Who here is an alpha male?

You have assumed that it is I who look for them…

Perhaps Alpha is different things to different women… trait adjustments made, for individual needs… males, having to be able to keep other males at bay, even after pairing.

Metropolises know no loyalty… unlike smaller societies, and even then…

There’s a difference between “alpha male” in the dreams of females (ought) and alpha males in reality (is).

There’s also a difference between what females have come to learn is within their ability to attract. If they can’t attract the most attractive, they adjust their expectations and preferences to avoid cognitive dissonance. If they didn’t, they would all be after a much smaller number of males, with less male attention to their individual offspring than would be possible if females would “settle”, which they do because that works so much better.

There’s what females say they want, and what gets wanted in reality - and I trust the latter and not the former one bit, sorry.

No need to apologise…

While what you said is mostly correct, that isn’t exactly why men destroy the ecosystem.

Men destroy the ozone mainly because they all know that if they don’t work really hard to impress a woman, they will have a tougher time getting a girl. So they use gasoline instead of wind turbines because, 2 reasons. Wind turbines are weak, and makes them seem soft and caring. And there are women who say they want brutish men who don’t care about the environment. And the women who say they want a man who cares about the environment, they really do care about the environment, but won’t date a man unless he has money. So they use gas to make more money. Then there’s the occasional guy who invents a technology that women date him for his money, and say “Oh he’s such a great guy who cares about the environment.” Meanwhile, someone born later, who didn’t invent the technology, and who cares about the environment, is bullied at school and called gay, women try to ban the bullying and give sympathy, and some women are even willing to put out in highschool when he is young and virile, but once that person becomes an adult, and loses their neoteny, they can’t get laid. And women could care less what’s in that man’s heart. Gravitating to the money. If you can’t follow the cause of something, follow the money. Anyway that kid will grow up to a villain who could care less about the environment, and probably litters for fun just to get back at what is often a zero-sum world.

Agreed. Tallness is not the deciding factor, but rather, the ability to be douchey, and to fit in with a crowd. That, and money.

Again, modern civilization sees another inversion of reality: In nature it is males who stand out who get noticed. But nowadays, its about blending in, following the latest trends, not being too aggressive, and regurgitation. Mainly its about looks, men who look like models get full inboxes. But if they can’t get the looks, then most women will settle for someone they will use for money. And by looks, I mean its kind of like a binary system. Men who look like 10s will get everything, 9 and 8s will get hardly anything, anything below a 7 will get nothing unless they have a big dick or money. And again, its another inversion of reality, feminists claim its men who care about looks the most, but everybody knows horny men will fuck anything, even a tree, as long as it doesn’t look totally ugly. In nature its females who care about looks, and colourful glamourous males get the chicks, but again another inversion of nature colourful glamourous drag queens do it to get the dudes. During the 80’s there was a brief moment where nature wasn’t inverted but that time has long since passed.

I am not so sure about the individual needs perspective but it can be a personal perspective.

Alpha male traits to me, besides an all-around practical and great intelligence which is actually used in an intelligent way, would be ~

Bravery, like courage under fire, physical and spiritual (not religious) endurance and strength, the ability to think, strategize and act/follow through to gain powerful results, the capacity for great empathy and compassion, thorough knowledge of what his purpose and place in the world is…

I may be back with more. lol

All of the qualities suggested in this thread have one thing in common which will be obvious to anyone here - an alpha is someone who controls his environment, rather than someone who is being controlled by it.
Tallness fits here simply as giving more of an overview, a perspective offering more in terms of control.

It is true that Napoleon wasn’t a a typical alpha male, nor was Hitler, though Caesar and Alexander both were. Napoleon worked through the powers of his first wife, Hitler required enormous podiums and an upward salute. Obama would not have been elected had he been a few inches shorter, JFK neither.

The ability to be quite passive about ones dominant properties suggests a deep seated alpha mind. A lion as opposed to a tiger.

An alpha male is not necessarily a principled man, it is however someone who isn’t expected to betray himself as much. This is what evolution selects, the appearance of great integrity, because the idea of it is less problematic than the actual fact, which is what an alpha gets to learn, as his personal issues consist of the abyss between the expectation and the reality. A great burden is placed on the one who is supposed to have it all and many cant really manage it, as it speaks to more than just individual souls, it speaks for the whole of our human tribe -
So an alpha is subject directly to the expectations of a culture of itself. I think the failure of an ego under the strain of such fortune is well portrayed in the second affection of Don Draper.

You guys do realize that the concept of the alpha male has pretty much been dismissed in scientific circles, right? In fact, the guy that brought it into the discourse came to regret even doing so.

Yeah. And I made the thread in 2011 tongue in cheek. And yet there’s something about the notion of alpha male that compels regardless, no? Apparently.

Alpha male in Humanity is the Leader, Authority, Absolute responsibility, and ultimate Judicator of violence.

The Alpha male can send a nation of men into war, to kill, and to die.

Beta and lesser males live, and die, by the commands of the Alpha.

“Spouty spouty bull bull which I want to believe because it sounds tough and I’m a toughy!”.

And then there’s evidence…
Turned out on closer inspection that the “alpha” was just the dad.

But you tell a cool story bro.

Nobody respects your ideas, Silhouette.

Lol you wish. Ironic that it should be you to say this.

I’ve just skimmed but in the posts I read, it seemed like people were naming essential qualities. Stuff the person is. But if you are alpha - whether or not the concept of alpha male is a good one - it has to do with relations. How you manage not to be beta or to get others to be. Having many of the qualities, both postive and negative ones mentioned, might very well help, but it is waht you do and don’t do in relation to other people. There are some great improv exercises where people display their status. Sometimes people get a range of numbers, each person getting a number placing them low to high status. There are also games where people try to outstatus each other, to get the higher status. High status is not quite the same as alpha, but similar. And one things these exercises teach is that the alpha is defined, or rather the high status, defines him or herself, by NOT being affected. By not reacting strongly. A lot of beginners try to act tough, to dominate, to use vocal force or even physical force. But relaxation, confidence, not reacting, these immediately show high status.

trying to dominate often comes off weak, especially when those who try this are on stage with experienced improvisers.

Protection, and feeling not vulnerable to others.

Now you know I am your alpha male (in a beta kind of way (sweetheart…

Ecmandu wrote

Well stop whinging and get out there and start earning and your luck might just change. :mrgreen:

Everything in this world has a price, not necessarily monetary, do you really think a woman would choose a man who she would have to take care of, let alone give her body to?

I had it when I was a late teen. Damn, those were good times, shame I didn’t know what I had at the time + eventually ended it to chase ideals that turned out never to exist. People never even guessed she was older than me at the time even, but youth works both ways to an extent it would seem. Well, and other attributes (no, I was neither working nor rich).

Well, there’s an interesting selective quote.

I am already the man you say you want.

I will never be the man you choose.

I care about consent. Women hate that.

They want an escalation of approach at some time in a sex dimorphic species.

Anyone with wisdom knows that a man asking a women on a date is the same as defending all consent violations in the cosmos. Use your imagination.

Women loathe, detest and hate goodness.

Let’s even say, hypothetically, that I make no money, women can be the breadwinners and the male, the stay at home dad.

You’re mind is so intrenched in the princess fantasy, that I feel sorry for the man who meets your expectations.

I’m going to do all your work for you.

And when I complete the task and send every existent to heaven forever.

You won’t pick me.

Women hate goodness to the core of their being.

That’s how they’re wired.