Poverty

Billy Boy is often quoted as being the wealthiest person on Earth but if there is a wealthiest person then there must also be the poorest person on Earth (who is it?).

What is the measure of wealth?

A wealthy person has enough whereas a poor person doesn’t have enough.

He died.

Who replaced him?

I think the point is that poor people die all the time and no one’s placing them in the spot light like a Donald Trump celebrity (and if they did, it would change too rapidly like an assembly line on overdrive).

Are you assuming I didn’t get the point?

Well, if you did, what was the point of your question?

If the poorest you can be is dead, how do you measure the “next” poorest person who replaces the dead ones?

How about the third poorest person in the world?

He died too, buried in the same mass grave as the first.

Who would be the billionth poorest person in the world?

That would be Jim Dawson. He lives three blocks down from me. He’s not as bad as he used to be.

Sorry to break the news to you but Mr Dawson died on the operating table last night while trying to become Ms Dawson.

Thats that happens when you have recreational, state funded surgery.

Gender dysphoria is in the ICD-10 and DSM-5 and probably people with it experience poverty of gender.

Doesn’t matter if it is in, or not, or how we categorize it, or are aware. As I’ve pointed out in the past, it us too widely applied, given a hermaphrodite on this forum became convinced he had it too… which is a bizarre conclusion, as I am certain nothing is wrong with his orbital frontal cortex. And anatomically speaking, calling something a sexual disorder and a mental disease is anatomically pointless.

We are allowing these people to mutilate their bodies, in defiance to the Hippocratic Oath, with obvious statistical long term consequences to suicide, for profit and emotional blackmail. It is rather obvious the reasons why they are motivated to do so, but we shouldn’t allow us to be drawn into the emotional blackmail anymore than we would with someone of a similar disorder. Reason doesn’t solve lesions or physical damage to the mind. It is unfortunate it occurs in the very midst of the mind that calculates emotional thought, the ability to read the physical appearance of others, and our ability to accept a physical sense of self (among other things, I’m talking about a parallel process in two hemispheres that controls a lot of activity).

The ability of a psychologist to pronounce on a mental disorder is motivated by two factors… the ability for diagnosis must be meaningful to the patient and the psychiatric community, and secondly, must he profitable.

Whatever undermines the two is risky, and will be quickly tossed aside. Psychology needs to stick more to lesion studies and anatomy, and less to playing politics, in a triage attempt to save the esteem and bottom line to their profession. If disorders exist, it must exist in more than just a diagnostic form… it must be real and independent of the psychologist… this means they are not the final dictator on what is and isn’t, and can be horrifyingly incorrect when it is the safest, not to mention the easiest outcome.

These disorders take place in the very place where emotional processing of physical characteristics occur, it is going to always be hard. Yet they don’t shy away when you have cases of excessive tattooing, or can’t recognize faces after a accident, or sense when someone is taking advantage of you.

Same areas process (or should I say can’t process) in these circumstance.

Due to our insistence that all like is like, a lot of people who have just abnormal birth defects, or injuries from accidents, are walking around bizarrely with the gender dysphoria label, despite everything is functioning okay.

Is a Russian Olmpian, originally female, who spend decades on steroids, dysphoric if she was encouraged to take the drugs by the Soviets in order to remain competitive? He motivations wasn’t gender, she was being pragmatic, the changes come as a shock afterwards… that is perfectly healthy… no different than seeing your calves grow, and wanting tract shoes. It isn’t a gender issue till you notice it is, and given these athletes have obvious sexually male physical traits, you can understand why over decades they would just give up and call themselves by the opposite sex… nobody recognizes them anymore.

This is a world of difference from someone who tries to purposely do this though. They are seeking it due to a failure of other systems. The impulse of women to pretty up isn’t feminine, men have it too, and Amish women and female monastics don’t seem to have it at all. When you bring it to a extreme of saying “I am not really this, I am that, I must mutilate my body to be like that, for authenticity” is where medical ethics enter into a free fall, if we cooperate. They don’t change sex except superficially. Hardly solves their issues long term… just nobody takes them seriously enough to explain this to them. People are either falsely liberal, saying do whatever you want to yourself, damn the consequences (a philosopher should never shy away from explaining the consequences, part of our job) or repulsed (same part of the mind ironically, won’t accept any variation on a theme) and saying either A or B.

Some people can’t process it like this. Doesn’t mean we as a society accept theur actions, just be aware they can’t, for a range of reasons, but mostly due to a mental malfunction governing their reason. We should never agree to the story line that it is great they advocate mutilation of genitalia, yes… it causes distress, but most are well enough even then if treated with the truth, realizing their ability in this area to reason is compromised well outside the norm, they can at least put a few pieces of the puzzle together. As I pointed out to Trixie, guy who work out excessively at the gym have a closely related form of sexual dysphoria, very very close, yet we legally prohibit very similar steroids and hormones for them, despite it being dakn near identical… the big difference being they don’t try to cut their dick off.

Yet you do the same thing, but this time you gotta cut your dick off, and slap a dress on, we gotta rework our entire diagnostic system of medicine, not to mention legal system, to accommodate. That is absolutely absurd… it is practically the same disorder. Why?

Because it isn’t exactly the same socialky… slight differences in how we accept weight lifters and obsessive divas in our society, as a byproduct of thinkers like Ayn Rand… for in their view, somehow philosophy isn’t supposed to be able to figure out what motivates us to pick what we want. She did it in a effort to justify free market capitalism (don’t sell machettes to Rwandans using this excuse), yet we now apply to to a frightening range of mental disorders. It is the fetish that increasingly defines our civilization. A lot of confusion and suicide arise from it. A lot of families are destroyed in the process of jot being honest and sincere philosophically too. There is no magic pill that can cure this precisely because it is taboo to even look, but at the same time, too much evidence exists something odd is going on, too many people seek help, to make it go away. It is a uncomfortable point of inquiry, and the diagnosis that doesn’t match political expedience is crushed by a howling, angry mob that is largely ignorant.

It is a issue for me as it was a issue for a time for my brother (you can snap out of it), and at least one (not two) members of the forum. If you can look down at your body… your natural born body and come back with absolute confusion, and everyone on the street agrees something is off with it… by the staring and quirk remarks, despite your efforts to blend in, it means you don’t have gender dysphoria. Means your body is fucked, but your mind is functioning normally. When you modify it from it’s normal, and that us when everyone starts staring, sneering, and yelling no… that is evidence of a mental disorder. We don’t solve it by saying it is a great thing to continue on, go get that surgery on the tax payers dime, everybody else will adapt our Morales we use to find mates, establush families, to fit your confusion.

It is taking the emphasis on building wheelchair ramps for the handicap to absurd lengths. That society has to be constantly yelled at and suppressed for functioning normally, for the sake of the peace of mind of one disorder. We don’t do this at all for other mental diseases.

“mutilate bodies violation of hippopotamus oath”

In that case, all surgery is a violation of hippopotamus oath, because it involves damaging cell tissue and potential risk to the patient.

Goodbye surgery, hello heart disease.

No, the latter is in pursuit of health, when death or being lame is the natural result of not being treated. The whole point of “First, do no harm” is to focus the methodology on known techniques, or at least learned competent ones in cases of novel expediency (emergency rooms have novel cases, but these are very experienced doctors) and not getting loose and inventive with potentially destructive and irreversible applications, be it surgery or medicine. Thus rule doesn’t rule out incompetent, ignorant quackery like “stand on your head to treat your cancer” but it will give a basis to ethical prescriptions in regards to prohibiting someone opening up a skull with a borrowed drywall drill bit to treat a headache.

There are ancient medical schools who do denounce surgery though, so your not in absolute philosophical isolation Trixie… in certain eras, doctors had a horrific success rate. It isn’t the case anymore… save for circumstances like with some of your fellow grannies who commit suicide years later after realizing they’ve made a mistake, can’t have children, still can’t be accepted, it isn’t like they presumed, or they still have the same issues, never went away. Not all, but enough that it becomes scary… it us a ethical nightmare, on par with the absurd experimentation that occurred in the late 29th and early to mid twentieth centuries on psychiatric patients. Not much difference, just we give it a more orthodox acceptance, but still everybit as horrific. A lobotomy aimed at eliminating confusion isn’t any better or worst than a physical surgery on the body to get it to conform to fetished desires… both should be resisted.

Minor cosmetic applications like teeth whiteners or eye liner aren’t permanant. A guy slapping on a dress periodically isn’t either. Its why you start injecting them with hormones or cutting into them the ethical issues pop up… the vanity issues can come and go in the former, but morphing the body isn’t easily changed.

There is a big difference. Again, in eras where your barber cutting into you could kill you… your argument has validity. In a future era, when surgeries or whole bodies can be reversed or grown with ease, mine regarding medical ethics less… but in our era, it is a absurd barbarity, shouldn’t be done. Once I see a male monkey give birth to a baby, grow old and die as a normal female, I will change my perspective… but only for such tech… it remains in place as wrong for the medicine of our era.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should as a medical professional. Prudence avoids a lot of medical adventurism. Leave the experimentation to the highly seasoned experts, and for life, sight or limb only. You shouldn’t be doing this for a quick profit. It us like the Jack London story of the guy who cut his throat… was brought to a surgeon who kept him alive, than months after he healed, at discharged told the man how to properly cut his throat so he wouldn’t be readmitted… guy stepped out with a knife, ended his life properly.

That is essentially what modern medicine is becoming.

I knew someone who paid to get a finger surgically removed simply as a form of body modification (no other reason).

Who agreed to do that?

They need to loose their medical licence.