Metaphysics And Consciousness.

Does anybody know where I can get some information on the philosophies that state all forms of consciousness is a direct result of metaphysics?

I don’t understand the question.

Yeah- me.

I would like to have some sources for my own reading pleasure.

I’m basically inquiring information on a philosophical theory.

You want to know if someone argues that metaphysics preceeded consciousness? Sartre says that existence preceeds essence.

Not quite.

I want to know if there is a view that consciousness developed out of metaphysical propositions alone instead of that which is the popular view that natural genetics had everything to do with it.

Although since I love Paul Sartre, do you mind if I ask yourself what you think about that statement you brought up?

[b]Smears I am going to quote Someoneisathedoor from an old ancient post that first began my search for the question subject of this thread.

( Maybe he can come into this thread and give his own answers.)[/b]

I want to know if there is any philosophers out there who speak of a metaphysical mechanism that is not in evidence.

I think that it depends on what you grant existence and how you define essence.

I think that it depends on what your standard of evidence is and how you interpret things into that standard. Thinking about it really, any philospher of metaphysics will speak of mechanisms which aren’t in empirical evidence.

plato hume kant berkeley spinoza locke hobbes… all of them really…

-Imp

Are there any recent writers?

Most people who believe in a metaphysical origin of consciousness speak of it in religious formulas but I on the other hand believe that the metaphysical origin of consciousness came about through accident.

I am looking form a theory which states a aciddentalism of metaphysical consciousness.

What is the popular name or title of such studies anyhow?

Free Will

Free will in all reality is unrestrained not restrained.

Anyhow what does any of that have to do with the topic of this thead?

I think you would enjoy reading some analytic stuff. There’s a guy named David Kellogg Lewis who just died in 2001 so he’s pretty recent. If you want I can send you a good deal of .pdfs from him. I just read a thing from a guy named Hintikka or something like that which was pretty good called “Information Causality”. I can send you all types of recent analytic/metaphysical stuff if you’re interested. Some of it is pretty dense but it’s worth the read. Let me know if you’re interested.

I’m definately interested.

I want to prove that higher awareness or consciousness that we see in man is actually a accidental metaphysical anomaly which was started by some sporadic impression that somehow modified man’s momentary animal senses into that which we call sapience.

Does Marx or Hegel come anywhere near to such a position like that?

I don’t know about Marx or Hegel as far as that sort of stuff goes, but David Lewis is a bad mofo. Look him up on wiki if you want. I’ll send you those articles.

Alright send me his lectures then.

I am just looking for a piece that describes sapient consciousness as being accidentally formed by prolonged metaphysics through social construction.

He’s not big on social stuff. Mostly analytical. But that’s where it’s at man!! You start that analytical shit pumping in your brain and suddenly it’s like everything you ever read has 10 new interpretations.