Patterns get shattered ...

Throughout life some of the patterns within our comfort zone get shattered … the how or why is irrelevant.

Our consciousness is compelled to create or adopt new ones.

thoughtsofamisfit.weebly.com/pat … sters.html

sometimes in life it seems like the “pattern” just goes away. at times things make zero sense whatsoever… hard times

Let me try to apply some good advice Moreno gave me several months ago … something to the effect … move from the abstract to the concrete, back to the abstract and so on.

Your statement reminds me of a personal experience … the concrete. Several months ago … early one morning … I tripped over a portrait of the Mona Lisa … literally. The portrait was created on the sidewalk in front of a bus stop. My interest was tweaked in part because I had been chatting about the Mona Lisa the night before with a group of Chinese people. A few hours later I went back to have another look at this artwork … it was gone! The rain had washed it away.

The artist had arranged particles of coloured chalk dust in such a way … a particular pattern … that the result produced an imitation of the Mona Lisa … and nature … the rain … washed it away. As you stated above … The “pattern” just goes away.

Perhaps the universe operates in a similar fashion with our minds??? … creating patterns in our minds and later washes them away … to be replaced by different patterns.

This statement reminds me of something I heard last night … I was listening to Alan Watt talk about the Dao De Jing. He was talking about learning(knowledge) … stuff that makes sense. He reiterated the common belief of “encounters” between two or more individuals as the conduit for most knowledge(learning). The (un)knower encounters the knower … face to face not required … and new knowledge is transmitted to the (un)knower. The world’s education system is based on this premise.

He went on to share another metaphor … the flower as an extension of the stem, branches and leaves of a plant … an integral part of the plant that only manifests itself physically when the the plant reaches a certain maturity.

He suggested human learning may operate in the same way … inferring that all learning is simply an extension of our individual being … not the fruit of encounters with other beings. The encounters may represent confirmation of something we already know deep in the bowels of our memory.

Metaphors that prick our curiosity are useful. ???