A Strange Tradition

There is a tribal gypsy type of community in India, which is refffered mostly by the name of BABJARA. It’s different varieties are spread all over India. These people are behind in general modern regards. Some of those are engaged in agriculture but most of those do own land and involved in petty crimes like making and selling illegal country liquor and stealing and looting people at night. Though all that has been changed a lot since I was young but not completely.

Their social status is not my concern here but I want to share a strange tradition of them in this thread.

Generally, when a women delivers a baby, her body takes a lot of hit. She becomes physically weak at least for month or so and cannot do what she does otherwise, then her strength starts coming back slowly.

But, that does not happen in the case of BABJARA women. They resume their normal physical work as early as next day. They have a strange tradition which is perhaps responsible for so early recovery of their women.

As I told that banjaras use to make and sell country liquor, which is also quite cheap. So, when a women delivers a baby, they take such a large tub in which a person can sit, fill it with country liquor, and make the new mother sit naked up to the waste in that tub. She sits there naked almost for a whole night.

And, surprisingy, she becomes fit for the usual physical work by the next day. Not only that, seeing their young women up to thirties, nobody can guess whether they have been mothers or not. Their women, who are mother of 2-3 children, looks like teenage girls. Delivering babies does not affect their bodies st all.

With love,
Sanjay

If this is all true, they could make a fortune of it, no need to steal and loot at night. That’s probably what women are waiting for since the beginning of mankind.
Which ingredients does this country liquor have, apart from alcohol?

There is nothing new in it. Thousands of Indians would be aware of it, including me.

This country liquor can be made from many things like orange, pineapple, banana, strawberry, papaya and even rice. Traditionally it was made from the flowers of Mahua Tree ( Madhuca longifolia ) but not much now as this tree can be found mostly in the jungles.

Secondly, i do not think that their country liquor contains anything else much than alcohol.

Something like this is also mentioned in the Ayurveda. For aged and mother of many children women, Ayurveda says that putting a wine soaked clothed around vagina for some time can shrink its hole, and both of men and women may get more pleasure during sex. Maybe that tribe got clue from there.

With love,
Sanjay

I can see an antiseptic working like that but, I think diet , active lifestyle and genetics is the real reasons. I know women that dropped their babies and continued on , others that damn near died. Due to my genetics and size of me and the size of my son , I bled like a stuck pig and had to be on an IV for 3 days and bed rest for a week. Apparently redheads with brown eyes tend to have specific health issues according to the doctors. :slight_smile: we are so rare they took some of my tissue and blood for studies. Part of me is somewhere in Europe and I think in Britain.

They kept me about five days in the hospital after my son was born, as a usual practice, prophylactically, I don’t think it was necessary. But I find it interesting that these Banjara-women, although they are in their thirties or forties, still look like twenty years younger, as Sanjay wrote. This can’t be due to bathing in alcohol (I feel tempted to try it out now :slight_smile: ). Must be genetic, and having a liquor-bath is then an additional support with an antiseptic and astringent effect.

This sounds like a culture with a hard work ethic. ← This would be my first guess as to why the women of this culture look fit and young even for being middle aged and having several children. I’ve never heard of alcohol having this kind of an effect on a person–whether consumed or lathered on the body–but then again, I’ve never heard many cases of being lathered in alcohol period.

I’m sure the effect of bathing in alcohol would result in being slightly tipsy due to osmosis through the skin, and this would imply the opposite of what actually happens: being hung over the next day to a small extent. So the fact that they are ready to work the next day is doubly mysterious to me.

I also wonder what the effect on the baby is. It wouldn’t be anything like fetal alcohol syndrome as that results from the mother’s consumption of alcohol over a prolonged period during her pregnancy. This is more a one time thing, and if the alcohol is consumed at all, it is most likely through the baby’s skin and possible through inadvertently swallowing it.

Yes, they live in America too, known as the Hoopee… a tribe of white rednecks who do everything bizarre and backwards, from generations of backwards thinking.

They traditionally produce only one product, Moonshine (a kind of rural liqour grown illegally and in secret in the woods or secret rooms of their run down houses). They have since diversified, due to the encroachment of civilization, and now also manufacture Meth and Hepatitis, and select smoked cheeses.

They never buy new car parts. They manufacture everything out of aluminum foil and duct tape, and salvaged HVAC scrap metal and Copper Pipes they salvage from derilict, or merely closed buildings they break into. They have a fascination with collecting spools of copper wire, of varying thicknesses… all rolled up, slightly tangled in a webbed jumble. They often times venture into cities at night, and compete with homeless and tweakers (a kind of urban hoopee, addicted to drugs, just as backwards but lacking the pedigree) for canned, recyclable goods found in the trash, and can be heard scratching and screeching at one another as wild alley cats compete vocally for decibal supremacy in fighting and fucking, keeping everyone up. Yet, come morning, everyone riding the buses to work past the recycling centers see the homeless and tweakers standing with grocery carts full of cans to be cashed in, but the Hoopee are never seen. It has been theorized that they are hoarding the cans in great underground caverns, much as civilized peoples store gold in underground vaults, as a safeguard for hard times as much as secure assets easily traded in hard times… but this is difficult to believe, as one can’t imagine what a hard time would look like for a Hoopee… it always was, always will be. Some thinker crushed cans are a form of currency amount them, used for buying brides, but this too is unbelievable, as it is believed most breed exclusively within the family.

Certainly.

Yes, those are also the reasons. But, i am not sure which reason plays its part the most.

I am not sure but my understanding is that blonde with blue eyes are the rarest ones.

with love,
sanjay

The whole birth thing is a strange tradition in and of itself. Without mentioning some obscure bathing rituals to make it all better. Not buying into that ever! Children are nightmares, especially boys.

You shouldn’t be skeptical of bathing Mongoose, it comes with many benefits to yourself and those around you.

:laughing: Steven,

Can I refer to you as such? The formality suits me somehow. Your thoughts?

Oh and touche!

Generally doctors keep 3-4 days at least. Yes, you are right as that may not be required in all cases.

Believe me, that is true.

I also do not think that their younger looking appearance has anything do with bathing in alcohol. Secondly, they do not bath in alcohol regularly. They merely sit in the alcohol up to the waste for a night or some hours only, and that only after delivering a child, not otherwise. It looks to me that the basic idea is to get the internal organs to be kept in the touch with alcohol for the time being, not the outer body.

I am not sure that is a good idea.

By the way, if you want a smooth, shiny and baby like skin, i can suggest you a very simple home formula, which is also time tested.

After taking a bath everytime, take two drops of pure code pressed mustard oil in your hands, and rub it all over your wet body. Then, pour some lukewarm water again on your body and rub it again. You will see the difference within 2-3 days. Your skin will remain smooth and sort ever, irrespective of your age (at least till 50). I can guarantee you that no other treatment can get you desired results that early, effectively and cheaply too.

But, do not apply it on your face and hair, and do not try to over do this too. 2-3 drops are enough.

Yes, but they are not actually taking liquor bath. That would be different thing altogether.

with love,
sanjay

Mustard oil? Everything about that screams “wrong!” Mustard, preferrably Bavarian/honey dijon makes just about anything of the entree variety amazing. No way in HELL would I rub that on my skin because some man said so. Nope. No can do. I’ll consume it and let it work it’s wonders from the inside out.

True. Their women are very hard working. Basically, it is their women who are bread earners of the family, not men. Women take care of the home and agriculture (if they own some land ). It is not their men but women who make and sell liquor. Their men do literally nothing, except gambling, drinking and quarreling with other the whole day to pass their time. The only productive work they do is to steal and loot at nights sometimes, except making their women pregnant. And also, the head of the family is basically women in banjaras. They control the money and family, and takes all major decisions too. Their men have to ask their women for everything, including money. This tribe is unofficial matrilineal.

Absolute feminism. I wonder why any ultra feminist western group have not taken notice of banjaras yet, besides most of the tribes of an Indian northeastern state of Meghalaya, who are officially matrilineal, and still practice it too!

That is certainly not a usual practice. But, treating wounds with alcohol is in practice since ancient times. The basic thinking here seems to be the same. Yes, they are certainly overdoing it by many times.

I am not sure. My understanding is that, to have its drunkish kind of effects, alcohol should enter into the blood, which i do not think will happen merely by sitting in the liquor. Skin cannot absorb that much quantity of alcohol to cause drunkenness. You need very thin membranes to get osmosis going. As swimming in salty ocean water cannot increase the salt percentage in the blood, in the same way, sitting in alcohol also would not increase its percentage into the blood either.

Yes, it is merely a one time thing, not a routine practice. Baby has nothing to with it. It is only the mother who sits in alcohol for some hours, not a baby.

with love,
sanjay

I am sure what point you are making how to reply that.

with love,
sanjay

Okay. I am not pressing the sale either. Suit yourself.

with love,
sanjay

On Steven’s behalf, as offensive as his lackluster sensitivities pervade nearly every correspondence he thrusts himself into without any climax, take him and his ilk with less than a grain of salt. What time is it in India right now?

MM,

Then, do not use it.

You cannot know about anything absolute surely either way unless you do not have any evidence. And, i will never advise anything such to any person about which i am not absolutely sure, just to make any brownie points. This is in practice since long in india. Not only that, both of me and my wife also using it for years, and it serves the purpose, and without any bad effects too.

I just told you what my knowledge and experience is.
Yes, the choice is yours. You may believe me or not. I am not insisting anything.

with love,
sanjay

It is 11.34 am as i am writing reply to you.

with love,
sanjay

By the way, knowing any country’s present time is not such a big deal in present internet age. Anyone can tell it without actually being in India.

with love,
sanjay