In a perfect world.

If we lived in a perfect world would philosophy and enlightenment be necessary?

I don’t think it would be which has lead me to believe that all of enlightenment and philosophy extends from anxiety or agitation.

Philosophy is a tool used by the weary and those in despair.

Sure, psychologists would try to figure out why people were happy all the time and why the human mind operates so smoothly without fail.

Philosophers would be discussing the perfection of the world and trying to atomize it to determine whether or not the world is truly perfect. They would also discuss whether there is a possibility of imperfection, and if so, where is it?

But in a perfect world there would be no need of questioning which would exclude all of that , don’t you think?

The reason I disagree with that statement is because, in a perfect world, there is no need for humans to be without their natural curiosity as the lack of curiosity and perfection in the world are not mutually exclusive.

Furthermore, in a perfect world people should (in my estimation) be generally more intelligent and the unanswerable questions would generally rouse their interest (on average) even more than they presently do.

I think that the world IS perfect!!

Yes. A perfect world is an imperfect world.

People always talk about deriving the is from the ought. I think that you shouldn’t do that at all. It’s best to just realize how the world is, and then how you ought not be in order to be properly attuned to it.

I am basically saying that curiosity is a product of anxiety and agitation but in a perfect world there is no understanding of imperfection therefore there is no reason to question anything as life would be of bliss that would halt any ill sentiments of questioning existence in the first place.

So in a perfect world there would be no anxiety, agitation, or curiosity? So no one would be curious about the nature of existence?

I was just going to say what Smears last posted… Curiosity will keep us agitated and motivated to continue to discover ourselves and the world and worlds around us.

If we rid ourselves of agitation would there be motivation?

Until we humans change our own nature or are changed through evolution of some sort, not necessarily Darwinian, we will remain curious creatures.

There will always be curiosity. We will never get boared. There is always something to occupy yourself with.

Also, as far as philosophy being used by those weary and despair, Those that are in despair or weary may indeed be seeking philosophic truth, but that doesn’t mean all philosophy seekers were in despair or weary to come across these philosophy ideas.

Those that are interested in philosophy are not satisfied with their reality so they continue to refine it, destroying it’ original state and rebuilding it in the process, until they are satisfied with their construct of being. At times one does despair and feel weary, but I think this is part of the process of growth.

Is curiousity a possibility though in a perfect world?

If everything is perfect what is the use of curiosity?

Dis-satisfaction means anxiety and agitation with despair being another form of discontent.

That is what I am saying.

Imperfection is the only scenario where anxiety, agitation and curiosity arrives from.