Will & Love

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Will & Love

Postby waechter418 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Will is the force of creation and Love the force that relates (unites) the manifested.

Will & Love are complementary and can be considered the strong force of Consciousness.

The strong force expresses as harmony, beauty & joy – the lack of it, as discontinuity, sadness and filth.

There is lots of talk about free will – usually motivated by the hope to get wishes fulfilled – but where there is Will there is neither wish nor hope.

Will cannot be willed, as there are no two Wills
Will has no cause, nor can it be deduced from effects – Will is cause and effect.

Where Will is divided, weaknesses arise.

Will is absolute – unless subjected to moral & purpose, or otherwise fixed in time/space.

Seeking the origins of Will and the construction plans of creation is seeking to avoid self-responsibility.

Every man/woman is to exercise his/her Will.

Everyone is (or should be) his own creator and has thus infinite self-design possibilities – each of them having, when motivated by the Will & Love to realize oneself, the potential to bring about a self-image wherein all creations complement each other.
waechter418

Re: Will & Love

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:54 am

waechter418 wrote:Where Will is divided, weaknesses arise.

Interesting post ... I particularly like ... [b]"Where Will is divided, weaknesses arise."[/b]

Seems to reinforce my feeling that the lives of people who sit on the fence are most difficult.

The OT prophet Elijah expressed it like this ... paraphrasing ... how long will you people limp along with two opinions?
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Postby waechter418 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:43 pm

P.S.

The strong force of ConsciousNess (i.e. Will & Love) expresses in the lust of existence and in the joy of its performance.
waechter418

Postby Ierrellus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:46 pm

James (NT) begins his letter by noting that a double minded person will be unstable in all his ways. (James 1:8,KJV)
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Return to The Sandbox