Do me a favor

Please do me a favor, because I am lazy

I think causality is not true. Or rather, I believe causality is something that God can choose to enable or take away.

Vaguely remembering seeing causality related threads here, anyone want to link me to some of the good ones? Would like to read up on past ideas of arguments over causality - pretty sure I am not the only one to think like this

Not that I think it’s a wise idea to support your laziness, [-X,
… but:
###
###
###

Interestingly (and in case you were not already aware), Commonwealth law stipulates the concept of proximate cause. It’s basically an attempt to bring reason, or the reasonable man standard, to the way we see causation in law. For example, the woman mixed up a broth, but did she then splash it upon the aggrieved man’s face or pour it on his garden? :slight_smile:

Can you give a real world example where causality is violated [ less you can your argument cannot be supported ]

This references physics so it is therefore not necessary to invoke God

Cause and effect - if you choose NOT to rise above your laziness and seek out and explore those threads yourself that you appear to be interested in (cause), you will not gain more knowledge of them(effect).

Like the supposed God, we can also choose to be enablers or to take away…

Very often the choices which we make, to either do or not to do something, or to think more on it first, is what determines cause and effect - not a god.

TRANSCEND - incorrect! Become the Cause and the Effect yourself. :mrgreen:

Causality is a false concept. False concepts are not wrong enough to be wrong, nor right enough to be right. Free will is an example of a false concept.

So, how would you otherwise express the phrase “free will” then to make it a more valid concept worth exploring, Trixie?

Would you not agree that there are times, moments, when our wills ARE free to make conscious choices and decisions?

Faust had a really good one. I don’t know how to search the forums though.

Thanks

Look, I don’t have all the answers. All I know is, I sense the very topic of causality and freewill is incorrect somehow, I sense it in my very bones.

Deep down, causality is like an entanglement concept. Time is an automatic process of consciousness that is like a movie, its like a youtube movie where you click the bar of the movie to fast forward through scenes. All science does is record patterns of scenes so we can easily categorize and reference other scenes. The cause is self-perpetuating cause, if it did not move at all it would not exist, thus it exists and moves.