Define Terrorism

A movement of people who seek to terrorise others.

-Imp

opsi.gov.uk/Acts/acts2000/uk … 2#pt1-l1g1

Terrorism Act 2000

Terrorism, Dan’s~ Definitive:

Any militant, aggressive, defensive or offensive action, production or set of words that the United States of America does not approve of or want.

As I’ve said to you time and again, it is not just the United States of America…

Bad behaviour to get attention.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that the ultimate point of this thread is that the U. S. engages in acts of terrorism.

Old news.

The use of scare tactics and propaganda based on fear to promote an ideology by political or militant means.

The U.S. doesn’t engage in acts of terroism, it never has and never will at least under the Bush Administration. Killing harmless people just to kill them is what constitutes terroism to me. Ring any bells Osama!

I like these definitions. Many are pretty darn close to the actual definition.

Where does the terror come in? I think you need to ellaborate on your definition. Not trying to be an asshole, but it’s just not complete.

Implied, perhaps- but I just wanted the associan made without me having to point it out.

The first thing to pop into the heads of many when they hear the word Terrorism or Terrorist is probably a Middle-eastern fella with a ski mask and an AK-47. I just assume, but I don’t really know.

Name me one religion , Gov’t or group that does not in any way coerce their people or others? Terrorism is not about killing the body only, it is about the mind. Terror/fear. Which one of us does not get a bit nervous if pulled over by a cop? We can be totally legal and done nothing wrong, but, still that little gut twisting nervous feelling kicks in a bit. The amount changes depending upon who you are and your “status” in life and what you look like. That is terrorism.

Follow my words or you will not get into these wonderful gates, you will reside in that pool of murk and pain… Terrorism

And Gee look at schools. They are a font of terroism to kids. I don’t even know where to start on them.

I can pick out terroristic properties from just about any group and so can you. Some are mild to negligable some are grossly horrible.

We are groomed to accept terror and control in our lives from the day we leave the womb. Picking on just one group belies the entire picture.

We all are terrorists in one way or another, why the surprise when it gets explosive? Why the surprise when we see leaders using it? Mom and Dad taught them, Schools taught them.

That being said, we need terrorism if we are to survive ourselves. It keeps the beast in us under control for the most part.

Murex - the killing of noncombatants is a time-honored military strategy. While the definition of “noncombatant” is a fluid one, and usually a matter of perspective, there are cases where the lines are pretty clear.

Another common practise is to bend the truth in political rhetoric and propaganda. The U. S. has engaged in acts of terrorism, at least by the definitions used by the victims, throughout its short history. Yet it condemns terrorism. Oh, my.

That’s political rhetoric, geopolitical propaganda, and also part of the strategy. It plays to any diplomatic efforts to support the overall cause. I hope this doesn’t shock you. If it does, read world history. It is very old news, indeed.

According to the definition outlined in the UK’s Terrorism Act 2000, that’s exactly what the US does. And what the UK does. And what private military firms do.

I thought Osama’s objective was a world run according to Islam, not killing people just to kill them. And the FBI said that they have no hard evidence connecting Osama to 9/11, and on their most wanted list (where Osama is number 1) 9/11 is not mentioned as a crime he’s connected with:
fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

According to Islamic combatants/ extremists there are no innocents, if you are an Islamic civilian that dies because of an islaamic bomb you are assured of a good everafter, if you die from an Islamic extremist bomb and you are not Islamic you are the enemy, so there was no terrorist act done. Perspective, terrorism is pure perspective. Those that plan the suicide bombings know the effect of the tactic. They consider it a sound effective military tactic, no terrorism on their part, except they know you consider it a terrorist act and that is what they want, kind of convuluted but, hey it works.

Yeah, Kris, which was pretty much the reason we incinerated Dresden in WWII.

There was actually a larger strategic purpose, of course, but I think you get my point.

Yep. Was raised on it.

Interesting perspective. I agree with it, but at the same time it seems too gereral. Maybe that’s why this administration is labeling everything it wants terrorism. A selective-associatiave stigma perhaps, or maybe a form of propaganda.

“terrorists” are morally low-class killers.
“veterans” are morally honored, high-class killers.

No its not really general, Terrorism is a form of mind control through fear. it includes threats and actual physical harm to death. If you instill fear into someone you are a terrorist. Don’t sweat it we all are terrorists, it is the most efficient form to produce discipline and control. This gov’t along with others are beating the word to death with propaganda.
repeated use of the word creates a reaction in people. Call it training.

Example: When my son was young I would use the word discussion before disciplining him, “Son we are going to have a disscusion right now” then I would take him some where private and paddle his behind a bit., Then I would say son do you want another discussion? It took a short time to discipline the boy by following this strictly… If he acted up I would simply say Son we are about to have a disscussion if you don’t stop. Instant well behaved kid.

That is terrorism. After the age of 3 or 4 I rarely had to harshly discipline him, much to the relief of my squishy soft heart. One sentence and it was cool. Gov’ts do that to us but, in a more sophisticated form. Propaganda works wonders. We got control of our boy when he was young so that we and he would not have to go through too many hard times and heartaches. Gov’ts do the same.