Bless God

Not really. It was Jesus the man God who came up with the Sermon on the Mount. It was Confucious who came up with, among others, the Golden Rule. These are not the average philosphies of the man on the street.

ier–it involves choice…which jesus do you follow

Well, maybe you can separate the two, but if you hold them both as one, as both human and divine, I would say that that would be a mighty beacon to be guided by. Here you have your god and here you have a human, who was just as human as you. The human part one can identify with more being that you are human more so than the divine part.

For those who do believe.

I didn’t separate the two…they did that at the council of nicea in 325 ad…the split is still in the church…I see it in my church with my own little turtle eyes…

:laughing: That was my favorite part of all.

The way of all nature, perhaps.

Jesus never said, “worship me”; he said “follow me.”
“God became as we are so that we could become as God is.”

And what is a person if not a way?

we don’t know anything about gods…it is all belief

Reality definitely has a personality.
To tell ancient people and their offspring to not refer to it as a “person” is pushing one’s authority.

That is only partially true.
There were and are also some indivisuals, to whom it was/is not a matter of mere belief, but hard personal evidence.
This minority was considerd as an authority in the past. That is from where other gather their belief.
Having said that, still there is a possibility of the presence of some cons there in that elite group.

It is up to an individual to discern and choose.

with love,
sanjay

sanjay—can you say more about the “hard personal evidence”…are you talking about facts or science or what…thanks from harry

One suspects s/he is talking about personal anecdotes. The kind where someone is convinced they had a particular experience but does not have the “hard evidence” to convince everyone else.

Turtle,

The assumption of lambiguopus is more or less right, except of the term anecdotes.
Those may be stories to else, but not for me. at least.

It is a long post so i am providing a link below-
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=181854#p2376825

Go through it. Now, suppose just for the sake of an argument that i am not lying, what should i believe; what others say or what i personally experienced?

with love,
sanjay

Mine too. Jesus’ ownests favourite too, too. He tole.

What is that “IS”, Ierrellus, that we were meant to become?

Yeah. Are you saying this was all planned, by god?
Are we like god, now?
Hm.

Not sure if that is such a good thing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap5_mGX134k[/youtube]

Jakob

Many do think this way. This would take away free will or at least free choice to my way of thinking.
Of course, that does not mean that I am incapable of seeing some things which would at least appear to be by design and not so random.

Trump would probably say yes. I would give that a resounding NO.

That would make God a puppeteer to my way of thinking.
Who would want to intuit a god who simply pulls our strings and expects us to dance to that music?

Without a sense of the teleology of existence religion, as belief in a God, would cease to exist. Biological determinism suggests purpose behind human evolution.