Clockwork Blue

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Re: Clockwork Blue

Postby Moreno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:10 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
Moreno wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:The funny thing about this astrology thing is you can never reverse engineer it. You can't just simply know a proper psycho analysis of someone, then pinpoint their birthday. Its just insurmountable evidence of it being hocus pocus snake charming doubletalk psychobabble bullshit. :)
This shows a lack of understanding of astrology, which is understandable, but still. There are many ways to arrive at traits and tendencies. So you cannot simply narrow it down to a single date and time. You could likely eliminate many dates and times, a large percentage, if you knew the person fairly well. You could, for example, have anal tendencies, in the Freudian sense, through the placement of Saturn or what is in a certain house or sign. Their will be nuances that are different, perhaps, for example motivations. But similar personalities can be built up in different ways.

What's the insurmontable evidence it is all that?

I'm saying you can't determine a birthday based on the traits. Are you arguing against that?
No, I was saying that your argument was weak and showed a misunderstanding of astrology. (which was clear)

If I say the moon is a satellite of the earth because it is pretty

I may very well be correct that it is a satellite, but wrong about my justification for that belief.

If you are taking a poll when you post here and just want people to agree or disagree with you that's fine, but have your own thread.

Here I responded to your argument.
Moreno
ILP Legend

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Moreno wrote:
No, I was saying that your argument was weak and showed a misunderstanding of astrology. (which was clear)

If I say the moon is a satellite of the earth because it is pretty

I may very well be correct that it is a satellite, but wrong about my justification for that belief.

If you are taking a poll when you post here and just want people to agree or disagree with you that's fine, but have your own thread.

Here I responded to your argument.[/quote]

Ok well I don't know how that is the case. Astrology claims to know your personality based on what day you were born, but how would that mean it can't or shouldn't know what day you were born based on your personality?
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:58 pm

peitho wrote:Pretty, petty, boy...look at you....look at moi
time and space...how incredibly deep and profound.
I found

Look at you look at Socrates, look at Nietzsche....look
Pretty, petty...boy.
So pretty you are. What wo-man would not find your words seductive?

Time and place....your fabulous.
The undefeated one...and you...a god waiting.
did you teach him this?
His "value"?

A super-model for the super-"man"...who will do
The stars....time and space...and rocks with selfishness.
So much vigor...youth.
Insanity is invigorating.
Pretty words from pretty boys...are you pretty?
I think so.
Pretty boys deserving pretty...."girls"?
Why be so limiting....pretty all.
Fuck dem all. gangsta
Girls boys, animals, stones, gods...mountains.
All for ya...oh so pretty..."man"?
No...boy.

I am rock wanting to remain rock hard...erect and stiff, for the pretty, petty, girls.
How many lies can boys use to get ....pretty boys to think them pretty?

Late for Valentines.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Personality is not quantifiable so It's impossible to give an astrologist a detailed enough description. Therefore, he can't calculate the birth date.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:20 pm

phyllo wrote:Personality is not quantifiable so It's impossible to give an astrologist a detailed enough description. Therefore, he can't calculate the birth date.

Yet some less than detailed aspects of personality are "quantifiable" from a birth date?
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:24 pm

peitho wrote:1966/02/20

Let me see you.
Show me what you are, again.

Mystic, shaman of the wann-a-bee tribe,THE Philosophers...stars and time of day yes, I must digress, with you.
Is this new...no you are reinventing it to become the new king-B.
Show me....tell me....

A massively challenging chart. No peace of mind but tremendous coherence therein (in that violence) , and pleasure. Power of the Mutable cross sans Sagittarius. A trickstr of the first order.
An impressive tension.
But Venus curiously isolated on Ptolemy's exaltation degree of Mars. Austere Venus, high matetialistic standards. Very arrogant and untied. Must see house positions to see if lucky in love.
Most astrologers will refusecto do a chart without time and place.
Up close, in Pisces: Mars Mercury, rhetorician. Pallas Moon, emotional strategist. Sun there, all this seems to come from the persons individuality. Powerful personality, domination complex through opposition all that with Virgo Uranus Pluto, generational conjunction.
This person represents an essence of a synhetic generation by putting it against pure Romance. Essentially a violently challenged romantic.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Ww
I was an idiot doing a 3 minute reading of you. I wanted to get it over with.
I overlooked that the center of your square is moon Uranus. Challenging sexual appetites to begin with. Panicky responses to own feelings which are however perfectly well coherent. Frustrating reasonless obstructions, intense pride issues. Acting too quick for ones own bemefit.

This is a traditional interpretation of your Uranal moonshine.

stromatrix

PLANET ASPECTS
MOON SQUARE URANUS'FREEDOM IN SPITE OF SECURITY'
See if you have Moon Square Uranus with the free natal birth chart report
Moon Square Uranus
Image Link

The square's characteristics are quite similar to the opposition, indicating a clash of disparate energies and personality signals. Relationships are likely to be a battleground; and your domestic life will remain unsettled whenever you struggle with unresolved inner conflicts. While you are mentally alert and quite clever, one challenge could be how you apply your talents. Finding a satisfactory outlet could also benefit your inner balance; failure to do so, through lack of discipline and application, will only exacerbate personality conflicts. You are capable of releasing restrictions from the past; but an idea path for you would be founded on well-established ways (the lunar influence), which also allow enough freedom to explore new horizons (to satisfy Uranus). The problem is how to achieve this balance. Your usual experience involves relinquishing the past, so that you feel free to experience the new. How to do this without unnecessary disruption or pain - for example, by finishing relationships - is the challenge. If you allow the Uranian impulse to dominate, it may sweep away most of your life foundations. While this can create a temporary excitement at glimpsed potentials and a promise of unrestrained liberty, there will inevitably come the time when a consolidation phase to re-anchor roots is necessary. Unlimited freedom is hard to handle without losing stability. Within relationships, several vital lessons may need to be learned. These are co-operation, commitment, responsibility, compromise, and shared decision-making. You have no innate right to be always dominant, authoritative, or right, expecting a partner to acquiesce to your will or bow to your need for freedom when you do not allow the partner the same rights. Changing your behavior patterns to be more positive and creative will work wonders; and intimacy will become more fulfilling for all concerned. Don't reject your life-style as unsatisfying, or be tempted to 'throw it away' in search of new excitement
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby peitho » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Jakob wrote:
A massively challenging chart. No peace of mind but tremendous coherence therein (in that violence) , and pleasure. Power of the Mutable cross sans Sagittarius. A trickstr of the first order.
An impressive tension.
But Venus curiously isolated on Ptolemy's exaltation degree of Mars. Austere Venus, high matetialistic standards. Very arrogant and untied. Must see house positions to see if lucky in love.
Most astrologers will refusecto do a chart without time and place.
Up close, in Pisces: Mars Mercury, rhetorician. Pallas Moon, emotional strategist. Sun there, all this seems to come from the persons individuality. Powerful personality, domination complex through opposition all that with Virgo Uranus Pluto, generational conjunction.
This person represents an essence of a synhetic generation by putting it against pure Romance. Essentially a violently challenged romantic.

Spot on...he's the real deal folks
A mind to be discovered as a great sage in the future.
He has insight into Magic.
A warlock among us.
peitho

Postby Jakob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:02 pm

WW at the same time your moon trines Neptune. An aspect that softens the other but by dissolution into trances.

This is a free association an astrologer gives for Moon Neptune aspects in general.

Comfortable being a martyr. Comfortable with selflessness. Comfortably numb. Delusional feelings. Delusional hunches. Wanting to escape. Emotionally elusive. Self-pity. Refined emotions. Refined sensitivity. Emotionally delicate. Emotionally confused. Compassionate feelings. Artistic sensitivity. Imaginary emotions. Feeling comfortable with lies. Compassion for your mother. Feeling like a victim. Fluctuating imagination. Inconsistent imagination. Inconsistent compassion. Feeling comfortable in the world of imagination. Feeling comfortable dropping out. Feeling comfortable with sensitive people. Comfortable being around people you feel sorry for. Living in fantasy world. Overly idealistic longings.

Lack of emotional boundaries. Merging with other people emotionally. Merging with your mother. Absorbing too much of your mother’s emotional states. Merging spiritually. Taking on other people’s feelings. Inability to discern where your feelings stop and another person’s emotions start. Emotional sponge. Emotional sensitivity overload.

Overly sensitive to the emotional environment. Letting other people’s moods seep into your emotions. Merging with your mother. Merging with the women in your life. Inability to cope with cold, hard reality. Unrealistic emotional expectations. Blurring emotional boundaries. Because your boundaries are blurry, you think everything relates to you or is about you. You blame yourself for circumstances that have nothing to do with you. You blame yourself for reactions in others that have nothing to do with you. You pick up on the emotions around you. You are psychically sensitive to the way other people are feeling. You are the first to ask, “What’s wrong? Are you OK? Is everything alright?” You desperately want to merge with something greater than yourself. Seeking to merge through drugs or alcohol use. Seeking to merge through spiritual practice.

Seeking to merge through music and film. Surrendering to cinema. Surrendering to music. Surrendering to dance. Watching movies makes you happy. You let go and escape through film. Photography makes you happy. Dance makes you happy. Having no responsibilities makes you happy. Spirituality makes you happy. Music makes you happy. You let go when you play an instrument. You like dancing by yourself. Seclusion due to hypersensitivity. Retreat. Isolation, to avoid the abrasive outside world. Emotional disintegration. Emotionally diffuse. Confused habits.

Emotionally frazzled. Caring for the sick, weak or injured. Caring for people who are down on their luck. Charitable intentions. Empathy. Unselfish emotional expression. Seeing mom as a victim. Seeing mom as a martyr. Liking sensitive, refined, gentle women. Liking spiritually-inclined women. Liking women who are compassionate and empathetic. Interested in psychic phenomena. Having psychic intuition. Having a psychic connection to your mother. Chaotic, undefined, difficult to grasp feelings. Vague feelings and hunches. Inability to pinpoint how you feel. Emotionally frail. Spreading your emotions thinly. No awareness of having a separate emotional life. An emotional life that is tangled up with the people around you. Inability to separate what you feel from what other people feel. Picking up the habits of the people around you. You need to be careful who you live with.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby peitho » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 pm

I feel so, so, naked....vulnerable.
As though he were peering into my soul, and not me displaying my nature openly....seeing my most private side.

So many details only few know about.
Only my most intimate friends....and family could have known and yet, he saw....he, saw, ME!!!

Time
8:00 am

Place
Sparta Greece

I do declare...I think I dropped what was left of my dignity.
Last edited by peitho on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
peitho

Postby peitho » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Transference of performance to stars, not stars to performance.
No time and place given.
The entire planet was Pisces on that date.
All born on that day share this "reading'.
A clan of Pisceans roaming around.

The stars acting as a mystical vehicle to express evaluations by observation, then claiming humility to hide judgment.
The Priest using God, the holy spirit, to express his opinion.
Magician wanting to imply he is channeling natural forces, and not using his judgment, based on evaluation of patterns displayed freely, over time.
peitho

Postby phyllo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:45 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
phyllo wrote:Personality is not quantifiable so It's impossible to give an astrologist a detailed enough description. Therefore, he can't calculate the birth date.

Yet some less than detailed aspects of personality are "quantifiable" from a birth date?
Maybe you should look up quantifiable in the dictionary. Nobody has even gotten a quantified personality profile from astrology.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Uccisore » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Jakob wrote:Anybody interested in giving me his her birthdate / time and place, I'll give a astrological reading.
I can do it for any chart, your grandmothers, someone you wish to understand better - a date that has significance, etc.

Id welcome skeptics, giving me false dates to trick me.

May 28th, 1977. Maine, U.S.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:13 pm

phyllo wrote:
WW_III_ANGRY wrote:

Maybe you should look up quantifiable in the dictionary. Nobody has even gotten a quantified personality profile from astrology.

I know the definition of quantifiable, you're the one that brought it up as if it was some sort of reason why it shouldn't be able to calculate the birth date. A birth day is not a quantity, for one. Secondly, I had no idea why you used quantifiable, which is why when I used it, I hoped to use it with whatever bizarre meaning that you may have meant it as. Which apparently you didn't use it in a bizarre way.

So in any case, if someone is providing a personality from a birth day, then they should also be able to provide a birth day from a personality. Or at least a general guesstimate of a birthday. Unless, it doesn't matter what personality they have because its not related to their birthday. If that is the case, then of course, we have bullshit here in astrology.

That's the claim. Hope it makes sense now. No need to bring up quantities to this type of discussion.
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby Harbal » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Jakob wrote:I was an idiot
Has something changed?
Harbal
Thinker

Postby phyllo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:31 pm

So in any case, if someone is providing a personality from a birth day, then they should also be able to provide a birth day from a personality. Or at least a general guesstimate of a birthday. Unless, it doesn't matter what personality they have because its not related to their birthday. If that is the case, then of course, we have bullshit here in astrology.

That's the claim. Hope it makes sense now. No need to bring up quantities to this type of discussion.
FFS

Arrogant, very arrogant, and extremely arrogant are personality traits but they are not quantified personality traits. Quantified traits would require a standardized system of measurement.

With measurement systems for a large number of traits, then you could potentially relate the personality traits back to a birth date.

As it is, astrology claims to be able to identify some general personality traits based on the position of heavenly bodies at the time of birth. These are qualified traits not quantified traits.

qualified : 2. limited, modified, or restricted; not absolute
Last edited by phyllo on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Here is a really simple example which shows that you can get some information from a place and date of birth, but you cannot calculate the place and date of birth from that information:

Given place of birth and date of birth, calculate age of person.

Easy.

Given age of person, calculate date of birth.

Not possible.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Jakob wrote:
I was an idiot

Harbal
wrote:
Has something changed?

:mrgreen:
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:08 pm

phyllo wrote:Here is a really simple example which shows that you can get some information from a place and date of birth, but you cannot calculate the place and date of birth from that information:

Given place of birth and date of birth, calculate age of person.

Easy.

Given age of person, calculate date of birth.

Not possible.

Place of birth has nothing to do with the date of birth. If you give someone the date of birth, you have the age obviously. If you have the age, you can calculate the year or date of birth, depending on how well defined the age is.
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:09 pm

phyllo wrote:

FFS

Arrogant, very arrogant, and extremely arrogant are personality traits but they are not quantified personality traits. Quantified traits would require a standardized system of measurement.

With measurement systems for a large number of traits, then you could potentially relate the personality traits back to a birth date.

As it is, astrology claims to be able to identify some general personality traits based on the position of heavenly bodies at the time of birth. These are qualified traits not quantified traits.

qualified : 2. limited, modified, or restricted; not absolute

Yes, so the question is, what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby phyllo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:24 pm

](*,)
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Jakob wrote:Magnus coming up later. From what I remember from the glance I took, if the time is pre-noon or noon, this person will have mother issues, some tyrannical shit with that, some abusiveness with nurture.
If it is much later in the day that may not be as bad as all that.

More complete analysis later.

Waiting for it. I don't really know the time, but you can give multiple readings, then we'll see which one fits the best.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:09 pm

peitho wrote:I feel so, so, naked....vulnerable.
As though he were peering into my soul, and not me displaying my nature openly....seeing my most private side.

So many details only few know about.
Only my most intimate friends....and family could have known and yet, he saw....he, saw, ME!!!

Time
8:00 am

Place
Sparta Greece

I do declare...I think I dropped what was left of my dignity.

Lol.

Later.

Habral, I was an idiot _to_ do something specific. I know you're a fulltime idiot but still. Get it together. Most predictable attempt ever. No wonder SM thought it was funny. Congrats.
SM is another coward pike you, always on the sidelines, always thinking she is entitled to my company.

In the meantime all the responses and incoming dates seem to say I am uncannily on point. Which I know.

Ucci, coming up later.

Oh WW wasn't that painfully accurate, about Your Anus?

(Trying to be as hilarious as you and Cabral)

Magnus, I have limited time. Any chance you can verify or diacard the mother thing?

With this being a free service and many of the ones asking for a reading largely spitting my face, its not ideal circumstance to give it my all, which is of course preferable.
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:19 pm

That's fine. I was checking you didn't forget it.

Regarding the mother thing, it is possible. I can't tell you with certainty and I can't verify, but the person once told me that they threw a knife at their mother. So who knows?
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Harbal » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Jabok wrote:I know you're a fulltime idiot but still.
That's just a lucky guess.
Harbal
Thinker

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox