Personal thoughts about the ILP forums

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Personal thoughts about the ILP forums

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:30 am

The following thoughts are fruit of my former business self.

I have often wondered why the ILP forums have remained thinly populated ... not unlike former consumer products with enormous potential that failed when launched in the market place. Though I'm confident at the appointed time ILP membership will explode.

In the meantime ...

ILP has a core group of incredibly gifted minds ... though a few seemed to have left recently.

IMO these incredibly gifted minds are acting out the gladiator rituals of ancient Rome ... fighting to the death in pursuit of personal glory.

I anxiously await the day these same incredibly gifted minds abandon their pursuit of personal glory in exchange for pursuit of the common good for all of humanity.
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Re: Personal thoughts about the ILP forums

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:24 am

I'm the only one who can control my ego. :angelic-halofell:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:22 am

pilgrim_tom wrote:The following thoughts are fruit of my former business self.

I have often wondered why the ILP forums have remained thinly populated ... not unlike former consumer products with enormous potential that failed when launched in the market place. Though I'm confident at the appointed time ILP membership will explode.

In the meantime ...

ILP has a core group of incredibly gifted minds ... though a few seemed to have left recently.

IMO these incredibly gifted minds are acting out the gladiator rituals of ancient Rome ... fighting to the death in pursuit of personal glory.

I anxiously await the day these same incredibly gifted minds abandon their pursuit of personal glory in exchange for pursuit of the common good for all of humanity.

I anxiously await when the so called good, moral, and ethical people of the world realize their own hypocrisy. Oh wait,......that will probably never happen.....
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:08 am

Merlin wrote:
I anxiously await when the so called good, moral, and ethical people of the world realize their own hypocrisy. Oh wait,......that will probably never happen.....

Merlin ... your optimism is seeping out :-) ... your choice of the word "probably" :-)
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Return to The Sandbox