Present Time versus Presence in Time

What exactly does the present time signify? How does one sit comfortably in the present and stay there?

We reflect on the past, we dream of the future, but both of those are intangibles, aren’t they?

Happiness, joy, must live and living is done in the present only. How does a person remain present?

You are always in the present since you cannot be any where else
However it is not fixed as you are constantly moving through time

A heady angst is present more often than not which does not allow one true comfort no matter the state of their bodies.

True comfort comes with the acceptance of everything as it is
And with no desire to want to change it for this is not possible

You also live in the world of possibilities/probabilities. Your ‘now’ did not just happen on its own, it’s not a supernatural phenomenon that stands on its own, independent of the laws of nature and physics; it is a result of choices/willful actions which interacted with the world, if not yours then someone else’s. Who or what determines what your ‘now’ will be like at any given point? Being in the present is still being in the world full of probabilities (and past/future allows you to orient yourself in such complex world).

To me, this equates to sticking your head in the sand.

Monday, Nov. 14, 2016

MM wrote

I am no longer in that state. What changed?

Not at all because you cannot change the world
For this is a simple fact which cannot be denied

You do not believe in the power of thought forms, s57?

No I think you cannot unilaterally change anything other than yourself as everything else is beyond your
control. I am a pragmatist not an idealist so only focus on what is possible rather than what is desirable

Mongoose,

Perhaps it’s all a matter of relativity? Maybe we’re not moving forward in time but time is moving backwards as we stay put in the present.

Is this true if you suffer from chronic pain?

I mean philosophically rather than physically
And also things entirely beyond ones control

With physical aspects of reality disappearing that thought has crossed my mind. The original source of reality is diffusing as it ripples/echoes away, so our present timeframe basically loses value/strength the farther its distance is from that source. What’s amazing is that people in their own ways feel this change but have no clue why 2016 isn’t as great as 2015 and so on and so forth as reality/this dimension declines in essence. Simply put, there is less of it to realize, less exists.

Reality is becoming less and less memorable, more banal. Also seems that its favorable distinctions such as high quality everything has vanished, literally. Choices being made are junking up this dimension. Wholesomeness no longer exists, replaced by ugly spectacles.

So less exists in 2016 than in 2015? Do you mean things physically go out of existence? Or do you mean all things are “not as real” as they used to be? Or is it “wholesomeness” and “high quality” that are vanishing and being replaced by ugliness?

I have thought the same thing lately, but for another reason. We flood ourselves with petty information and spend less time processing context. The proportion of information consumption to action / critical reflection is broken. And because of this, reality for us is less concrete, more phantom. Ahistorical.

Are you saying reality is like a substance that is getting stretched thinner and thinner? Because of the expansion of space?

I’m curious what you mean by the first thing and if you have an example of the second.

Gib asked

Yes. Yes. No. Sadly, yes to that too.

Fuse asked

The distinguishable features of physical aspects are disappearing. More like dropped from existence rather than thinning. Echoes dissipate, right? I’m not very interested in outer space so I know next to nothing about its expansion.

Okay, like what?

An interesting thread … let me offer you the following image as a potential graphical rendering of your discussion. The image was created by a young Chinese woman … who is studying visual graphics … as a logo for a group who call themselves “Grail Quest Geeks”.

For me, the circles represent the pathways of all sentient beings and the pebbles on the fringe represent non sentient objects … mountains and such.

Perhaps humans behave like protons … fluttering from one circle to the next … sometimes closer to the centre and sometimes farther away.