Was a soldier in the Punic Wars able to imagine the Oscars?

What is the exact link between creator and creation? If a creation can be imagined before its existence, is its creator actually a creator?

First question: Boredom
Second: Yes

Why is the ability of the soldier in the Punic Wars being questioned boredom?

You’ve never served in a Alpine Environment as a soldier before.

Got a lot of time to think of shit you can do if only you were warm.

That’s not an explanation for why.

And yet it is an example. Quite the paradox. Is now really the time to abandon your philosophy?

What philosophy?

Daseiny Daesin, Smee McGee…

I think you of all people Shelly, should affirm your future philosophy, as you’ve always have known it. Don’t plea ignorance now.

I don’t even know how to respond to this…

Why? People should be expected to possess the ability of foresight. The soldier in question I imagine should’ve possessed the ability to foresee all of the threads on this site, as well as the current Republican National Convention.

He did.

I don’t know if there is an exact link. I don’t like that word.
You used the word “imagined”. I think that that is the No. 1 link, a really strong one. It has to be imagined or 'seen" within the mind before it can be brought into existence.
Another might be intuition - the ability to see possibilities where others do not.

Doesn’t all creation begin with the mind as a kind of seed?

Was a soldier in the Punic Wars able to imagine the Oscars?

Why would he?

But some actor in a movie having played a soldier in the Punic Wars and receiving an academy award for that ~~ or not ~~ might be able to have imagined being a soldier in the Punic Wars.

A seed was planted within his brain/mind and the “acting” soldier in the war gave rise to either faulty memories or real memories retained somewhere within his genes or DNA.

:laughing: Quien sabe!!

Yes. The ability of the mind is the creator, but owing to what logic?

I think it’s possible for a moment, but the soldiers mind would have to be focused on other things a majority of he time, so no true depth of understanding or knowledge would have been able to flourish with the imagining if he did. He would have to push it aside to consider tactics, strategies, orders both giving and receiving, focus on the enemy, staying strong and in the moment instead of letting the mind drift too much, etc. If he survived the war, he’d then still have to focus on the then modern society and his own concerns if not also societies concerns. Having fought a war, might want peace and pursue those thought strings, or might want more fighting and war and pursue those whether able to obtain such or not in any of the strings of thought or physicality. Would he even know what he imagined, would there be words for it peppering his brain at the same time or just the imagery, would it be accurate or would it be like our dreams where it’s close to our reality, but still very different?

The individual’s mind is the creator. It’s “ability” is a function of it.

I don’t see it as a question of logic unless by logic above you simply mean something that makes sense, that follows or works according to its very nature.
It’s more a case of the philosophy of the mind - the nature of how one’s individual mind works, thinks, how it perceives things, how conscious it is, how it interfaces with the outside world around us due to its chemicals/neurons, personal historical background. It’s like a stew. lol

Is there truly such a thing as an individual mind?

So are you saying that it would have been possible for that soldier back then to imagine something like the oscars which we have now? Was there something way back then in those cultures akin to our oscars?
I’m agnostic in many things so I’d say no to my first sentence…unless there was something.
This soldier would have had to be quite the thinker and the dreamer to have imagined the oscars…and maybe there were many time outs/truces during all of this period.

We imagined the possibility of someday being able to fly with machines due to the flight of birds.
Could there have been something akin to the oscars back then and would they have even cared to reflect on something so trivial into the future?
#-o

The soldier in question represents anyone. Apart from the Oscars, I’m inspired to think if this individual could imagine any teenager’s history at any school, in any country - say in the year 2000. Could the soldier have imagined any teenager’s drama lesson at any high school sixteen years ago, in either the US or UK, or Tehran?
Should it be special, if this soldier had this ability? Is the ability foresight something that should be referenced, en masse, just like how movies are referenced, or employment rates, or police or senate inquiry’s or a festival?

Ah, I see that you have escaped from the Borg matrix. :laughing:
Just give it time. You will eventually come to perceive your “own” “individual” mind and will (so to speak).

What is it that makes us “individuals”? Our own human experiences, patterns of our brains forming due to conditioning, et cetera, the way we “perceive” and “feel” things, the way in which our brain chemistry and neurons dance and interface with the outside world.

I think that in a sense our minds are inter-connected but at the same time they are individual ones - unless we choose to see otherwise and what a pity that would be.
Fiction becoming horrible truth - the Borg! Eeeeekkkkk!