What Of Your Essence?

You see innocence there. Do his eyes and body language tell you anything different or more?

idunno. If I identify something, I see its essence. ← That would be its constant.

What about you is constant?

Arcturus Descending

I have decided to remain hung up on extraneous, external change for the time being.

:smiley:

You mean what is my essence? I see myself every time I look in the mirror. I identify myself. I say: “That’s gib.” This happens every time. The next time I stand in front of the mirror, I will say: “Yep, still gib.”

But this identification is a recurrence. I sometimes pull away from the mirror and think of other things. The identification comes back only on occasion.

As for the gib I’ve identified, I’m not sure he will stay the same gib forever. I may look in the mirror in 10 years from now and say: “That’s not the same gib I used to be.” Or I may not. I may think it’s the same gib, but trust me, I will have changed.

My constant is my Ich und Du love relationship with the universe which includes nature - the above and below. I cannot see that as ever changing.
The universe is my Lover and I am the Universe’s. I and Thou.

Arcturus Descending

That is beautiful. I like the way you think.

:smiley:

Thank you. And where do those thoughts come from, encode_decode? :evilfun:

Arcturus Descending

Umm . . . quite possibly a beautiful mind . . . what do you think Arcturus Descending?

:evilfun:

:evilfun: Thank you again, encode_decode, but I was referring to a much deeper place though the mind does touch down and affect everything.

I was considering sensations of the Heart. But then again, a sense of qualia come from both, right?

I speak in terms of spirit - and heart - qualia in terms of conscious and conscience - I would say all three is where your Ich und Du love relationship is coming from.

I was saving this for another occasion but I will put it here too:

I also have reason to believe that the universe is intelligent - just not as we know it - whether it is aware of us in a way that we are used to being aware is unknown to me. Our awareness seems to boil down to reality, logic and emotions. The universe might experience these properties in a much different way. The fact that love is a fact of life may even suggest that the universe understands love - just not in a way that we are able to comprehend. Everything that we experience may be much different in the universe’s experience. The universe and everything in it has a tendency to organize itself. A star system is just an organization of configured and evolved objects that displace the area that they occupy. A planet is configured and a star evolves.
[-o<

That was beautiful and I do agree with you ~~ the Universe can be seen to be intelligent in the way in which it is structured, evolves and operates. It boggles my mind but perhaps that is just because I do not much understand its workings. This is why I remain an agnostic.
We can never know but we can have such an experience of not knowing that it becomes beautiful to us.

As for the rest, I have also intuited what you say but I find that there is just such a veil before my eyes that so much is left hidden but again I have the experience of it and that I am somehow loved by the Universe.

I truly sense as Shakespeare said through Hamlet that “there are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio,than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science]”. Even though so much less was known in Shakespeare’s time, I can say that even today he might be uttering these same words with what has become known to us.

Would an intelligent universe favor some essences over others or would they all have their place in purpose?

I don’t know, Wendy. I do intuit that we all have our place. It’s just a matter of finding it or knowing it. That is not an easy thing to discover. This I know from experience.

I think that it might all come down to paying attention, listening and being grateful.

Do we all appreciate and respect the gifts that have been placed right before our eyes?

I think that it might ALSO come down to how in tune we are with our Universe.

WendyDarling

That is profound questioning. I am not sure that I know either, but I will point a few things out.

There are destructive forces in the universe and there are constructive forces in the universe. If what is known was once unknown then it could be the case that some things that have become known(through a constructive force) may become unknown again(through a destructive force).

You could say from this that everything has its place including essences - but that would be saying that a place is only temporary . . .

. . . and that an essence can fade . . .

In the realm of the divine, I think that an essence would last forever - but as Arcturus Descending is known for saying - I could be wrong here.

Arcturus Descending

I could nearly guarantee that Shakespeare would be uttering those same words in ten thousand years time.

gib

If your essence is constant - that means it lasts forever.

As for the gib you’ve identified - you appear to be saying that he will have changed. Are you saying that the gib you’ve identified is different to the essence of gib? In other words - the gib that you are conscious of is different to the essence of gib. Am I perhaps misunderstanding what you are saying?

encode_ decode,

lol It’s nice that I can be known for saying something. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a good thing to remind ourselves that we do not have all the answers. The more we learn, the more we realize that we knew even less.

Arcturus Descending

Still there is a forever and it is the place where the constant is . . .

I am sure you are known for saying a few things. People with character usually are.

But why do we not have all the answers? Just kidding. It does seem like the more we realize the less we know.

Still I am on this essence thing - I feel there is a part of us which is permanent.