If knowledge is power...

Then what is wisdom?

And please, no dictionary definitions, instead use your own ideas, thoughts, and voice.

Bump!

Tell me what you think wisdom is.

You first

Wisdom is knowledge. Also experience, regardless of having the experience yourself too.

What’s the difference between wisdom and knowledge?

Strategic victory.

Wisdom is knowing when, when not, why, why not, how and how not to use knowledge.

Wisdom is the application of knowledge such that it achieves a particular goal. That goal must include a reduction in the number of current problems and/or future problems. A person is not wise if they started with one problem and when they finished they had two or more problems. A wise person is a problem solver not a problem creator. A knowledgable person is not necessarily concerned with problem solving.

A single shot to the head would accomplish that. :sunglasses:

So wisdom is application of knowledge?
I disagree that wisdom is only problem solution.
If a person doesn’t have problems, then it maybe wise to create one.
Creating problems is necessary while bored or apathetic, a sign of luxury or “too much time on your hands”.

It’s wise to create a labyrinth or game that others cannot beat or solve, yet enjoy attempting.

You need problems to not be bored?
Interesting outlook on life.

Intellectuals are knowledgeable. Intellectuals solve problems. Geniuses are wise and knowledgeable. Geniuses prevent problems from occurring in the first place.

Or maybe a beheading

If knowledge is power, what is wisdom?

Thirteen replies, culminating in bullets to the brain and beheading.

26/01/15

#-o

Lots of words! Do you have any examples for each category?

Answers were given.
It culminated before the bullet and beheading.
It degraded with the bullet and the beheading.

Sorry, I missed it! It’s Burn*s Night over here! Some of us start early! And wisdom is…

scientia est potentia vs . sapientia est potential
It is a clear cut dictionary definition but the OP does not want to go down this path:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom

The OP needs to be clear of the path it wants to take or accept the path that is taken.

It wouldn’t be wise to argue with Wikipedia!

Off with his head!