Everything is natural or is it?

If everything is natural technically wouldn’t man made disasters upon the natural enviroment be acceptable instead of rejected?

If every act of human beings is natural we would have no need of enviromentalists.

Nothing man made is natural. That’s humanities problem.

Wouldn’t we stop devastating tsunami’s if we had the ability? Well, in the case of man made disasters we have the ability.

I would argue that everything man-made started out with products that were natural, and compiling one natural product on top of another still results in a natural product. Not a naturally occuring product, but a natural (as in, deriving from nature) product all the same.

Who says that just because something’s natural that makes it GOOD?

Are human feces natural?

Yes.

It all depends on where you decide to draw the line between what is of nature and what is of man. Consider the idea of the colonial Christian encountering the primitive or natural man. Intelligence in many ways, and the constructs of society are the antithesis of nature. Try finding 1 square foot of natural space in any city.

After a while, if you are guided by the definition that you provided, the original nature of the item considered has been removed so many times that it is no longer viable any longer. I tend to believe that once the intelligence of man has taken a material out of it’s naturally occuring element it is no longer of nature, and so therefore no longer natural. I do see your point though, and I do think one could argue succesfully from either point of view.

Man is natural.

Excerpts from the bible:

The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit, 1 Cor. 2: 14.

The natural man is an enemy to God and should be put off, Mosiah 3: 19.

He that persists in his own carnal nature remaineth in his fallen state, Mosiah 16: 5 (Alma 42: 7-24; D&C 20: 20).

What natural man is there that knoweth these things? Alma 26: 19-22.

Natural or carnal men are without God in the world, Alma 41: 11.

Because of his transgression, man became spiritually dead, D&C 29: 41.

Neither can any natural man abide the presence of God, D&C 67: 12.

And man began to be carnal, sensual, and devilish, Moses 5: 13 (Moses 6: 49).

Christianity does not seem to think man is natural.

ROFL sorry but all those lines you quoted prove otherwise. Chrisianity does see humans as natural, Its just saying to rise above the beast within. LOL

I was just coming back to edit it to say something to the effect that the christian man is not natural, instead of christianity does not think man is natural, but I see you beat me to it.

Regardless, Christianity judges man in a natural state to be without the knowledge of god. And so again I state that I believe intelligence makes man unnatural.

Christianity is not requiring man to forgo the natural state it is requiring humans to rise above it. This in noway makes humans unnatural for rising above the natural state.

The bible is saying that the natural state is man’s origin. Man is to go past what he began as . This does not in any way imply intelligence is unnatural. It only makes it a step in man’s evolution, which is very natural as all things evolve even Gods. The bible is only asking man to evolve.

Because nature is without moral prejudice, assumptions , or constructed propositions in comparison to that of man.

Nature is the foundation of all things including men therefore it is man’s master.

Is man’s wild passions that the products come from natural though?

I believe prodigal living of ancient man is natural in comparison to unnatural economical market value systems of modern man.

( What many thinkers have called the gift economy where everything is in abundance amongst nature.)

His constructed enviroment isn’t and I would also argue that somthing caused his conciousness to awaken by some form of anomaly.

Man’s environment is natural to man. So how is it not natural?

It is unnatural because it is based off of metaphysical assumptions and propositions in a uncaring unhuman universe.

Man’s constructed enviroment is a hyper simulated reality.

While I would agree with you that the universe is somewhat uncaring, a fact I believe is the drawback of one of God’s greatest gifts to us, free will, it is not unnatural to construct elements of civilization that exist in harmony to nature. In fact, if one reviews their history, they will find that until man began to depend on technology, society, economy, agriculture, and all of the things that make up civilization were still dependant on the natural world. Therefore, while not everything man has constructed to this day is natural, civilization, in and of itself, is a natural extension of group dynamics in primitive man.