Do atoms want nations to exist?

Where does the division apply in this case?

The proximate cause of “reality” is matter whereas the proximate cause of “the experience of reality” is the consciousness of the observer.

In other words, matter creates reality and consciousness creates the identity of reality; so consciousness creates nations.
Matter creates consciousness, therefore the question I suppose has to be the nature of the link between the former and the latter.

That is why I said proximate cause rather than ultimate cause.

How do you actually know matter creates consciousness?

What else could?

Light or virtual energy.

Does light need matter?

Some say light is just higher frequencies of matter.

In that case, consciousness may not be caused by light or matter, but the equivalent of flebotinum, or virtual particle.

Shelly, I think most of us here are failing to understand where this is coming from. It’s such an odd argument to be making: atoms don’t “intend” things, therefore we’re justified in fighting against the tendency of nations to go to war.

It would seem a lot simpler to argue: there is not justification for war, therefore we have a right to try to prevent it.

(not that that’s necessarily true, but it’s a simpler argument).

Don’t be too quick to presuppose that this is a foregone conclusion. An alternative view is that consciousness is not created by anything; it just is reality.

It’s actually a highly logical and valid argument and makes perfect sense.

It may be logical, but still odd.

If logic can be free of expectation, but pattern (reality) requires expectation, does this prove that logic and reality are in conflict with one another?

It has then found a perfect home at ILP.

Logic is not reality and so can only be in conflict with non-reality.

If logic is not reality, that means logic is anti-reality.

An apple is not an orange but that does not mean apple is anti orange.

Apples and oranges might not apply to logic. In which case, assuming fruit is because of rules and principles, logic is anti-rules.

Sorry Shelly, I don’t understand your reply.

What does the latter have to do with the former?
Energy is the name of the game here.