Christians are insane

Every Christian I’ve ever heard, says like a zombie in a trance “Jesus died for our sins”

Now, come on people!!

How do you die for a sin??!?!?!!

Imagine me walking around to people on the street and saying “you sinned, beat the shit out of me and you will have atoned and will go to heaven”!?!?!?!

They are so entranced they don’t even realize that their words make absolutely no sense!?!?!!!

Even if absolutely nothing else regarding the Bible was true, that one statement still would be. The fact that you can’t comprehend how and why is irrelevant to the truth of it (like most other things).

Religion doesn’t have to make sense.

That’s why “religion” can also be called a, “faith”. Faith is belief without evidence.

I wouldn’t call Christians insane … more like gullible.

But again, I cannot stress this enough - the value of a religion is not based on its beliefs but how people react to those beliefs. If Jesus dying for your sins makes you a better person, who am I to say that you shouldn’t believe that? But if it doesn’t, if it has no or negative effect on you, then don’t be a Christian.

Who are we say what is best for most people?

It’s true!!!? That you can die for a sin ?!?!?

Please, do tell !!

I would say clinically insane.

Saying someone died for their sins is like saying “green adverbs swim”

They are clinically insane.

Did you expect an argument?

No, I expected a fundamentalist Christian to get this moved from religion though!!

chuckles

Let’s see if you can catch the first clue…

If you get caught stealing something and then Carleas here gives you a formal pardon, do you expect the police to set you free?

Now if the US President gave you a pardon for that same crime, surely you know that the police would not be able to imprison you.

So the first thing to realize concerning your argument is that WHO is doing the forgiving of the sin is very relevant. Of course, you would then want to claim that Jesus is no different than you, me, or anyone else. But I don’t hear many churches repeating your name or mine, professing our philosophies of life.

The greater issue, that you probably can’t (or won’t) understand is that society causes a great deal of your torture and thus when a significant person says, “FORGIVE THAT MAN”, society is in a position to actually keep that man from their normal scorn -IF that society respects that particular significant person.

And that is actually how it works. Jesus got into a position of respect sufficiently to be able to tell the crowd, “DON’T STONE THAT WOMAN”, and they didn’t.

Then even further down the road of your lack of understanding is what Jesus dying had to do with it all. And the answer to that one is simply that by allowing such a betrayal to the death of himself by those who judge others so lustfully, he sealed the respect, admiration, confidence, and loyalty of those who would follow his “forgive them” philosophy. Thus by his willingness to even die for his philosophy, he caused the “sins” (the misjudgements) of others to be forgiven by the society at large. And society at large is a significant part of who God is (God being The Situation, Reality, and Your situation).

And that is a quick overview of how it all works and why that particular statement was and is true regardless of anything else you might believe.

Ahh… James has a few chinks in his armor.

You do realize… Jesus could have lived a natural death (sin) and come back to atone for the sin of natural death???

What’s funny James, is that you still believe in kings and lords (idolatry). (You do realize Jesus’s baptism was idolatrous blasphemy don’t you??)

You are a sycophant to the core James …

You know what?

I’ll make it easy on you… Judge me in the seat of judgment …

I already know you’re a hypocrite asshole…

Handle that chair for a day … I’m
Smiling already

Your strawman efforts are seriously irrelevant to me, son.

Straw man ??? Can you even convene court with the cosmos ?!?!?!

I’m protecting you, not the other way around.

You can’t handle the logic.

If Jesus died for our sins… Then every good Christian should be walking up with guns and doing police suicides

That’s what Jesus did…

He walked up with the gun of eternal damnation and did a police suicide

You should have more respect for Christianity, Ec. It’s the reason people like you are helped in our society instead of exterminated.

Sometimes you just have to “forgive them, fore they know not what they do”.

{{ar … ar}} :laughing:

… Or is it really that “…they know not what I do.” Hmm… :confused:

Uccisore,

The most peaceful societies on earth aren’t Christian (by a long shot) they are animist societies.

Do you pride yourself on facts?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism

The oldest proto religion on earth is the most peaceful … Not Christianity!!! Not even paganism !!

Creating the whole universe to beat you up, and then forgiving it, is the definition of supreme asshole…

That’s my reply to James’ infantile sycophantic apologetic post.

EC,

=; The whole universe is not beating you up, stop exaggerating. Read more of pilgrim_tom’s posts, he has a nice way of cheer leading for his fellow Man.

What I meant is that he created the whole universe to get beat up and so he could forgive beating people up.

God doesn’t exist Wendy …

There is no kind way to say otherwise.

The cosmos does have patterns and laws though.

Once you start to care about no harm, you eventually figure out that to be superior is to harm…

These god assholes still worship superiority - it’s argument from authority right down the line - fascist assholes - that’s why they adore Trump as the messiah - it gets them money and women

Same way you hell people, etc. etc. etc.

You crying wolf? Do me a favour, geeza!