Marilyn Manroe and SKOLD

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Marilyn Manroe and SKOLD

Postby gib » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 am

Please everyone, have a listen to this song. It's called "Better the Devil" by Tim Skold (or SKOLD to his fans). In the beginning, there's an audio recording of a woman in an interview who says "Uh... do I seem happy in life?... uh... uuuh, let's see..." Then half way through the song, the same woman says: "...even if I feel like it or not, I'll try to make the effort to make contact with people around me..."

Turns out that woman was Marylin Manroe. Here's the interview:

Essentially, Manroe tells the interviewer that she isn't happy in life, that she's at her happiest when she's able to fulfill a scene, and that perhaps she gets enjoyment out of the pursuit of happiness. And that if she's generally anything, she's generally miserable.

In 1962, Marylin Manroe died from a barbiturate overdose at the age of 36.

Tim Skold used to be the bass player in Marylin Manson. <-- Guess where Marylin Manson got half his name from.

What are we to make out of all this?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Re: Marilyn Manroe and SKOLD

Postby gib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Wow! Isn't this an exciting thread!
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

“Everyone is always like ‘how do you feel about feminism? how do you feel about feminism?’ and it’s like maybe I don’t wanna fucking talk about feminism, maybe I just wanna be a female producer, because it’s like even being a female producer is so rare it drives people fucking crazy. It’s like my sheer existence is like a political act, I think, to a lot of people. It’s not to me.”

- Claire Boucher
gib
little shitheaded Buddha

Return to The Sandbox