The meaning of 'un'

Simple:

If y = ‘un’ x then compared to x it is the opposite.

:wink:

why not post this kind of thing in the sand box?

Its real philosophy. Thats why. Move to germs of deep thought if u prefer…

ps note: post ammended.

Not the opposite of, but rather the lack of.

Why not un-post it.

Moved to Sandbox.

No, Is P vs Not P would be opposites, as well as lack. You can’t presume a larger logical schema isn’t present in his mathematics, but simultaneously can’t rule it out if it seems applicable to known systems.

Wish ignorant mods would stop being in a rush to move posts, your not the know it all winners you think you are just like James isn’t the mathematician he thinks he is. He is obviously experimenting with something akin.

Define opposite.

I could say you are the opposite of fashion but I’d be lying. You have a yellow x which has some fashionable qualities to it.

I don’t think that “opposite of” and “lack of” are necessarily contradictions in terms.

If something is [un]diluted, as in not drinking watered-down beer, lol, that beer does “lack” something - the water.
At the same time, watered-down beer can be considered to be the opposite of pure beer. #-It all depends on how we view things and the degree of such things.

I suppose that “un” can also describe or point to something or someone, the nature of which has changed.
How I love words and prefixes lol but gathering in their meaning can be akin to pulling a wisdom tooth. But with the former we may become the wiser.

Rather:

If y = ‘un’ x then compared to x, y is the opposite.