Now, you can see why they call themselves "Masons".

“Is pessimism necessarily a sign of decline, decay, malformation, of tired and debilitated instincts—as was the case among the Indians and appears to be the case amongst us ‘modern men’ and Europeans? Is there a pessimism of strength? An intellectual preference for the hard, gruesome, malevolent and problematic aspects of existence which comes from a feeling of well-being, from overflowing health, from an abundance of existence? Is there perhaps such a thing as suffering from superabundance itself? Is there a tempting bravery in the sharpest eye which demands the terrifying as its foe, as a worthy foe against which it can test its strength and from which it intends to learn the meaning of fear?” [N]

What does the pic in the first post have to do with the quote in the second post, and either to do with the title.

When you posted this, were you actively under the influence of drugs, and did it make sense to you to do do, with the vision of everyone reading this and saying “yes, he is indeed on to something”, cause I can’t see where in the hell your trying to take this.

I don’t know, but if life is suffering, then I guess there really is no way around it.

FC wrote:

Who is the “they” you refer to?

Is it stone masons, perhaps the Free mason fraternity.

Don’t doubt it for a second.

I accidently stumbled across this (new?) fad called Dry Fasting, and it reminded me of this thread. In dry fasting, people abstain from food and water (any liquids in any form - including touching liquids), for about a week to 2 weeks (or even longer, Yikes!). Usually, these people camp out somewhere in the woods, and basically starve and roam the woods every day, commuting with nature and paying attention to changes in their perception and body. Some seem to claim medical healing while others are doing it for strictly psychological reasons. Those who are doing it for psychological reasons, the way I understand it, subject the body to extreme discomfort, only to later recapture the satisfaction of simply being alive and grateful. Those who are doing it for medical reasons claim that when the body is starved, it goes into the fight/survival mode and eliminates all that is extra and burdensome to it. Perhaps it can be considered a form of very extreme ascetism, or perhaps even bordering on masochism. Some also claim ‘expansion of consciousness’ (possibly hallucinating) where people would be so overwhelmed by whatever they are experiencing that they would be crying and laughing at the same time. It’s a very strange thing to watch. But people would be reporting being aware of sensations that they’ve never experienced before, and report as being born again after completion of the fast. It reminded me of the interplay between overabundance and suffering.

That’s interesting that people would choose mental illness in such a pursuit.

It isn’t a mental illness, just stupidity and curiosity mixed together. One group is in Fulsom, California, in the fields near the base of the American River’s cliffs. I never sought out starvation, just sorta happens sometimes, try to plan around such situations from ever occurring. I’ve never been a voluntary faster, one aspect of Christianity I’ve never embraced as it never made sense to me. That may be because my mother didn’t love me and would go months without feeding me. I’m not exaggerating on the time scale. Perhaps a good philosophy for those who never had been hungry prior, I get no spiritual awareness out if it, just makes me walk a lot, learned walking quelches hunger to a degree, only a degree.

Still doesn’t explain the OP.

Turdbutt,

They are choosing to F with their chemical composition which is inducing mental illness. Edit: -___Turds intelligence. Gotta luv’em negative #.

It doesn’t, humans don’t achieve mental illness through starvation alone, we’re well adapted to surviving starvation with few long term cognitive defects, it’s been happening for hundreds of millions of years. You gotta have some incredibly long term nutritional deficits, well past Jesus’ 40 days, or Yogis going without eating.

And no, you can’t last that long without water. There was a guy in Nepal, tried proving he was a Buddha by sitting in the base of a tree for a few years, neither eating or drinking. I guarantee there was a hose up his butt. We’ve had guys go a very long time without eating, losing a lot of weight in hospitals, while they sometimes die, I have yet to hear of one going nuts.

However, I have heard of people going crazy watching Mondale Williams just once.

^^ :text-banplz: My only wish…Please internet Gods! [-o<

No, I don’t think Fixed Cross should be banned for being largely incoherent and tangential. He deserves a second chance.

Stop the sentimentality, too late. Enjoy the silence.

Now you’re stuck with dumdum me, Turdmuncher.

You munch turds?

:laughing-rollingred: =; Good save. No points though. Not good enough.

Some old feller i talked to in the forest of Oregon he sais, “I am a breatharian I only consume air and sunlight” says he didnt drink a drop since he turned breatharian? How. Is this possible?

Hose up his butt. How the little budddhas in Nepal do it these days.

You like it in the ass, sure you can give it a go.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nG5FqQKrrHI

It is either a miracle, or sodomy. You decide.

Wish I knew. Sometimes I get in the coding groove, and wish if only if only I didn’t have to eat and go forage. Going to the supermarket often interrupts my groove, and if someone is mean to me there It can cause me to go into a spiral of depression.