Your ideal laws?

Your ideal laws?

I’ll start…
1.anyone who says ‘it means so much’, it doesn’t. or ‘going forwards…’ you’re not progressives you’re conservatives going backwards, so stop stealing our shit. I propose long prisons sentences for all involved, ideally on mars or something.

But seriously folks, if you could add one single law what would it be?

Not an addition … yet … perhaps a necessary reminder … the unwritten law that has survived the ages … “The Golden Rule”

Laws of nature.

Lawless vigilism.

Sick of feminized and indoctrinated wusses and pansies enforcing their fascist bullshit morality on me.

the Golden Rule. In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do. to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Doesn’t work e.g. when a fetishist doesn’t mind being raped, or thieves steal off each other accepting each others actions as thieves.

I don’t want to be eaten though, nor live in a world where everyone is going around shooting at and eating each other.

Should laws be more particular? Perhaps specific to the case as well as universal.

I just now realized how ubiquitous the notion of “Golden Rule” really is … apparently with written reference long before the Biblical reference you quoted.

I agree that all written forms of the Golden Rule are obscure … with hidden implicit assumptions … as you rightly pointed out … the assumption one would never consciously do anything to harm oneself … a fallacy?

I just discovered a version of the Golden Rule that resonates with me …

[b]

[/b]

Native American Spirituality: Black Elk

Holy cow muffins!!

Just read this post written by Peter K in July 2015 … he must be related to Black Elk. :slight_smile:

More cow muffins …

I wonder if Peter K remembers his “atoms” stopping over in China more than 2,000 years ago … using the name Zhunag Zi. :slight_smile:

Peter’s attitude toward government seems to dovetail with Zhuang Zi’s attitude towards same. Zhuang zi vigorously opposed formal government, which Zhuang zi seems to have felt was problematic at its foundation because of the opposition between man and nature.

[b]

[/b]

PK loves government. Government will save us all. Hallelujah.

[i]* “No relative degree of burden or blessing should be placed upon any individual that isn’t also placed upon his government.”

• “No reach of authority should ever exceed its reach of awareness.”
    [/i]

( aka. “Do unto others…”)

My ideal laws:

1. Deinstitutionalized education and literacy.
  2. Learning at least 3 languages before the age of 21.
  3. Birth control options for people of any age, ethnicity, and gender.

Ah that’s better, given that ‘most of us’ would not want to harm our relatives, if we consider everyone to be brothers in one family, there would be no reason to sin. There is an inherent trust there I think.

The education itself needs to be more flexible, but private schools have hierarchies and respective costs, meaning that the already privaledged become entitled to a privalidged life by birth and not merit. This is relatively inefficient and shall be defeated by those who use a an unbiased schemata.

No, everyone should just learn english, its obviously the one most people use already as a second language.

Well if people must get involved with all that organic stuff. Otherwise just build and grow as many people as are required. yes btw. :slight_smile:

QVOD TIBI HOC ALTERI

„Was du nicht willst, das man dir tu, // das füg auch keinem andern zu.“
That means something like (but without rhyme :cry: ): „Do as you would be done by.“

„Handle so, daß du die Menschheit sowohl in deiner Person als in der Person eines jeden andern jederzeit zugleich als Zweck, niemals bloß als Mittel brauchst!“ - Immanuel Kant.
My translation: “Act so that you always treat humanity both in your own person and in everyone else’s person as an end, never as a mere means”
„Handle stets so, als ob die Maxime deines Handelns durch deinen Willen jederzeit zur Grundlage einer allgemeinen Gesetzgebung dienen könnte.“ - Immanuel Kant.
My translation: “Act always as if the maxims of your action could, through your will, serve at any time as the basis of a general law.”

Agreed.

To 1.) The realization could be too difficult in the case of a huge number of certain people.
To 2.) How many and, if at least 3, which languages did you fluently speak before you were 21 years old?
To 3.) Only if it is in fact a fair deal.

Agreed only in the case of an interlanguage (“lingua franca”) - not in the case of a highly intellctual/spiritual language, a language of science and philosophy. :slight_smile:

So Venture could be right, if there were no other problems in the case of “learning at least 3 languages before the age of 21”. What about 7 languages (and 3 of them must be “dead” languages)? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 is the most difficult out of the 3 proposed, almost an impossible ideal. I am not yet 21 and I speak English and French (cannot read French easily, still a beginner). I am in the process of learning Latin, Greek, German, and Mandarin. I can make a change to law 2, being that 1 of the 3 should be a dead language.

That assertion implies a minimum of 2 languages. Add Latin or Ancient Greek as a third and now Arminius and yourself can sleep at night knowing I compensated.

Ah, thank you, but: compensated what exactly?

By the way: I fullfilled your second “ideal law” (“learning at least 3 languages before the age of 21”) even before I was 11 years old!

May I ask you how old you are exactly?

And one more question please: Would you please say more about you third “ideal law”?

I compensated by requiring one ancient language and one should be English, or whatever the normative international language is of the time. The third law requires the public distribution of COCP and condoms/contraceptive barrier devices for STI protection (the first promotes menstrual health, the latter prevents STIs and pregnancy). The first and third ideal law mainly concern the general health of the female population and the advancement of family life. Most countries in desperate situations are absent of these notions. I am 18.

Thank you, Venture.

I have a visual intellect and can think of nothing more horrible lol. For those who wish it, it should be there for them to learn though not mandatory.

Why stop there, why not invent and teach a new calligraphic language, and practice its art by drawing it on squares of sand [like Chinese calligraphers do]? the future I think will require many more universal symbols e.g. on our control panels and what have you.

Revision:
2. Learn 3 languages before the age of 21
i) The international language of that time
ii) A Dead Language
iii) The symbols and operators of computational, philosophical, or mathematical logic

or a gadget which does those things, akin to the star trek translator. hmm perhaps language is an art-form and that’s its value? ergo the law should be to do art, where in fact all humans require is to not have anything stopping them from doing that.