Guidance finding and serving up a fairly wordless paradox

Paradox champions, I beseech your assistance. I need a real simple puzzler that has only a few words. Any suggestions would be appreciated and word-less zingers would be the best.

We may be a collection, without noticing it, and that collection includes everyone. We only select whom we wish to emulate. Everything else blocked. It a no brainer, we pick up everything directly or, by association.

For instance, we don’t have to go to Greece to be there, and that’s discounting the possibility of Astro projection, Eckenkar soul travel, or the idea that we live in the eternal time of this second.

The classic example is “This statement is false.”

If the statement truly is false, the the statement must be true
… in which case it is false
… in which case it is true

Yeah, James, we get it.

Only binary logicians have a problem with this. That’s why I prefer trinary.

There are no paradoxes void of resolution. She asked for a simple paradox, not how to resolve it.

And quite frankly, I’m impressed you delivered. I thought to myself: now how can you give a paradox in just a few simple words? Most require at least a paragraph. But yes, the liar’s paradox is quite an elegant response.

So should I explain trinary logic, or do you think it would be obvious to her what it is and how that resolves the paradox?

I don’t know if she cares to resolve it.
But I suspect that she preferred that I not know how. :sunglasses:

But then again, since I do, why not go ahead (not that I will agree with your version of “trinary logic”).

Well, since you already know, what’s the point? :smiley:

You guys suck at this…

“Nothing at all”

It’s an impossible phrase to utter.

JSS wrote

Yes, stop trying to help yourself out of this paradox, which may be? :-k

JSS,

? :mrgreen:

Oh, you want ME to tell you?
Okay…

Coherent logic statements can only be either true or false. That is what leads to the appearance of a conundrum, a paradox. But there is always the incoherent statement, void of rational meaning, such as;
“The color of my dog is cat.”
“There are absolutely no absolutes.”
and “This statement is false.”

Incoherent statements are neither true nor false, but rather meaningless, often self-refuting.
Thus Trinary/Tertiary Logic:

1. True
    1. False
    1. Incoherent (neither or both)

… and you are going to have a really, really tough time catching me with this sort of thing. :sunglasses:

James,

Why drag this out? :-" Solve the paradox shown in the pic. :sunglasses:

There are no actual paradoxes in reality only perceived ones

What is not known or understood is simply that and nothing else

Why are you doing what James should be doing? You are in a feisty mood. :evilfun:

An absence of what you imagine here would suggest otherwise

Asking for a solution where none exists is somewhat paradoxical