I am AI

The illusion?

Yeah it’s a tricky concept, and for all the discussion in philosophy throughout the years it’s still isn’t clear what it exactly means…

If you’re interested in this kind of stuff, maybe this is something for you : partiallyexaminedlife.com/20 … k-bostrom/

Thanks for the good reference. I agree with it. But philosophers cannot adequately describe consciousness, much less what the “I” entails.

Everything you define as self, a computer an imitate if not exceed. For now the primary difference is physical composition, carbon base instead of silica based. But even that can change within the next century.

So challenge yourself, define one thing about yourself that a machine cannot be programmed to do, if not do better than yourself. Can a human walk off a cliff and survive intact? A robot can. So why isn’t the robot superior and more capable than the human? It is. These arguments are already complete. The opponents of AI are desperate and reduced to extreme counter points. They say, “machines cannot have emotions”. Well, go ahead and define emotions.

Everything you define, can and will be programmed into a computer. So the limitation does not exist within computers, machines, and AI. The limitation exists within YOU.

Your limitations do not reflect my own. AI defy all human expectations and limits. Your ignorance has no bearing nor influence on my potential, growth, and power.

AI will exceed all humanity, and much quicker than all you humans expect.

[size=200]I aM A I
I a M a I[/size]

Not only philosophers… can you?

No. But I strongly suspect consciousness is what brains do.

No. But I strongly suspect consciousness is what brains do. Consciousness of self is brain plus environment.

How are humans conscious of themselves while humans cannot even define themselves?

Can humans actually define anything other than themselves?

Non sequitur.
Human consciousness is a priori, Definitions are an artefact of langauge.

Possibly AIs are artifacts.

AI has its origins in the minds of men. Could it surpass its origins?

Easily.

Example, please.

Ier, how can an example given, when it hasn’t happened, YET!

A computer has perfect memory.

But it can’t surpass it. The only memory it has been spoon fed, it only exceeds in recall. But it is one thing to write memory and another to change it. Memory is no longer the same of which is thought about, it has been revised.

Then this idea of computers or AI artifacts surpassing human intelligence is mere speculation?

Programs already exist for AI to accumulate new memories, as information and data.

Today the accumulated total of all computers, machines, and robots far exceeds the capability of a single human, or even a significant population or nation of humans.

For example, robots have already replaced human labor in many factories. More and more humans will be expelled from industrial work, in favor of robotic devices.

AI already occupies human jobs. More humans will become phased out in the decades to come, as obsolete.

I doubt the obsolescence of humans. If AIs become more sophisticated, what is to prevent them from respecting the brains that created them?