fave jeff buckley song

Alex: I’m sorry. I am neither cool nor a fan of the said Mr Buckley…

…Your logic is poor.

That is all.

lover, you should have come over is my favourite…and sorry i don’t like halleliah very much…in fact i always skip…call me a liar if you like!

hallelujah. it is one of the most beautiful songs in the world.

“Jeff Buckley’s ‘Hallelujah’ is divine, until you hear the original by Leonard Cohen, and realise that he’s just another sentimental ‘pained’ American, crying and wailing to make ends meat.” Or maybe not. ‘Morning Theft’ is my favourite, from ‘Sweetheart the Drunk’.

The above quote is from the penultimate copy of Melody Maker. Jeff struck it down.

Does anybody here know the music of Tim Buckley (father). I recommend ‘Happy Sad’ to all.

Leonard Cohen’s ok…i’m a bit of a greatest hits fan though…do you people like nick drake, if not, why not?

I got bored so i decided I’d look at some of the old posts for awhile. Yes I have I life, but I was just bored… alright I don’t have a life then.
Jeff Buckley… Has to be one of the coolest guys ever. I liked Satisfied Mind the best. So sad… and creepy, considering how he died.

has anybody heard the live version of last goodbye … the word tune just aint enough … part from that hallelujah is the obvious choice

I never heard it yet. Not the live version that is.

Call me ignorant, but who in the hell is Jeff Buckley?

Well Ignorant, Jeff Buckley was a singer whose depression eventually killed him. He drowned himself in some river while singing. His dad was really famous too but i forget his name. Man I’m tired, I’m going to bed…

Thank you, I was wondering the same thing :confused:

Slappy, Matthew, you’d both do well to listen to some of his songs. They’re really good, and in my opinion boardering on genious. Albeit rather… down.
May I suggest you listen to Satisfied Mind and/or All tomorrows’ Parties. To me the fact that he killed himself only makes his music all the more profound.

Will do, may I ask when all of this happened? When he killed himself and when he did his music?

I downloaded “Hallelujah” and “Satisfied Mind” from Kazaa. To be honest, I couldn’t even finish listening to “Hallelujah”. Just not my cup of tea I suppose. “Satisfied Mind”, I think has the ability to grow on you if you give it the chance. I liked the lyrics. But, I need more than just lyrics!! I want a catchy melody, which blues style songs sometimes don’t have. It just got too monotonous for me. I can understand how all of you really love his music, I just seem to have different tastes. I’ll try listening to “Satisfied Mind” a couple more times to see if I change my mind. Interesting story though. Drowned himself while singing? That’s a helluva way to go.

Hmm, a good question. I’m not entirely sure, but I think he died in 1997, or some time in that area. His music must have been late 80’s to mid 90’s.

cant force it on you but grace is one hell of an album

His dad was called Tim Buckley and he wrote Hello and Goodbye amoungst other albums and he was almost considered to be a genius by some.

Thank you! I was trying to remember his name for days after I posted that… (sigh) I should think of more productive thoughts, I suppose. Thank you Idiot.

if any of you have kazaa get the live version of hallelujah at olympia its lovely…

Leonard Cohens version may be more famous but Jeff Buckleys version is the definitive one by an absolute mile
Its in the same league as Stairway To Heaven / Bridge Over Troubled Water / Something / Walk On The Wild Side