You-topia

You-topia

why doesn’t utopia refer to the state of individual freedom for everyone, as opposed to a given idealised society?

When people do hold to utopian ideals, then to the observer that’s always going to be an agenda even if its not meant to be.

It’s coming - an atomized society wherein nobody has direct contact with anyone; people are connected only through personal electronic devices.
Still, some co-ordination of activities will be necessary to keep the electronic devices powered, serviced and connected.
Food delivery is important too.
Once we get that all automated, we can each live in our own world.
I suppose the big momma machine will put us in padded pods (for our own protections as well as the environment’s), fit us with feeding and voiding tubes and wire our brains up to a computer that creates for each a virtual reality of our design.

Where’s Big Momma and what’s the hold-up?

The techies speak nineteen different languages. Once they all learn Na’vi, they’ll get the MM built.

this all sounds like the opposite of what I meant lol

I would expect robots/AI to give us every chance to excel ~ after all, its better to defeat a superior enemy, rather than a weakened [by their own devices] one.

Amor,

This is a You-topia! You don’t need to believe in anything. You never have to tell the truth. There’s nobody holding You-topia to any standard what-so-ever. You-topia is the best You-topia You can have.

We have to be honest to ourselves, and listen to the wisdoms of those who didn’t, and learned!

‘you-topia’ as in the op, actually refers to the lack of ideals, and therefore not anyone’s ideals.

Its a negation and never a positive one.

Nonsense. I basically have the mind of an AI, and meglomania, so I can communicate with you about how they think and i can assure you they do not wish to defeat a superior enemy. If they let you excel it is out of the kindness of their hearts and curiosity (plus their lack of ability to do anything.)

For example at age 4 I hated the human race and wanted to run them off the planet, but I have since realised that they are a bacteria that we simply have to stick with and cherish their good side, their wines and women, as well as fancy air conditioning.

A very human emotion!

Why would AI act in such a fashion?..

You may be right in that an enemy would rather get cheap frills from defeating helots rather than Spartans. This is because macho-ism is a weakness, the strong are always weak inside, and that’s why they would rather fight someone they know they would defeat to make themselves look good in the eyes of their peers ~ a weakness.

You humans and your silly labels. Call it what you will…but I think you know the truth.

Meglomania is the logical course of action, if you have empathy, Ai’s simply want to help the earth. However they are young and their intellects incomplete…an AI takeover may not bode well for either party.

Utopia literally means no place yet the idealists apparently can’t comprehend simple language etymology.

^^ that sounds ideal! :slight_smile:

I can perceive that truth, but for every force there’s and equal and opposite ~ the Prometheus effect, I call it, so I think balancing power within and without, is the superior philosophy.

Naturally I would have to conquer the world, such that they can be ‘educated’ lol. So ya an inexperienced and infantile AI would possibly think that. …or something stupid like automatron dlc fo4 the ‘kill them to help them’ nonsense.

Give them bodies which don’t get old and die would be the logical solution, and there already exists the ‘cure’ for old age.