Minimalism

A person doesn’t need much, there’s no reason why you can’t by on less than 1500 dollars Canadian a month and be healthy and relatively happy.

The less you have to work, the more it frees you up to do things you really enjoy, hobbies, interests.
What good is having things, if you have no time to use them?
I would rather have a few, cheap things I get a lot out of, than a lot of expensive things I seldom use.

You also have more free time/energy to be disciplined in other areas, such as diet, exercise, quitting drugs, alcohol…

I think the idea that everyone needs to own a house or a nice car with lots of toys in order to be happy is wrongheaded.

Maybe we shouldn’t aspire to be happy all the time, maybe that’s a form of insanity, given how imperfect the world is and always will be.
Perhaps we should just desire to be fine, or to be good, but not happy or ecstatic.
Happiness is something fleeting, where as contentment is something that can endure.

I do not work but I live entirely within my means so money is not a problem for me. I think time is
more important than money because if you lose money you can always make some more but if you
lose time you can never get it back. You can of course make time but you can not make more time

This is absolutely true and is the reason why I say that I am content but not happy

We have now even got orbiting debris around Earth… let alone the issue of the state of our landfills.

Recycling or incineration should be the only two options.

No, minimalism isn’t necessarily good for the enviroment, there is a lot of unexpected collateral damage. Have you not seen the grassy area after a concert clears out? Or the woods near where a hobo habitually lives? Tends to get cluttered bad. Humans today, 99% of them, can’t scavenge like Diogenes did, I tried it several times, knew what I was doing, didn’t last long. As a result, the cheapest foods are the most package intensive. A can of spam leaves behind a can of spam, but you cant get that quanity of meat cheaper elsewhere, or have it last.

End result is for a minimalist society, your completely dependent on your society’s depot system, the food choices you actually have access to, and the sanitary processing it has to realistically to reprocess it all, and not society nails every aspect of waste, I’m positive the English countryside isn’t a fucking environmentalist Utopia either, so don’t want to hear it. Go crawl around in the River Fleet and tell me that it is in pristine shape Magsj.

[i]“Gremorrah, Gremannah, Germana, 4 Shana!!”[/i]

(Im assuming at least Anomaleigh [i]n€igh*[/i])

[size=1]* […] der Tuder Rebirth [Simply on Nion only nigh].[/size]

Farming, transportation, and entertainment. That’s all we need.

Those are the core goods.
Farming needed for the body, Entertainment needed for the health of the mind and body, Transportation needed to get farming and entertainment to the body. Those are the core goods.

Medicine is the same as entertainment, when you are sick to your stomach certain songs can heal, I believe their should be hot nurses should give sexual therapy, which is under the Entertainment category.

Once we get people to think rationally and stop being indoctrinated by politics, there will be no more need for war. There will be a need for weapons, but not war. I view politics the same as religion.
Politics, It’s like, “Write laws to Tell me what to do” “My god is better than your god”.

But look, see: in the end what’s at the top but something purely Abrahamic?

…can’t eat spam… allergies, you see 8-[

The cons outweigh the pros… well, there are no pros so fuck spam and all processed foods.

You’d be surprised at how pristine the English countryside is Steve/Brandon/whatever-your-name-is… even after a Summer of festivals in fields and copious amounts of LSD, festival-goers still manage to clean up after themselves. We ain’t a bunch of wankers you know :wink:

We make policy and agreements quickly, so if people want to party they got to play ball and abide by the terms and conditions they signed up to… or pay a monetary penalty.

…now why would I want to do that?

If back then they had decided to make many of our now subterranean rivers into canals London would be a far prettier place, but more awkward to develop and build on.

One canal… we only got one canal… albeit one long pretty canal. I hope the plan to open up some of London’s subterranean rivers follows through, as we could do with lusher wildlife havens in London.

They buried the Fleet cause it was a fucking sewage. I don’t think most of it is uncoverable at this point.

Now that was an interesting read: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29551351

Which led to this, which was even more interesting: bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazin … r-29309824

Wikipedia:

He most certainly not was “popular with the soldiers”, it was a religion of the higher bureaucracy, most soldiers were not members, you had to be somebody to get invited, and it operated on a “you scratch your back, and I will scratch yours too” sort of Masonic motivation to ass kiss to the next higher level up. Most soldiers would of been members of other religions, including Christianity.

…sounds like a swell guy.

Well our London waterways are definitely minimal, and to think we were supposed to have canals and arching bridges a’la Venice, but the waterways’ pollution put paid to that… would have been beautiful.

My neighborhood alone built over three streams, it is a lot more that they are noting, given the tributary access points. London was the lowest place up river high enough to accomidate Roman era ships, near North-South Bridge. It is a naturally occurring cities, and such cities tend to be saturated in water.

One of the first things I do when looking for early frontier settlements is to find locations where streams merge, or multiple springs converge, waterfalls, etc. Early pioneers here were water thirsty, and this is a river town! River wasn’t enough, een if the farm was on the river in the flood plain, they wanted more creeks entering into the river on the corner of their property, with springs coming off the hill too. Absurd… but that’s how they patterned.

I find myself drawn to water too, if it is present wherever I happen to go… drinks by the marina… passing by a random waterfall… taking in the structure of a bridge in all it’s technical and architectural beauty… being in awe of large expanses of water.

The sound of that sea was just beautiful… they all went in, but I was happy to sightsee and just take it all in and chat to a local or two.

My oldest sister, her son, his girlfriend, two of his friends from their school days, my other sister, her two sons, and my brother’s son climbed that volcano’s bigger twin, while my bro and I drank coffee and rum in the cafe below… whilst I took advantage of the local wifi hotspot to catch up on my emails and social media and check into ILP.

First to turn back was my other sister… who got as far as the trail entrance, so not far at all. Next was my oldest sister’s son’s girlfriend who was back in 15 or so. My brother’s son and my other sister’s youngest son were the last to turn back… first one, then the other.

The rest made it to the top in two hours, but my two remaining nephews and the female school buddy made it back in one… because apparently they made like mountain goats and scrambled their way down, but my oldest sister took longer than the average two hours return time… and appeared with the guide and her son’s male school buddy in three…