Social construct of reality.

The past two days I have been reading a book called, The Social Construct Of Reality which discusses how all of reality including knowledge can be traced to purely social situations.

Is it possible that the human form of consciousness came about through social engineering and construction?

Man is the only one with his type of higher awareness which lately I have been contemplating if man socially constructed it for himself the past couple thousand years since that would provide the answer as to why man remains a solitare anomaly amongst all of creation having nothing or noone in comparing himself to.

Are you asking if it’s possible that society gave rise to consciousness? Or just the rational element of human consciousness? I think this goes back some old debate between Marx and Hegel. Do the circumstances give rise to the people’s mentality or vice versa?

For the sake that I am new to the subject let’s discuss both aspects.

What are the titles or names of these theories that are in hot debate by that of Marx and Hegel on this particular subject of consciousness?

Dialectical materialism?

Let’s start with one question.

Is it possible that society paved the way to man’s higher consciousness?

I think that it’s a chicken/egg debate. There’s an interdependency issue with the individual and society that makes this question not so simple.