

About coffee ... shame shame ... coffee stimulates the brain ... we need something to get billions of brains functioning properly ... no?

Gloominary ... you should consider changing your user name to Dreaminary ... your entire attitude towards life may change ... it will be like putting on rose coloured glasses.

As the song goes ... que sera ... sera. Whatever will be ... will be.

The best we can do is attempt to see it coming. :D
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:29 pm

pilgrim_tom wrote:
Gloominary wrote:Oh and I know that's just an expression, but I don't drink coffee, coffee is a real scourge, keeps the hamsters spinning on the wheels toiling.
We need to slow down, stop and smell the roses.

Really ... when I walk outside to smell the roses ... I smell shit ... or it's equivalent. :lol:

About coffee ... shame shame ... coffee stimulates the brain ... we need something to get billions of brains functioning properly ... no?

Gloominary ... you should consider changing your user name to Dreaminary ... your entire attitude towards life may change ... it will be like putting on rose coloured glasses.

As the song goes ... que sera ... sera. Whatever will be ... will be.

The best we can do is attempt to see it coming. :D

Yea sometimes life stinks... we should savor the sweet parts thou.

No coffee is a parasitic, poisonous bean which's tricked the human race into growing more of itself to become the number two commodity in the world, right behind oil, and when you think about it, the two are very similar, oil, gasoline and coffee have gotten everyone in such a big hurry.
We need to cut back on or get rid of them altogether, I don't know why everyone is in such a rush to destroy as many species as possible, but that's what economic growth is ultimately, for the most part it is, the obliteration and/or subjugation of nature.
I would sooner ban coffee than alcohol, or at least regulate it, it's very dangerous, it can cause severe anxiety, road rage or just rage in general, and it can impair ones driving and all sorts of things in sensitive individuals or when taken in medium-large doses.
It's a serious drug, it can make you sick, or kill you.

I'm not dreaming, it's the people who're trying to make it rich who're dreaming, especially in this piss poor economy, I've accepted myself and my life for what it is, and am making do.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Aristotle

If you're not sinning against the scientific, religious and political status quo, than you're not really thinking.
Gloominary

Postby Gloominary » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:35 pm

The human mind is overstimulated, the quality of thinking needs to increase, but the quantity needs to decrease.
Coffee speeds things up but at the cost of accuracy, and necessity.
Coffee generates angst, it makes you think like there's always a problem to solve.

People think about a lot of stuff that doesn't need to be thought about, that's what science is.
Science will ignite the atmosphere just to see what happens.
Its curiosity is insatiable, it doesn't ask, do we really need to know this, to what benefit, at what cost?
It just consumes more and more info, it has grown so obese and cluttered with data that hardly any new data can penetrate it, new data just gets construed to support old ideas.

Science is a part of the of the sickness of society, this sickness can be summed up in a couple of words - avarice, and overconsumption.

Aristotle

Gloominary

Previous

Return to The Sandbox