Exertion: Discovering Self

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Exertion: Discovering Self

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 pm

There are different types of exertion we express to discover the boundaries of who we are. Boundaries can be our likes/dislikes, fears, conscience, pain/pleasure, etc.

Exercising muscles would be a physical exertion while exercising intuition would be a mental exertion.

Are there other types of exertion that help us to define who we are as we express ourselves here? What are some examples of the boundaries of physical exertion? Examples of the boundaries of mental exertion? Is there a such thing as spiritual exertion?

As physical and mental beings we must exert ourselves, beyond our basic requirements for sustenance, why?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Exertion: Discovering Self

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Because once the challenge is gone from life, we continue to make rules that make things challenging; our own personal rules, or perhaps we see a rule created by another and think it interesting. The hardest part is when, through following all these rules contrived that were never there, things become too challenging, bypassing them to go back to facing the actual challenge of survival and enjoying life.
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:45 am

Are you referring to head games or busy work?

What is survival? What is enjoying life?

How do you discover your true identity, the boundaries that make you crystal clear to yourself? With our identities, our every waking moment dependent on a virtual reality, what are we exerting, why, and what's the gain from the effort?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:06 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Are you referring to head games or busy work?

How do you discover your true identity, the boundaries that make you crystal clear to yourself? With our identities, our every waking moment dependent on a virtual reality, what are we exerting, why, and what's the gain from the effort?

Let me ask you this, to answer a question with a question: what are you really searching for if you can't trust the music and art of your own heart?
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:06 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Are you referring to head games or busy work?

Watch inside out.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:29 am

The movie?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Wendy, what you do is think about death constantly, specifically your own. This will add enlightened thought to the mind, you can truly ponder on your true self then.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:33 pm

WendyDarling wrote:The movie?

Yes.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Pandora » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:16 am

WendyDarling wrote:There are different types of exertion we express to discover the boundaries of who we are. Boundaries can be our likes/dislikes, fears, conscience, pain/pleasure, etc.

Exercising muscles would be a physical exertion while exercising intuition would be a mental exertion.

Are there other types of exertion that help us to define who we are as we express ourselves here? What are some examples of the boundaries of physical exertion? Examples of the boundaries of mental exertion? Is there a such thing as spiritual exertion?

As physical and mental beings we must exert ourselves, beyond our basic requirements for sustenance, why?

Why do you ask?
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:52 am

I enjoy miracles.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Return to The Sandbox