Dreams to deja vu.

Usually I dream and remember. Over the course of the last two years, I have connected 2 deja vus with their precognitive dreams. There appears to be a 3 year lag between the precognitive dream and it’s realisation. What does this mean?

JSS,

I would like your take on this matter.

Peanut gallery, in particular, brain science nerds some speculation might be helpful. Or directions towards explanations.

I suspect that it means that you live a very predictable life. :sunglasses:

:wink:

These occurrences are common to you? The three year span as well? How are you weeding out the future from typical dream nonsense?

With dreams, as with all stories you hear, you don’t know how much was fantasy until you see it for yourself.

JSS,

I saw for myself twice. How/why though? Are you being squirrelly on purpose? Why three years between the dream and it’s occurrence? If you don’t have any serious insight, refrain.

You invited him.

Gib,

You’re rightI, I invited a pseudoscientist, when I need the real McCoy. Sorry JSS, my mistake.

No. You invited a metaphysicist to answer a pseudoscientific question.

No. I asked in my own words, what is there based on my experiences. Now if metaphysics is pseudoscience, I’ve already apologized to James and if it’s not then James needs to step it up. James doesn’t need you fighting his non-existent battles in whichever case, do you James?

You want for me to tell you of the magic and awesome mystery. But if anyone explains the magic, it is no longer an awesome mystery. The magic is merely that your mind is far, far different and in many way more powerful than you think. But power and intelligence can lead into the darkness as easily as into the light.

Your dreams are the consequence of your physical body trying to restore and chemically balance. But due to the manner in which a brain functions, such an effort creates thoughts which lead to other thoughts and the entire dream scenario. As concepts are considered situations which lead to instinctive reactions which lead to further situation concepts, the dreams role on into semi-realistic story lines, dreams.

An additional issue within the mind is that when a situation is remembered and recognized, the mind anticipates the next scene in the story. With such anticipation, void of conscious intervention, the mind naturally roles with the scene to help create it in real life (thus the positive effects of positive thinking … and/or negative and hypnosis).

Thus eventually, one of the very many dreams might become the memory for recognizing and perhaps helping to instigate a real-life scenario, a deja vu moment; partially coincidence, partially derived, partially invoked.

It isn’t an awesome magic in which to place hope.
But it is an indication of subconscious intelligence.

Horseshit…that obtuse explanation. If this is out of your depth just say so. Don’t coddle me with a lot of words that acrue to no meaning. Years ago when my son was a black dog, I had two specific dreams involving a white dog. The fact that the dream dog was white stuck in my craw upon waking both times due to owning a young, healthy black dog at that time. Three years later, I saw those instances of that white dog in my presence play out as deja vus. Witnessed those moments for a second time James.

Mongoose, are you sure you even had those dreams? If you had a couple deja vu’s, might they have implanted the memory of having had the dreams? That would explain the 3 year thing.

Yes. Two different dreams of a white dog that made no sense since I owned a black dog then, three years back. I was miffed upon waking both times, the white dog made no sense as being my pet.

I would like to share the reoccurring tsunami dreams as well. Cataclysmic repeats in varying locales, whole shored major cities swept away. May start a dream journal over in the creative writing section.

Well, I suppose one thing’s for sure: they’re real in your subjective reality; that’s how you experience it. So these two white dogs, when you met them in the real world, was there any chance they were the same dog, or could you tell differences?

^ There you go! You’re supposed to warn people about impending catastrophies. And you know exactly when they’re going to happen.

What are you trying to do with your two cents Gibraltar?

Oh. Damn.Thanks for telling me. I apologize. :blush:
[size=50](But at least it’s obvious to me what you need)[/size]

And Metaphysics is neither a science nor a pseudoscience, btw.

Trying to pin this down.

There’s two things we need to pin down actually: 1) what is the omen of the white dog dream telling you about the real dog? And 2) how to tell when a dream is in fact an omen and when it’s just random brain noise. 1) might help you come to terms with something in your personal life while 2) would help you harness an amazing gift with which you could help other people with their lives.

Also, Mongoose and Leyla, I find your avatars eerily similar.

My avatar is a photo of the place where I am now, at the Spanish coast. That beach is very close.

Leyla,

How are you being helpful with your tiny insinuations?