The Age of Aquarius

Has this new age started? Is it the age of evil? Some say the age of pisces was Jesus’ age, but that is over, Christianity is over, God is dead. What say you?

You know my feelings about this question “Fire Rooster” :smiley:

A quick look see … via Google … suggests there remains substantial controversy … despite the lyrics of the song “Age of Aquarius” being crystal clear on this question. :slight_smile:

I’ll let you know when the age is over. :smiley:

At the moment this question seems analogous to the question I posed to Phyllo in another OP yesterday … “Is the current state of humanity auspicious or threatening?”

Some say the birth of Jesus marked the beginning of the 6th day … implying the 7th day … the day of rest … would begin at the end of the 6th day.

WD … is an ‘age’ ever really over? I see an ‘age’ more as a permanent “stepping stone” … with each ‘stepping stone’ bringing humanity one step closer to a “face to face” encounter with God … Teillard’s Omega Point theory. In this way the current generation … at any given time … is not required to reinvent what was learned from past ‘stepping stones’.

In a way … He always has been … He has never been “seen” by anyone … you described the “seeing” of God eloquently in a recent post …

tom asked

Both tom. O:)

WD … if you are right … and I hope you are … the philosophical notion of “Unity of Opposites” may be on the horizon … perhaps even short term horizon. :slight_smile:

Unity of opposites like the infinity sign or a mobius strip?

Btw, bad year for a real Fire Rooster. That’s what the Chinese say.

If my comments above are correct … your comment makes sense. A herald of such change will not be very popular. :slight_smile:

I don’t think this will be controversial but I think the core of this new age centers on the effect and development of computers, automation, AI and our co-evolution or merging with this technology.

My concern is not so much the pace of technological advancement as it is a lack of development in other capacities, a lack of “care” and attunement.

To my mind, evil is that which seduces man down a path that can only lead to profound misery.
I’d be interested in what other people might consider evil.

I don’t think this is the age of evil in the sense that evil is any more present in us than before. Evil could be said to be ever lurking in our nature. The difference is that our technological means can be used to quantifiably more catastrophic ends. Such is the nature of great power, I suppose.

i think we want to have a hard set definition of the beginning of an age

i think astrological ages occur in a time period that is much longer than humans perceive well

another question is “how much more are we in the age of aquarius than the previous age?” i think they go backwards for the ages as opposed to monthly signs, but i forget

i don’t know

Biology is far superior to technology. Why would a superior being want to merge with an inferior being? This question has stopped me in my tracks. Help folks?

Does this not beg purpose?

You can play the repetitive parts and I’ll improvise, or vice versa.

My superiority informs the inferior being, and vice versa

Do not forget the limitations of the physical realm. we become

Where’s the purpose? Am I missing something? If we are evolving all the time and we are able to reproduce humans who are our betters, then why the tech? Folks have children to better themselves, right?

To me this is like saying: a human being is far superior to a clock. Why would anyone want to strap a watch to her wrist?

Out of laziness we do strap on the watch, right?

I agree

I promise not to keep time if you promise to go to work on time for me :slight_smile:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJC4R1uXDaE[/youtube]
They Live Movie (1988)

Just watched this cult flick again and oh the irony is precious.

I think the watch presents new possibilities that didn’t exist before. But even if that case couldn’t be made for a watch, it can surely be made for any number of other tools and technologies. So it isn’t just laziness, but the desire to extend our capability and competency in new ways.

And laziness, too, can be a virtue. To conserve energy we look for more efficient ways to do things. Efficiency for efficiency’s sake can be a soulless game, but efficiency for a purpose is just smart.

Speak of this purpose.

Tomorrow (later).

If a machine does your thinking, how has your competency increased? If you don’t use it, you lose it? Is this true? What aspects of society aren’t manufactured garbage?