If you exist, then you have done well

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Postby Amorphos » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Like anyone, I get intuitions I know are from an internal source and sometimes others from where I don’t know and I believe cannot know, which is how I’d want it to be. So I thought I’d just pop this up here for considerations.

With the world being what it is, with all the issues it has, don’t you think we and the ancestors have done well to even survive, let alone have all that we do have [well many of us anyhow].

Ewe that was horribly positive, ok I am over it now. :mrgreen:
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Re: If you exist, then you have done well

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:08 am

Yes. :wink: With more restraint in terms of progress and more generosity in terms of cooperation, all could enjoy the material fruits of our labors. The overall physical welfare of the global peoples would rise greatly. What do you suggest, as a druid, to raise the overall spirituality of the global peoples so trust in our fellow Mankind could be re-born?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Amorphos » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:22 am

What do you suggest, as a druid, to raise the overall spirituality of the global peoples so trust in our fellow Mankind could be re-born?

Never trust a friend, don't trust any fucker :P

Druids were warlike and understand the world for what it is, and my Danish genes [mostly] also view such ideals with suspicion. I feel better now. :)

As a technophant I’d say, don’t worry sisters and brothers, within three years yo will get your lives and jobs upscaled and pimped into the future.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Amorphos wrote:If you exist, then you have done well

Like anyone, I get intuitions I know are from an internal source and sometimes others from where I don’t know and I believe cannot know, which is how I’d want it to be. So I thought I’d just pop this up here for considerations.

With the world being what it is, with all the issues it has, don’t you think we and the ancestors have done well to even survive, let alone have all that we do have [well many of us anyhow].

Ewe that was horribly positive, ok I am over it now. :mrgreen:

Nothing wrong with the positive. It's a good lens with which to peer through. There are other lenses too which are equally valid, lending their perception to subjective AND objective reality.
But I do agree with your above statement, Amorphos.
We are all a process. We flow and we ebb. Who knows how it will all end.
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Magnus Anderson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:45 pm

So people who do not exist didn't do well?
How elitist . . .
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Return to The Sandbox