Scientology

From what I’ve heard of Scientology it sounds like just another wacky religion.

But the fact that many celebrities seem to be caught up in its bullshit, makes it interesting to me.

Not interesting enough to read its dogma but enough to ask:

Can anyone provide a rundown of Scientology’s basic dogma and belief?

I know it has to do with an alien race seeding the universe and the earth with its negativity which man is supposed to overcome, but what about the details?

Enlighten me.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8057_1.html

An overview of the basic doctrine of scientology.

I am a big fan of L. Ron Hubbard. The man did some phenomenal writing thanks to being hopped up. His writing was always about controling minds. I think the old boy would be laughing his ass off about this one. That drugs are bad in scientology, really kills me. His scientology and dianetics is alot like the writings in his Decology “Mission Earth”.

Thanks.

Definitely, thanks to M_E, now I know I am the product, the creation of an Extra Terrestrial, because L. Ron was obviously a brilliant man. Not many people can sit in a pub, drunk off their ass, and come up with a quasi-religious ideology that can be sold to the highest bidder …

Which reminds me, I’m in dire need of a career change … hmmmm.

It was Tom Cruise and Travolta that reminded me that I am a misguided Thetan.

It just goes to show you what quality of mind you need to become socially successful.

Either one of them has more money than we could ever acquire for unified effort in more than one lifetime.

Sometimes, you have to wonder who the winners and losers are, in a pragmatic sense …

The South Park episode on Scientology is brilliant and it actually explains what the “religion” is all about. It can be found here Season nine and the episode is called “In the closet”.

tv-links.co.uk/listings/2

Season 9
“Trapped in the Closet”

Official Site

Funny shit.

I also recommend the South Park episode, Satyr. But you should watch The Return of Chef afterward.

I think maybe you guys just don’t understand what being an enlightened Thetan venturing forth on the mothership is all about …

from what i gathered from the bbc documentary on it, scientology has a very dark side, so id discourage anyone to sign up to its churches, for fear of mafia-type loyalty.

Maybe that’s one of its few redeeming qualities.

My Thetan essence declares it so.

Really seriously read his Mission Earth series. You will see the similarities and why I figure he his laughing his dead ass off right now. Look at the Mission Earth series as the results of scientology becoming the dominant belief and government of the people. Put the two together and have fun. It is all it is meant to be for those that don’t follow blindly. Think massive practical joke on idiots.

His Mission Earth series is canon in Scientology.

I’m not joking. Scientology believes that his pulp novels are revealed texts.

Thinking it was more central, I was going to check out Dianetics first. But if you recommend Mission Earth I´ll give it a whirl.

If he meant it as a practical joke, it´s a pretty sick and successful one. I wonder if his intentions could be compared with those of the Abrahamic scripture writers. Give it another 2000 years and scientology might replace them…

Those pesky homo sapiens just can´t get enough can they.

Its a decology and a very heavy one at that. but, once you get into it it is hard to stop. Book 5 is where the old boy must have been ripped most of the time. He loses it and things get wierd and crazy with the story but, somehow he pulls it back together in the following books, pure genius.

The reason I suggest this series before you read the other is because this gives you a better idea where his heart, imagination,humor and belief truly lies.
Then read what is supposed to be his serious stuff… I can just about guarantee no one in scientology really bothered to read this decology. I think it would be too hard for such. ROFL :laughing: I am betting you will enjoy the series. it is bug nuts.

I love the Main character the best of all characters I have ever read.

The main character is a delight in his paranoia and egotistical self centered attitude.