What Of Your Essence?

No two have exactly the same personality so that is your essence

It is best to focus on the more important things.
Sometimes we become conflicted when we come to sense or realize that certain things which we will or desire are not in harmony or compatible with other things.
It’s the nature of mankind.

Memory. Early on I made mention of memories being erased before the soul enters a body (I have no idea why, but Ecmandu says we sign up to live through contracts throughout eternity- often Truth is stranger than fiction, assuming a newborn’s body), however I may remember a bit more than most and lack complete understanding of that too.

Perhaps the blood of your ancestors which flows through you, along with your individual life experiences which may have even began some moments after conception and how each of you tend to view the world.
Brain chemistry and how our very own individual peculiar minds relate to Everything might have something to do with it too.
A tabula rasa we are not.

It’s a very interesting question to ponder.
Let’s not forget that our origins are from among the stars.

Aside from that ~~ :chores-chopwood:

Happy New Year, Gib. :evilfun:

Ancient, generous, and simple.

:-k Is one’s personality really one’s essence?
I would think that one’s essence or, at least to me, what makes someone who they truly are, where they “live within their selves” resides in a deeper place than personality.

Many actually do have the same kind of personality I think but not necessarily the same essence.
I think that essence is more “soul-like” but not the soul.

My essence compels me to look up at the stars. Another’s might compel him or her to look at the next lamborghini or another’s might be to solve the world’s greatest newest mathematical equation.

Souls tend to be racist and speciesist to a huge degree.

They think they can choose and take bodies when ever and how ever they want.

They consider bodies as meat and as a box or a car or what ever.
A thing.

And then there is bigger shit exploiting the souls just like they exploit others.

Our essence can change. It can grow and evolve.
But it can’t always succeed when it’s put on the back burner or left in god’s incapable hands.

I will change, i will try my best to change in good ways,
but at the end of the day i am not entirely in control. So, we’ll have to wait and see.

Personalities and behaviors can grow and evolve, but not the essence of your soul. What you choose to do with what you have available is the change you are referring to but it doesn’t transcend lifetimes as a new you, the essence of the original you remains a fixture that can’t be denied.

"WendyDarling

I wonder about this Wendy. If we are capable of change in the above regard, how could that NOT change our essence?
As we grow, wouldn’t we also be capable of taking on a new “essence” or a more transformed one?
As something is affected, something else is also affected.

The essence of our origin which came out of that primordial soup is far different today than it was at that time.

Would I be wrong here, as per your above statement, in thinking that essence to you is really the *soul"?

It’s like being born white, while you may tan and act black (like that white chick who ran a chapter of the NAACP posing as an African American because she felt black), your reality is that you are white.

Are you saying that the essence you originally have can never be changed even if you want it to
And if you are what then is the change that inevitably happens to every one over their life time

Most people are only learning about who they are during their lifetime and who they are does not change from birth to death whatsoever…only their perceptions and behaviors change, not their core self.

Perceptions and behaviour are actually determined by your essence
And you can not have one at birth for it has not yet been developed

There are aspects of who we are which are, as they say, hardwired. These tend to be persistent through our lives. But nothing is permanent. Change is a fundamental law of existence.

Sometimes it’s a matter how fast things change. Other times it’s a matter of how frequently things reacquire their prior states.

Not everything changes all the time. In my mind’s eye you are giborgia and as I finish this sentence you are still giborgia in my mind’s eye. Yep, still giborgia. Even as time passed and you and I both aged, you remain giborgia.

Your essence is already formed before birth. It transcends time and it never, ever, ever changes. True, your perceptions and behaviors change within the scope of your design as you discover or rediscover who you are, but you don’t. You cannot run from yourself. You cannot be another self. There is no changing who you are, just what you choose to do with who you are.

Change may be an illusion to keep us from boredom.

I thought I was gibmegib earlier. :wink:

What you’re talking about is recurrence of identity. In your mind’s eye, the same identity is attributed to me every time you think of me–but then your mind wonders off and thinks of something else. The identity in your mind simply comes back. As for the real me, I am always changing. My body sheds cells and regenerates others. My mind is never still for an instant. But like you, I will always identify myself as ‘gib’. But this is a recurrence, not a constant.

Your immortal soul doesn’t change. You are an absolute. <—Yes, I went there. :evilfun: How has your essence changed since you were a child?

I don’t believe essences are things we carry around with us, I believe they are things we project onto stuff. Since I was a child, I’ve grown physically and mentally. I’m not the same person I used to be. I still recognize a continuum between the child I once was and the adult I am now, and that’s what keeps bringing up the same self-identity in my mind (which I project as my essence), but like I said, that’s a recurrence, not a constant.