Sons of Interny

Its a land, the internet, with borders made out of human limits. Very far, remote borders that no one will want to even approach - what lies behind it… is basements. The world of basements is the neighboring state.

Okay, cite some examples of how this is relevant to your own life.

Also, what is the practical import of this observation when we are confronted with a context in which there are conflicting options?

Or is this another exercise in irony.

hello popla, I am in my life now.
welcome to my thread.
Put some real life in it sukka. None of this Iambiguous dry cuntiness.

some things happening on the internet now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umRRCkspaQU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJQ1Odf1FSo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fE_yHEerok[/youtube]

Note to others:

It seems that he is permitted to misconstrue my irony but I am not permitted to misconstrue his.

Well, at least he has confirmed that this is all it is. :wink:

Ive never met a guy with so little to say as you Iambiguous - not one who was so eager to make it clear to the whole world that he has nothing to say.
Then again, may be you are just the first True Moderner that trolls me.

:sunglasses:

These “others” - are you when you are going through your daily own-thread-refresh routine for half an hour, arent they?

:wink:

I know. Im psychic.

For those who dont know, like this guy over here, what this is all about.

NONE WHO ARENT PROFICIENT IN INTERNETS ENTER HERE
info.cern.ch/
Welcome the internet

I Cross Son of Interwebz before even the internet, as my Father had his lab next to the Large Hadron Collider

Where I was allowed to climb in when it was off

& where the transatlantic Web was clicked into place on vast UNIX terminals.

nikhef.nl/en/business-colla … et-ams-ix/

more ancient history begins here.
businessinsider.com/what-is- … he-1950s-1

No…

I Am Your Father

early memory nursery rhyme….

When RISK was overtaking CISK he had behind him a stark competition with Motorola and IBM where many trade secrets were stolen. No wonder as fromt he same place also the Pakistani Uranium Enrichment method has been stolen, the centrifuge that was also there. Maybe still is. It was deep. Elevators and robots behind glass. Now there is an American University Campus on top.

Later when we had a computer at home at night on the mac Plus he would be designing schemes of blocks and arrows in the night with curtains and the stars shining in. It was strangely dark because of the incomprehensible schemata. I wish I could reproduce. The computer is this.

[16:25] <piet_> okee nou anywa
[16:25] <piet_> ik was bij de Markt
[16:25] <piet_> bij de sigareboer, slager, bakker, visboer en snoephandel
[16:26] <piet_> kont er een tsjikkert op me af stappen zegt ze he snoet, gaan we doen
[16:26] <piet_> zeg ik snoep kopen scharrebarrel, kom je mee?
[16:26] <piet_> dus wij drop eten op het hek
[16:26] <piet_> begint ze me ineens te zoenen
[16:26] <piet_> met drop in dr kop
[16:26] <piet_> was lekker
[16:26] <piet_> ^^
[16:27] <piet_> ik dacxht ik breng m effe
[16:27] <piet_> ^^
[16:27] <piet_> ^^
[16:27] <piet_> we hebben de peren, de appels en de zore bessen
[16:27] <piet_> nu nog de limo en het rietje

irc.lc/ircnet/digistad/irctc@@@

Come on, even if I did have nothing to say, that’s still twice as much as you do.

And how’s that for being ironic?!!

You know, if it’s even possible. :wink:

I always like that you hold your own Iam… high five baby! :smiley:

On the other hand, look what I’m up against.

He said in jest. :wink:

Imapiquus, equus… good to have your memes.
please post your entire copy paste meme scheme.

Sigh - well Magsj if thats how you feel about this dudes trolling of all my threads… Ill leave you guys to it.

A mod validating a remark by a troll that I have said less than nothing is … sick.

Youre all welcome.

Enjoy your sanitized ILP.

The Groots?

Okay:

1] I was raised in the belly of the working class beast. My family/community were very conservative. Abortion was a sin. Both in and out of church.
2] I was drafted into the Army and while on my “tour of duty” in Vietnam I happened upon politically radical folks who reconfigured my thinking about abortion. And God and lots of other things.
3] after I left the Army, I enrolled in college and became further involved in left wing politics. It was all the rage back then. I became a feminist. I married a feminist. I wholeheartedly embraced a woman’s right to choose.
4] then came the calamity with Mary and John. I loved them both but their engagement was foundering on the rocks that was Mary’s choice to abort their unborn baby.
5] back and forth we all went. I supported Mary but I could understand the points that John was making. I could understand the arguments being made on both sides. John was right from his side and Mary was right from hers.
6] I read William Barrett’s Irrational Man and came upon his conjectures regarding “rival goods”.
7] Then, over time, I abandoned an objectivist frame of mind that revolved around Marxism/feminism. Instead, I became more and more embedded in existentialism. And then as more years passed I became an advocate for moral nihilism.

1] I am rational
2] I am rational because I have access to the ideal
3] I have access to the ideal because I grasp the one true nature of the objective world
4] I grasp the one true nature of the objective world because I am rational

If I am always of the opinion that 1] my own values are rooted in dasein and 2] that there are no objective values “I” can reach, then every time I make one particular moral/political leap, I am admitting that I might have gone in the other direction…or that I might just as well have gone in the other direction. Then “I” begins to fracture and fragment to the point there is nothing able to actually keep it all together. At least not with respect to choosing sides morally and politically.

• She has radical and continuing doubts about the final vocabulary she currently uses, because she has been impressed by other vocabularies, vocabularies taken as final by people or books she has encountered;
    *She realizes that argument phrased in her present vocabulary can neither underwrite nor dissolve these doubts;
    *Insofar as she philosophizes about her situation, she does not think that her vocabulary is closer to reality than others, that it is in touch with a power not herself.
    Richard Rorty

1] For one reason or another [rooted largely in dasein], you are taught or come into contact with [through your upbringing, a friend, a book, an experience etc.] a worldview, a philosophy of life.

2] Over time, you become convinced that this perspective expresses and encompasses the most rational and objective truth. This truth then becomes increasingly more vital, more essential to you as a foundation, a justification, a celebration of all that is moral as opposed to immoral, rational as opposed to irrational.

3] Eventually, for some, they begin to bump into others who feel the same way; they may even begin to actively seek out folks similarly inclined to view the world in a particular way.

4] Some begin to share this philosophy with family, friends, colleagues, associates, Internet denizens; increasingly it becomes more and more a part of their life. It becomes, in other words, more intertwined in their personal relationships with others…it begins to bind them emotionally and psychologically.

5] As yet more time passes, they start to feel increasingly compelled not only to share their Truth with others but, in turn, to vigorously defend it against any and all detractors as well.

6] For some, it can reach the point where they are no longer able to realistically construe an argument that disputes their own as merely a difference of opinion; they see it instead as, for all intents and purposes, an attack on their intellectual integrity…on their very Self.

7] Finally, a stage is reached [again for some] where the original philosophical quest for truth, for wisdom has become so profoundly integrated into their self-identity [professionally, socially, psychologically, emotionally] defending it has less and less to do with philosophy at all. And certainly less and less to do with “logic”.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know. Don Rumsfeld

On the other hand, you’ve now seen the last of them, right? :wink:

Is this true? Have I been trolling all of your threads.

Okay, let’s examine, say, your last 50 posts here at ILP: search.php?author_id=37292&sr=posts

How many of them did I troll?

And why don’t I register here – beforethelight.forumotion.com/t499-feoh – and troll you there too?

Hopefully this is all just reflective of a particular “fit of pique” that has prompted you – in the moment – to lash out like this. I for one certainly do not want you to vacate the premises. I look forward to your contributions here and would truly miss them if they’re gone.

You are, after all, one of the few left here to do battle with the Kids.