Letting go of the question

I experience or sense something - feels natural to me to ask questions.

I think, “why do I ask questions?” or “why am I asking this question?” - I suppose emotions come into play here - genuine interest, boredom, etc.

It is a very difficult thing to do. I try to to think in terms of “how can I take this to its end?”. Well I think that what is motivating my question (in the now), is some underlying desire - to be right, to be heard, to be expressed, to be self-justifying. I can say to myself “There is always an infinite number of answers to this question”. I can say “There is always one answer to this question that serves the purpose of justifying my desire”. Or I can say “There is always some answer to this question that externalizes the blame”. I can say “There is an answer to this question that I don’t understand, that someone else understands”. I can say “There is an answer to this question that is reconciliatory in nature”.

So great, now I’ve objectified a question and have a way, a reason, to eliminate its purpose (if I need to use this line of thinking as a tool).

The objectification of it doesn’t necessarily make the question go away. It’d be nice to be able to let go of the question sometimes

I suppose control of the question is what I really want

Possibly keep asking the question/s but let go of the answer/s.

I guess that works

Do you have an example of the type of question you ask?

Yes.

Can you share it with us?

What answer to which question can serve us best?

What is the nature of the problem?

How fast?

Do we need to slow down?